Sign in to follow this  
dmway

U2 dreams

I looked for a dedicated thread on this topic, but I couldn't find one. (If there is one, and I just missed it, mods, please place this thread in the appropriate place.)

I usually don't dream about the members of the band ever, but last night (i.e., Sunday night/Monday morning), I had two in short succession. Thus, I had the inspiration to start this thread (somewhat embarrassingly).

Neither dream is incredibly remarkable - I was just amazed I had any in the first place. The first was one where I, for some reason, was having dinner with at least some of the band. If I had to guess, it seemed to be during an off-day on a tour. The funny thing about it is that The Edge seemed to be left holding the bag - that is, he seemed to be the one getting everyone together for this dinner and looked a bit frazzled that he was doing it instead of normal minders of the band for such an occasion. I felt like I was one of two people who was supposed to be following him to the table (with whom I allegedly was, I have no idea). Edge flew through this crowded anteroom and up some stairs - so quickly, I was sure I lost him. But, when I climbed the stairs, I found our guitar hero pretty quickly.

BUT, he was off like a shot again! Through a door and down a dark hallway, we finally emerged in a somewhat dark dining room. It wasn't very full yet. The Edge seemed to unwind a bit once we were there. He pointed to a seat for me to sit in (and for whoever I was with), and he sat down on the other side (I guess to be with the other band members, although I didn't see Adam or Larry; Bono's presence was implied -  not directly witnessed, but a certain Bono-ness (Bono-itude? Bono-osity?) was hanging in the air). Of course, as with many dreams, it anti-climactically ended there.

The next one was more dramatic, but briefer. I was in a back-stage room where the band was (allegedly), and then a very strange thing happened. A very excited woman wearing a JT t-shirt jumped at me and knocked me off my feet! Was she a covert security agent who thought I was a baddie? No - it didn't feel like that. Did she mistake me for someone in the band? That feels closer, but not quite right. Was I getting a bizarre vicarious experience of what it was like sometimes being in U2, as if I were one of the members of the band? THAT'S what it felt like. I'd love to tell you which member if the band I was apparently channeling, but I couldn't be certain. If I had to guess, it would be either Bono or Larry. She was blond, buxom, and screaming - so much so it woke me up. I feel like I have a new respect for the band, now although I do hope none of them have ever had to endure that (but they probably have).

I didn't realize that listening to boots from U2 shows before bedtime was so programming to the dream world, but apparently they are... :POP_Heart_02:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I can see The Edge being the one to get the band together during an off time... Maybe you were one of his assistants or friends who was tasked to help him? On a more serious note, maybe your subconscious is telling you that the band is near slipping away (I hate to use that dreaded "r" word, but it will happen sooner or later) and you need to keep up and get as much U2 as you can while they're still actively making music and touring. 

The second one definitely sounds like you were one of the band members! It can definitely make you sympathize with the level of fandom they have to deal with! ? 

I've had U2 dreams before, but not in a while... The one I can remember the most is U2 holding an impromptu concert in my front yard! Just rolled up on a flatbed (like the All Because Of You video) and started playing away! I think I woke up right when I headed out to meet them ? Another one I think was me having a deep conversation with Bono, like I wish I could in real life!

• Brilliant 2

Posted (edited)

I like your interpretations of what I dreamed. The second one we completely agree on - I either channeled an experience one of the band members had or I constructed a reasonable facsimile. The first one I can’t get a definite feel about - all I know is that The Edge was not happy being the one organizing things! ?

See, I wish I would have ones like yours - a live performance in the front yard and a deep conversation are MUCH better dream topics! ?

I only started this because I got two U2 dreams in about a 3-hour span and there wasn’t already a dedicated thread to the topic. I bet a lot of people here have them; posts on them must be spread throughout other threads. Well, now there is a specific place for them if anyone wants to share. 

Edited by dmway
  • Upvote 1

I've had more U2 dreams than I can fit into a single comment. Most of them came to me years ago, but I still remember them.

The first one was 8 years ago when I was 15 and had just started getting into the band. I dreamed it was Halloween and I was dressing up as Bono not just to trick or treat but also as part of some kind of secret mission (the details were never spelled out, but it was implied to be either some kind of spy mission or to prevent the real Bono from being kidnapped.)

After putting on my costume (black pants, black sweater, red sunglasses, black mullet wig made out of yarn) I had to take my little sister and brother trick or treating and then go to Bono's house, which was the tiny house at the end of the street around the corner from my street. Ali greeted me at the door, and the house was dark except for the streetlights coming through the windows and she was in shadow, either to hide from the enemy spies or because I didn't know what she looked like at the time. All of Bono's kids were there too climbing on the couch, they were also all in shadow and they all looked (judging by their size and hyper behavior) like they were 6 years old.

