U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Grat to see CDs not another vinyl or book only! 😉 I hope they put on CD something from the trio: The Troubles, Landlady or Lucifer Hands as none of them will show up on DVD/BR... 🙄

11 minutes ago, MartinTexas said:

Grat to see CDs not another vinyl or book only! 😉 I hope they put on CD something from the trio: The Troubles, Landlady or Lucifer Hands as none of them will show up on DVD/BR... 🙄

The trouble! Adore!

I’m not renewing subscription this time.... been a fan club member for years and for JT tour and ei tour had crap seats... spoke to a girl at last gig  who isn’t a member and got standing tickets for 40 quid off Twitter that day 🙈😩

Great gift! I really liked U22 back in the day.

On 11/20/2018 at 9:44 PM, Canadanne said:

OMG, an actual CD (and photo book)?!  I was all ready to hurl something at my computer screen if it turned out to be another vinyl gift. Thank you U2.com!! :) :) :)

I felt the same kind of relief as well - I didn't want to throw something at my computer again either! :lol:

• Haha 1

Dear @mich40 @Max Tsukino @bigwave 

This sounds like a really cool gift, and I would prefer it to the JT vinyl I had to choose when I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago. 

I wish there had been at least an option for choosing a "2019 subscriber gift TBD" much sooner. That there was not one or an earlier announcement of this new gift is not your fault, and is perhaps no one's fault, maybe it could not have been prepared or announced any faster, but I am not the only subscriber caught in a less than ideal situation.

The additional gift of an extra and early subscription renewal is very generous, but I don't need and can't afford to resubscribe again so soon. It was a considerable financial sacrifice for me to resubscribe 2 weeks earlier, I was compelled financially to wait until less than 24 hours before my subscription lapsed to renew it. I made the renewal with the understanding that I would receive a new 2019 gift, and was perplexed to find that there wasn't one announced yet or an option to select a TBD "mystery" gift.

I believe that people who have already renewed their subscriptions for 2019 should receive this 2019 gift without having to renew their accounts again, and personally, this would be a much better gift for me, since I do not have a record player for vinyl but I do have multiple CD-playing devices. I don't think it's fair for subscribers in my position to be compelled to pay for another subscription for 2020 to receive the 2019 gift.

Is there anything that you can do?

Thank you so much,

Europa Thomas

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Dear @mich40 @Max Tsukino @bigwave 

This sounds like a really cool gift, and I would prefer it to the JT vinyl I had to choose when I renewed my membership 2 weeks ago. 

I wish there had been at least an option for choosing a "2019 subscriber gift TBD" much sooner. That there was not one or an earlier announcement of this new gift is not your fault, and is perhaps no one's fault, maybe it could not have been prepared or announced any faster, but I am not the only subscriber caught in a less than ideal situation.

The additional gift of an extra and early subscription renewal is very generous, but I don't need and can't afford to resubscribe again so soon. It was a considerable financial sacrifice for me to resubscribe 2 weeks earlier, I was compelled financially to wait until less than 24 hours before my subscription lapsed to renew it. I made the renewal with the understanding that I would receive a new 2019 gift, and was perplexed to find that there wasn't one announced yet or an option to select a TBD "mystery" gift.

I believe that people who have already renewed their subscriptions for 2019 should receive this 2019 gift without having to renew their accounts again, and personally, this would be a much better gift for me, since I do not have a record player for vinyl but I do have multiple CD-playing devices. I don't think it's fair for subscribers in my position to be compelled to pay for another subscription for 2020 to receive the 2019 gift.

Is there anything that you can do?

Thank you so much,

Europa Thomas

Please contact customer support service and explain your situation - have in hand and mention all emails/dates/relevant information associated with your renewal.

Please come back to us (via PM) if/when they answer, whichever it is...

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Emailed them once and they said no. Emailed them again and I got this response. Success! 

Screenshot_20181122-060458__01.jpg

I just wrote them. Let's hope...

