U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

This is my favorite subscription gift since, From The Ground  Up.   I think they hit it out of the ballpark with this one.  I think this is a great, great gift for 2019.   It's nice they announce it shortly after the EI tour ends because I'm still rather blue about no more EI.  I could not be happier.  Very cool gift.  

If I remember correctly, you have wished this kind of gift? Probably Santa Claus has been listening with us EI tour. It dosentti matter if the delivery is after christmas, nettiin year.

BTW, there was no real advantage at all to renew the subscription long before the deadline, when this was allowed. I early renewed on November 2, 2017 my subscription that was valid until January 2018. My U2.com subscription then became valid until January 2019 but the discount code expired on November 2, 2018 instead of January 2019 (it's the Credit Card Payment that fixed the deadline of the coupon, and not the effective deadline of the subscription). So I was unable to use it for the tshirts which emerged on the shop last week. Moreover, I lost it because I was sure it was valid until January :(

5 hours ago, sukhjitkamal said:

I literally just resubscribed a couple days ago. I was only given the choice between the JT singles and the 3D Dance mixes. My Mum already got her 3D mixes through the post. Can I change my gift to the 2019 gift so I don't get another copy of the 3D mixes? 

4 hours ago, beppecuoco said:

Similar situation to me. Resubscribed at beginning of november, they should send the JT singles (already available for download); there's a eay to change? :(

I recommend contacting customer service via U2.com/help ASAP (and possibly calling may be the better option) to see what they can do. And please let us know what they say. 

I am absolutely thrilled by the annoucement of this great gift. I secretly hoped for a  live cd and we get a double!   

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, mich40 said:

I recommend contacting customer service via U2.com/help ASAP (and possibly calling may be the better option) to see what they can do. And please let us know what they say. 

I emailed them earlier. Can't phone them as I'm abroad for a week. Will let you know what they say. 

• Brilliant 2

From customer services 

"We'll be more than happy to look into your request. We have reviewed your order and since the new gift was just released on November 20. We cannot exchange the dance mixes for the new gift. You would have to renew your membership to receive the new gift. You will be able to renew the month your subscription expires."

That's a bummer. Now going to end up with 2 3D Dance mixes. 

wow this sounds promising.

First time I have been excited about a subscriber gift since the Melon CD.

Damn, I renewed in September. So, I will get 3D Dance Mixes. It is every year the same. September is very late.

Better than the last gifts, but there is a 2015 I & E DVD/BluRay and there will be a 2018 E & I DVD/BluRay, so i expect nothing really special on the two CD´s 

I hoped for a CD or Vinyl Gift with a complete concert from the Joshua Tree Anniversary Tour.

Edited by Darklord

12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

This is my favorite subscription gift since, From The Ground  Up.   I think they hit it out of the ballpark with this one.  I think this is a great, great gift for 2019.   It's nice they announce it shortly after the EI tour ends because I'm still rather blue about no more EI.  I could not be happier.  Very cool gift.  

Yeah this is a great U2.com gift

From the ground Up was Amazing !!

medium_59fc1fbc2a716_U2COMCD_jpg_b1af26aeb1d0611c0fbdbefb5c7e4099.jpg

Ooh, what a great gift! Can't find where i can resub on my profile though...

Edited by ally33

8 minutes ago, ally33 said:

Ooh, what a great gift! Can't find where i can resub on my profile though...

Should be on your account info page under your username and current active date. Can also be accessed via https://www.u2.com/renew

• Like 1

Double live CD sounds amazing. Just need to get my CD player fixed. Or get a new one as the current one is playing up (Although, to be fair it is pretty ancient :lol: ).

I don't need to renew until early next year, so I'm happy to wait until I get the reminders.

I have a single disc CD player in my car and that's it but I'm excited about this gift nonetheless! 

So far U22 & From The Ground Up are the best, lets hope this is just as good!

• Like 1

Subscriber emails going out right now on this topic - check ya inbox

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bigwave said:

Ok, looks like existing subscribers can now again resubscribe early (and one full year will be added to existing expiry date).

31 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Subscriber emails going out right now on this topic - check ya inbox

I can confirm it works - I got the e-mail and just resubscribed! :Bananaphisto:

Thanks for your help, Bigwave!

Email says:

U2.com Subscription 2019 

Dear Giuseppe,

Thanks for subscribing to U2.com this past year, here’s the big news on our 2019 special gift to subscribers.

Introducing… iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018

Two albums.

Two tours.

Two years.

Resubscribe to U2.com   

This limited edition double CD & digital release, capturing the i+e Tour and the e+i Tour, is the 2019 special gift for U2.com Subscribers.

Beautifully presented in a photographic book documenting the iNNOCENCE and eXPERIENCE tours of 2015 and 2018, this one-off special release has been produced by the band especially for subscribers. It will not be on sale online or in store.

From "The Miracle (Of Joey Ramone)", "Every Breaking Wave" and "Song for Someone" to "The Blackout", "Get Out Of Your Own Way" and "13 (There Is A Light)", this is the definitive live companion to Songs Of Innocence and Songs Of Experience.

We’ll be publishing the complete tracklisting in early 2019 with shipping beginning in the Spring.

And from January, until dispatch of the double CD set, we'll be offering regular downloads of these new live tracks.

When you resubscribe to U2.com you'll also continue to qualify for the unique benefits of a subscription - a 25% off coupon in the shop, exclusive films, opportunities to access subscriber only events and first access to ticket presales if the band announce tour dates.

Resubscribe today and your new 12-month term will be added on when your existing term comes to an end.

Read more here.

Thanks again for being part of the U2.com subscriber community.

best wishes, 
The U2.com Team

• Thanks 1

So I could now re-resubscribe twice in a month 😄 

Well it’s..unusual isn’t it?

20 hours ago, Canadanne said:

OMG, an actual CD (and photo book)?!  I was all ready to hurl something at my computer screen if it turned out to be another vinyl gift. Thank you U2.com!! :) :) :)

ya i was pumped to see this myself :)

• Like 1