I woke up before meeting the real Bono or any kidnappers or enemy spies. I guess that was mission accomplished?

• Haha 1

I wish that we could take pictures of parts of our dreams. The black mullet wig made out of yarn would be worth having forever all by itself! ?

I would have liked to have a picture of the dining room in mine too - I wonder if the lyrics of “The Crystal Ballroom” informed my dream because there was indeed a crystal chandelier in the middle. I wouldn’t want a picture of frazzled Edge though - I’d rather have one of him playing on a flatbed truck in a front yard! ? ? 

• Upvote 2

I tend to have U2 dreams right before and right after I’ve been to see them. The funniest one I’ve ever had must have been right before the 360 shows in 2011, although it honestly doesn’t feel like it was that long ago; but it was a direct result of where I hoped to make it in GA and playing too much Mario Kart on the wii with my son. In the dream, I made it into the stadium and as I took off for the rail, the next thing I know I’m bounce-running over giant mushrooms to get to the rail. To top it off, Adam was cheering me on. 

• Haha 4
  • Brilliant 1

Adam's such a good sport. I loved that video game around that time, and Mushroom Gorge was one of my favorite tracks. :D

Sometimes I raced as Bono, because we had the Wii too, and naturally I made Mii characters of all my favorite rock stars, and ended up having a few dreams that combined Wii Games, Virtual Reality, real reality, and U2.

I had 2 dreams where I was playing as my Bono Mii, but not controlling him with the Wii remote from the couch. I actually was him, on the screen, animating his animated CGI body. In the first one, 4 players had to race down a snowy hill by sliding on our backs. I think I/Bono came in 3rd place because the snow was powder on top of ice and if you slid too fast, the powdery snow would fly between your legs, pile up on your stomach, spray you in the face and blind you (even with sunglasses). In the second game dream, 4 players were in a big sunny animated meadow and either had to be the first to get out of a maze or find some magical object, I can't remember what the rules were because I didn't learn them in the dream either, so I/Bono just scampered through the CGI trees and flowers until I/we got tired and somebody who actually knew what was going on won or I woke up.

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Adam's such a good sport. I loved that video game around that time, and Mushroom Gorge was one of my favorite tracks. :D

Sometimes I raced as Bono, because we had the Wii too, and naturally I made Mii characters of all my favorite rock stars, and ended up having a few dreams that combined Wii Games, Virtual Reality, real reality, and U2.

I had 2 dreams where I was playing as my Bono Mii, but not controlling him with the Wii remote from the couch. I actually was him, on the screen, animating his animated CGI body. In the first one, 4 players had to race down a snowy hill by sliding on our backs. I think I/Bono came in 3rd place because the snow was powder on top of ice and if you slid too fast, the powdery snow would fly between your legs, pile up on your stomach, spray you in the face and blind you (even with sunglasses). In the second game dream, 4 players were in a big sunny animated meadow and either had to be the first to get out of a maze or find some magical object, I can't remember what the rules were because I didn't learn them in the dream either, so I/Bono just scampered through the CGI trees and flowers until I/we got tired and somebody who actually knew what was going on won or I woke up.

I had U2 wii characters too! I would exercise with them on wii Fit! ?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mich40 said:

I had U2 wii characters too! I would exercise with them on wii Fit! ?

Was Larry your go-to workout guy? :D

I admit I played Wii Sports and Sports Resort more than Wii Fit, but I had different favorite rock stars for different events. Bono was my favorite guy for cycling. . . 

13 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Was Larry your go-to workout guy? :D

I admit I played Wii Sports and Sports Resort more than Wii Fit, but I had different favorite rock stars for different events. Bono was my favorite guy for cycling. . . 

I liked running with Adam and Bono and Larry was my side man for step and the karate one. Edge was my hula hoop guy. 

• Haha 1

Back to dreams though....I’ve had dreams of Bono playing me new music before. And several dreams of just sitting and talking with band. 

• Like 3

I had one where the band and I were lying on this really big bed in the middle of an even bigger room. I was wearing a purple t-shirt and homemade pajama pants that I had in real life, and the band members were all in their teens wearing clothes from some black and white pictures I'd seen, so their hair and faces were in color but their clothes were black and white, and Bono at least was still wearing his shoes.

