Sign in to follow this  
dmway

U2 dreams

I have bizarre dreams.  Last night I had my second U2 dream.

I was on an island in the Mediterranean.  It resembled Mallorca. Somehow I had won, along with a few other Zootopians, a trip to this island where U2 was staying.  It was a genie or bewtiched type of transportation and suddenly I was walking down a mountain, through an ancient olive grove, to go swimming.  Bono walked by, smiled and said hello.  I nodded and tripped, fell and started laughing.  Lots of strolls down this beautiful olive grove and many swims but no more Bono.  No Edge or Adam either.  I could not find any other Zootpians. I did keep encountering Larry.  Somehow we were both stuck using a very small kitchen.  ( I am moving from an apt with a tiny kitchen into an apt with a larger kitchen in real life)   At first, I was paranoid I was irritating Larry.  It always seemed I wanted something out of the kitchen and he was cooking.  I then started to get a bit miffed with Larry because things weren't being put back where they were originally.  I was spending thirty minutes looking for an ice cream scoop or whatever.  Finally, Larry was cooking on the stove and I had to ask him to move so I could get out of the kitchen.  Neither of us was happy with the other.  I tripped and almost hit my head. He had been leaving things on the floor right where I exited the kitchen.  One was a pail for sand and one was a hookah. I don't remember the others.  I was deciding if I should ask if I could use the hookah or if I should book my own earlier flight home when I  suddenly woke up this morning. 

(The hookah was part of the dream and in no way endorses any drug use or illegal activity)    ?

Very strange dream. My brain seems to be processing moving and saying goodbye to the EI tour.  

Edited by Manohlive
spelling
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 11/2/2018 at 10:41 AM, Canadanne said:

Are you sure it wasn't actually.... HIM? :MacPhisto_05:

You probably wouldn't want him as a dentist, considering the state of his teeth. :P

There is not enough laughing gas on the face or our Earth for me to be ready to let MacPhisto do my dentistry.   Yikes.   I thought this was about dreams not nightmares.  ?

Reading all these, I'm glad I started the thread! :lol: (I still can't believe there wasn't one before.)

I wonder how often they will appear in our dreams once the tour ends. I guess we'll (unfortunately) find out soon...

I had a long U2 dream last night. I was talking to their manager, who in my dream appeared as my campaign manager from a political campaign i worked on 20 years ago, pitching a few ideas to him. One was that I had a great publicity campaign for Bono to promote Pepfar (President's Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief).  Why I was throwing around the term Pepfar in my dream, I have no idea. The other was that I had found a great bass guitar teacher in my small New England town for Adam to come get lessons from, every Thursday afternoon.  The manager was writing it all down, and was interested, so at one point I slipped in, "Why don't you just give me Bono's cell phone, it will be easier for me to explain to him," and the manager responded with "Nice try. No chance."  Eventually, though, Adam agreed to the plan and there was a lot of decision making as to how he would get to my town. He eventually helicoptered in.  He started with playing with some local folk musicians in a living room, where I had been smart enough to arrive early to get a good spot. Then I invited him for dinner before his lesson and he accepted. I paused, and then asked if his wife and daughter would be joining, hoping he would say no! But he said of course, plus 12 others of his traveling entourage.  I woke up trying to figure out what I could possibly pull together for dinner for all of them, with such short notice.  At some point in the dream, I tousled Adam's hair. Funny dream.  But it goes along with most of my dreams that include Bono - they are always about my trying to connect with him over our backgrounds in campaigning and political work.  

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

I had a dream last night. I met Ali and introduced myself as Mich, the moderator and she said said “Yeah, I know your name. Bono talks about you.” That’s all I remember though....

• Haha 2
  • Brilliant 1

I had a U2 nightmare the night before last. I was going to see a show in Manchester, which is somewhere I've never been in real life. I turned up early in the morning to join the GA queue, and was quite relieved to find it, as I had no idea where it would be. Even better, there were only 20-odd people ahead of me! We had to wait outside for a couple of hours until the building opened, like in London. Then just as they let us inside, I suddenly noticed that everyone had a number on their hand except me - I'd forgotten I needed to get one! So I had to go right to the back of the queue, losing hundreds of precious places. Arrrgghh! That's when I woke up and found it wasn't real anyway. Jeez, the tour is over - why am I still having anxiety dreams about the GA line?!

Edited by Canadanne
  • Haha 1

Don’t mind me - just bumping this thread so it doesn’t get archived.

Carry on dreaming out loud... :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02:

Last night I had a dream Adam was hiding in a bush by my front door and wouldn't come out, trying to pretend like I didn't know he was there. 

2 hours ago, abluerwhite said:

Last night I had a dream Adam was hiding in a bush by my front door and wouldn't come out, trying to pretend like I didn't know he was there. 

LOL!