Does anyone know why U2 left it so late to sort out this 2019 gift??

I'm left with the crappy vinyls that were on offer last week and I can't change.

Also, I have had no satisfactory responses as to why the U2 online player does not work. Contacted customer service multiple times.

Additionally, I asked for a refund of my subscription due to all this crap and poor service. Again no response - even though I am entitled to a full refund for online purchases within 14 days under EU law.

Really disappointed that U2 would associate with such a poor online platform and service.

3 hours ago, pat_odwyer said:

Does anyone know why U2 left it so late to sort out this 2019 gift??

I'm left with the crappy vinyls that were on offer last week and I can't change.

see previous posts in this thread, if you re-subbed recently and would rather have the new gift, try contacting again via the Help page with you circumstances, see what they say, and let us know outcome

They say my 'gift' is already shipped. No body answering phone today in US - Thanksgiving I suppose!

Really unhappy with the crappy resposne times and complete lack of assistance.

1 hour ago, pat_odwyer said:

They say my 'gift' is already shipped. No body answering phone today in US - Thanksgiving I suppose!

Really unhappy with the crappy resposne times and complete lack of assistance.

we do our best.

5 hours ago, pat_odwyer said:

Also, I have had no satisfactory responses as to why the U2 online player does not work. Contacted customer service multiple times.

a few others have reported recently some media on u2.com not working for them, have started a thread in feedback so we can try to assist further 

http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/40329-u2com-media-player-issues-nov-2018/

6 minutes ago, bigwave said:

we do our best.

Your efforts are much appreciated. The 2019 gift is so in keeping with the fan's wishes that I suspect the the mods had some influence and convayed the fan's input to the powers that be. 👍

I'm not aiming by criticisms at the community moderators or Zoortopia members. I have a serious issue with the complete lack of response from U2.com /Live nation corporate. I get the sense they don't give a hoot as long as they get their money. It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player). It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Edited by pat_odwyer
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 2

20 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

I'm not aiming by criticisms at the community moderators or Zoortopia members. I have a serious issue with the complete lack of response from U2.com /Live nation corporate. I get the sense they don't give a hoot as long as they get their money. It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player). It's not acceptable to ignore EU laws regarding refunds for services procured online within 14 days. It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Well said. It’s hard to disagree with any of this.

45 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to pay for a service which then doesn't work (U2 player).

Reported to tech (who are investigating, and thread started in Feedback section so we can pass up details that might help solve)

33 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to ignore EU laws regarding refunds for services procured online within 14 days.

Please PM me with more details so we can escalate

34 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to sign members up for the 2019 pack based on certain gifts and to then change suddenly to better or new types of gifts days later. 

Not sure I understand what you mean here - if you are saying that some people just missed out by re-subbing in recent weeks, then again, best thing is for you / them to contact the Help team giving details, and requesting to change gifts - not always possible, but as you can see in this thread, some people have been able to do that just this week.

36 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

It's not acceptable to fail to respond to web form submissions (first one 8 days ago). It's not acceptable to wait on hold for 20 minutes on their tel line with no response.

Again, if you can log all communications, PM details, then we can try to work out & hopefully help improve process (sometimes things take a bit longer than we all would like... but, that's why we are here...)

Ok - I admit that I made an error. I was wrong about the 14 day cool off period because u2.com isn't technically hosted in Europe. If they were hosted in Europe they would have to give my subscription back for no specific reason. I asked for my money back. I apologise to U2.com and Live Nation for that error. However, my other points stand. I will try to refrain from posting here again on this topic at least to give more time until it's resolved. I am not an 'internet troll'. Just a very unhappy customer

Astonished that people would rather have plastic ‘bird scarers’ than quality vinyl plus download...really hoping U2 also produce a limited vinyl version to buy through u2.com shop rather than just cheapo CDs...

Edited by Mark Taylor
  • Like 1