Bono and I were lying side by side about a foot apart. Adam and The Edge were asleep on Bono's other side, and Larry was sleeping curled up at the foot of the bed and I had my feet resting on his back (he was nice and warm.) Bono and I were awake and I believe we were talking about thoughts and emotions and love.

• Like 1

I'll have to get a Wii - apparently it helps in having U2 dreams! :lol:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, dmway said:

I'll have to get a Wii - apparently it helps in having U2 dreams! :lol:

It'll at least help you have fun. :D

Man, I am totally hogging your thread, and I haven't even mentioned my best, worst, or just plain weirdest U2 dreams yet! ;)

Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

It'll at least help you have fun. :D

Man, I am totally hogging your thread, and I haven't even mentioned my best, worst, or just plain weirdest U2 dreams yet! ;)

It's not my thread; it's the list's thread - I was hoping people would post in it!

Get cracking on the other dreams - that's why this thread is here! :D

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1

My worst U2 dream was just last night, I'm still a little disturbed by it.

The band themselves weren't in the dream. I was at the checkout counter at Walmart, and one of the tabloids on the rack had a headline screaming something like "Shocking hidden anti-Semite message in lyrics to U2 song "If God Will Send His Angels!" See page 18."

My dream self was smarter than usual and knew that was complete crap, but seeing lies printed in big red letters about people you love is still disturbing under any circumstances. How did that horrible lie ever make its way into my mind? Was it something demonic?

27 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

My worst U2 dream was just last night, I'm still a little disturbed by it.

The band themselves weren't in the dream. I was at the checkout counter at Walmart, and one of the tabloids on the rack had a headline screaming something like "Shocking hidden anti-Semite message in lyrics to U2 song "If God Will Send His Angels!" See page 18."

My dream self was smarter than usual and knew that was complete crap, but seeing lies printed in big red letters about people you love is still disturbing under any circumstances. How did that horrible lie ever make its way into my mind? Was it something demonic?

So many fans spend so much time defending our wonderful band, maybe that got into your dream! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Vertigo3333 said:

So many fans spend so much time defending our wonderful band, maybe that got into your dream! 

Yes, it might have, I've had to defend our wonderful band (and myself for daring to love them) several times.

If it was a proper tabloid, it would tell you to go to page 18, and there would be no story there.

Of course, this is perfect for this story because there would have been nothing they could write...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dmway said:

If it was a proper tabloid, it would tell you to go to page 18, and there would be no story there.

Of course, this is perfect for this story because there would have been nothing they could write...

Amen.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, mich40 said:

Back to dreams though....I’ve had dreams of Bono playing me new music before. And several dreams of just sitting and talking with band. 

Did any of the revelations come to pass?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, dmway said:

Did any of the revelations come to pass?

not yet, but never give up dreaming......

• Like 2

My weirdest U2 dream was also the longest.

My family and I piled into our minivan and went to see them live . . . in a small convention center on the side of a highway and accessed by a back road. There were still some empty theater seats in the back of the auditorium they were playing in so we sat there until intermission.

Then I don't know what was weirder, that I decided to use the men's restroom off the convention center lobby, or that Bono decided to use it too (something wrong with the plumbing backstage?). We met at the sink and chatted, and I wanted him to sign something but couldn't find anything signable before he had to go back onstage.

When we left, Mom either steered wrong or the minivan malfunctioned and we drove at high speed off a cliff overlooking the busy highway, but then the back wheels got caught on something and yanked us back hard so that the car was bouncing and hanging half off the cliff before the adrenaline woke me up.

• Like 1

I have had dozens of dreams over the years about U2. Usually around tour time, or after watching videos of them before bed.  The best are when I get a tiny show, like in a school auditorium, or when I just hang out with the band and become one of their friends - though they always slip away and disappear without ever saying goodbye! Once I even got Adam's cell phone number in a dream!  One of my favorites was sitting and having a long talk with Bono about politics and organizing, and all the work he's done, and my telling him what a gift he is to the world and, he perked up and said "Really? You really think I'm that good? That means so much to me."  

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JCF said:

I have had dozens of dreams over the years about U2. Usually around tour time, or after watching videos of them before bed.  The best are when I get a tiny show, like in a school auditorium, or when I just hang out with the band and become one of their friends - though they always slip away and disappear without ever saying goodbye! Once I even got Adam's cell phone number in a dream!  One of my favorites was sitting and having a long talk with Bono about politics and organizing, and all the work he's done, and my telling him what a gift he is to the world and, he perked up and said "Really? You really think I'm that good? That means so much to me."  

That last dream is so beautiful, and you can remember what Bono said word for word? I hope it comes true for you one day. :)