U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

My uncle (mk_u2) has his subscription expiring on November 10th, 2018... so he obviously needs to renew.

The only choices for his renewal, however, are the previous fanclub gifts from 2017 & 2018.

In the past we've been told "just renew and we'll make sure to send you the correct gift" but I know people who did this often got duplicates of their previous gift and then were no longer eligible for the correct gift.

How can he renew and get the 2019 gift that he should be getting?

Thank you for any help with this!

Has nobody else run into this issue?

There aren't any U2.com fan club members that got their renewal notice already but no new gift option?

Edited by SamyTheEdge

most subscribers were moved over to a January renewal date last year or so (given additional months etc) - but some may have fell through the net - best if he can use the contact forms on the Help page and let us know outcome

Thanks bigwave. Still waiting on a reply from them:

Thanks for your email!

A Fan Club Support rep should get back to you within 12 hours.

Please don’t reply to this email as it won’t get forwarded to a representative. Be assured that we will answer your original email ASAP!

Thanks for being a fan!

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Wednesday, November 14, 2018 9:15:43 PM GMT-05:00
Subject: www.u2.com | Renewal or Upgrade Problem
Edited by U2 Rules

8 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

That looks great!!!

Doesn’t it?

• Like 2

I want this subscribers gift. However when i try to renew my account i get this message:

Your account is expiring on 06 June, 2019. You cannot renew at this time.

Subscribers may only renew their U2.com subscription when the account is within 30 days from the expiration date.

So, how can i solve this?

17 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

I want this subscribers gift. However when i try to renew my account i get this message:

Subscribers may only renew their U2.com subscription when the account is within 30 days from the expiration date.

You will need to wait for when the date to renew your account approaches...

Another option could be to contact customer support services and tell them you want to renew early - it may work, but can't make promises...

25 minutes ago, cpaxlvacy said:

Probably best to wait until; 30 days before you current subs ends as Max says, gifts probably won't be shipped out before then 

OMG, an actual CD (and photo book)?!  I was all ready to hurl something at my computer screen if it turned out to be another vinyl gift. Thank you U2.com!! :) :) :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Brilliant 2

20 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Probably best to wait until; 30 days before you current subs ends as Max says, gifts probably won't be shipped out before then 

although we are checking on that (whether we will be able to renew early if we want to)

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Probably best to wait until; 30 days before you current subs ends as Max says, gifts probably be shipped out before then 

OK - the part I highlighted is the issue.

My subscription doesn't expire until the end of March, but, as you pointed out, the gift will probably be sent out earlier. Being a long-time U2.com subscriber, I would want the gift as soon as it becomes available. I think all long-term subscribers feel the same way.

Do I need to call too? We really ought to be able to re-subscribe now - there has never been an issue about this in the past. Anytime we re-subscribed early, an extra year was always just tacked on at the end of our membership date, with the gift sent as son as it became available (granted, not very quickly in the past, but the store seems to be changing its ways recently in shipping things promptly).

Just now, dmway said:

My subscription doesn't expire until the end of March, but, as you pointed out, the gift will probably be sent out earlier. Being a long-time U2.com subscriber, I would want the gift as soon as it becomes available. I think all long-term subscribers feel the same way.

Do I need to call too? We really ought to be able to re-subscribe now - there has never been an issue about this in the past. Anytime we re-subscribed early, an extra year was always just tacked on at the end of our membership date, with the gift sent as son as it became available (granted, not very quickly in the past, but the store seems to be changing its ways recently in shipping things promptly).

think this will be changed tomorrow, will put a note up - I actually meant to say probably WONT be shipped out before then (have changed that now) - lets hang on until we get a clarification about early subs (tomorrow)

1 minute ago, dmway said:

That is why there is a 30 day renewal limit.  People were getting a year or two ahead and having problems getting their gifts at the right time. As Max and Bigwave said, let’s wait for more information. 

just remember that there will be a chance to have the tracks in digital form before the gift is shipped... while it's true that it's not the same as the actual physical thing, it may alleviate a bit the anxiety of having the gift "until then" instead of "right now"...

• Upvote 2

This is my favorite subscription gift since, From The Ground  Up.   I think they hit it out of the ballpark with this one.  I think this is a great, great gift for 2019.   It's nice they announce it shortly after the EI tour ends because I'm still rather blue about no more EI.  I could not be happier.  Very cool gift.  

Edited by Manohlive
excessive necessities
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This was the gift I was looking for. Finally some great news for U2.com subscribers.

Edited by bacadorina

I literally just resubscribed a couple days ago. I was only given the choice between the JT singles and the 3D Dance mixes. My Mum already got her 3D mixes through the post. Can I change my gift to the 2019 gift so I don't get another copy of the 3D mixes? 

• Upvote 2

This is a gift, I could get really excited about - unfortunately my supscription isn't up for another +year (Jan 2020) so I am really hoping for early renewal - this is one gift not to be missed.

1 hour ago, sukhjitkamal said:

I literally just resubscribed a couple days ago. I was only given the choice between the JT singles and the 3D Dance mixes. My Mum already got her 3D mixes through the post. Can I change my gift to the 2019 gift so I don't get another copy of the 3D mixes? 

Similar situation to me. Resubscribed at beginning of november, they should send the JT singles (already available for download); there's a eay to change? :(

Now that's a WOW

A big well done to the U2.com team

My eyes make a circle

:u2-1383: