U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

1 hour ago, pat_odwyer said:

I will try to refrain from posting here again on this topic at least to give more time until it's resolved. I am not an 'internet troll'. Just a very unhappy customer

please send us via PM all the information you can provide about the other issues... it's something that is needed to be able to help...

thanks...

4 hours ago, Mark Taylor said:

Astonished that people would rather have plastic ‘bird scarers’ than quality vinyl plus download...really hoping U2 also produce a limited vinyl version to buy through u2.com shop rather than just cheapo CDs...

Some of us don’t have or can’t afford record players. I loved the pictures and poster that were part of this year’s gift, but the poor neglected vinyl has to sit on a bookshelf because I can’t play it. I have multiple means for playing CDs.

• Like 6

Got my email, renewed with no problem.

Very glad to be getting discs of the live shows as the gift. The vinyl stuff is kind of cool....but I don't have a record player!

😄

We saw Innocence in San Jose, Experience in Las Vegas. Really looking forward to hearing how the shows came out when recorded

Thanks!

• Like 1

SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
31 January 2019

No need to RE subcribe til january 2019 ............... like most of Very Very PROPAGANDA's Subcribers ......... OK ?

med_gallery_288312_44_20947.jpg

U2.com’s law: the quality of the subscriber gift is inversely proportional to the probability of a tour presale that year.:MacPhisto_01:

Edited by doctornickriviera
  • Haha 5
  • Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, electricco said:
SUBSCRIPTION ACTIVE UNTIL
31 January 2019

No need to RE subcribe til january 2019 ............... like most of Very Very PROPAGANDA's Subcribers ......... OK ?

med_gallery_288312_44_20947.jpg

I foolishly misplaced my Propaganda treasures.   It's really nice when you post stuff like this because I can see it and remember.. I spent an hour or so, last night, trying to decide which songs I want from IE, and which ones I want from EI, on this gift.  Is it on topic to discuss that in this thread?   Which ones are inevitable pics for each tour; which are secret desires; etc.   Will they put Gloria on the EI cd, just for Mich?  😵  I don't want to veer this thread off topic. This is a great subscription gift.  It's got me rebuzzed from the past four years of U2.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Some of us don’t have or can’t afford record players. I loved the pictures and poster that were part of this year’s gift, but the poor neglected vinyl has to sit on a bookshelf because I can’t play it. I have multiple means for playing CDs.

Mine’s in the Cupboard still boxed with the JT singles! 

1 minute ago, doctornickriviera said:

Mine’s in the Cupboard still boxed with the JT singles! 

Well, open it, already!

No I hated the Hollywood remix of desire in 1988 and opening the box might let the sound out!

2 minutes ago, Europa_Thomas said:

Well, open it, already!

3 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

No I hated the Hollywood remix of desire in 1988 and opening the box might let the sound out!

I can assure you that it's no Pandora's Box, or at least that there is Hope in it, because I have opened my 3D dance mixes and have yet to hear any Desire remixes that leave much to be desired. You really might like the poster.

Nice that U2 is giving a substantial gift for the subscribers. The last couple years have been very weak.

On another note, I'm surprised that TJT tour is not yet released on video. That would be perfect timing for this Xmas season and next year having the E+I video release too.

I hope we will see the complete concert for these last two tours. 

They answered, I’m quite disappointed 

Thank you for contacting us. We apologize for the delay in replying to your email. We will be glad to review your email today and apologize for any confusion. Once fan club membership is shipped out, we are unable to exchange it for another fan club package. In other words, we are not able to exchange your current fan club membership package for the recently announced gift.

@Max Tsukino, @mich40, @bigwave,

I sent an email to customer service, and I got a positive reply in just a few hours:

We're sorry the 2019 gift subscription was not available. We understand you wish to switch the gift included with your membership. We're happy to help! We're going to see if the gift can be changed to the INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018, and we'll be in touch with you soon, but please note it may be 5-7 business days for a response.

(Thanks for your help too, and your patience. It looks like things will be fixed up for me. This was not part of the email, but I don't know how to turn off the rich text)

Edited by Europa_Thomas
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Europa_Thomas said:

@Max Tsukino, @mich40, @bigwave,

I sent an email to customer service, and I got a positive reply in just a few hours:

We're sorry the 2019 gift subscription was not available. We understand you wish to switch the gift included with your membership. We're happy to help! We're going to see if the gift can be changed to the INNOCENCE + EXPERIENCE LIVE, 2015 & 2018, and we'll be in touch with you soon, but please note it may be 5-7 business days for a response.

(Thanks for your help too, and your patience. It looks like things will be fixed up for me. This was not part of the email, but I don't know how to turn off the rich text)

It's nice to see this happening for you and others.   

• Upvote 1

It says these cds are not going to be shipped until Spring.  If this is so, why resubscribe so early?   I'm confused.  Is it fan excitement?  I'm curious.  This is not meant to question anyone wanting to resubscribe early.  I am confused.   It's nice they are allowing people to resubscribe early.

Edited by Manohlive

35 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

It says these cds are not going to be shipped until Spring.  If this is so, why resubscribe so early?   I'm confused.  

Maybe Bono needs help with his Tax return🤔😉

Interesting. They sent me an email saying they have changed my gift to the 2019 gift. Then a couple hours later Live Nation send me an email saying my 2018 gift has now been shipped.. 

Will I get 2 gifts on the one subscription? Guess I'll just have to see what happens now.. 

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

It says these cds are not going to be shipped until Spring.  If this is so, why resubscribe so early?   I'm confused.  

I resubscribed early so I can get the downloads in January instead of waiting. :)  (I might have left it until the end of the year, but I wasn't sure how long the option to resub early would remain available.)

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

I resubscribed early so I can get the downloads in January instead of waiting. :)  (I might have left it until the end of the year, but I wasn't sure how long the option to resub early would remain available.)

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!    We don't get the downloads until we resubscribe?????    I knew I had to be missing something.   If it had been a snake I'd be bitten.  I was planning on downloading when y'all can do it and then I resubscribe in May.  Darn you, MacPhisto!  Tricked again. (j/k with the trickery but noooooooooo!!!!)   Thanks, Canadanne.  

21 hours ago, OB said:

Nice that U2 is giving a substantial gift for the subscribers. The last couple years have been very weak.

On another note, I'm surprised that TJT tour is not yet released on video. That would be perfect timing for this Xmas season and next year having the E+I video release too.

I hope we will see the complete concert for these last two tours. 

They did film a few Joshua Tree shows, but they were holding back on releasing the video until after E&I was done and dusted. I do believe the rumour I've heard (and I should emphasise that it's only a rumour) was that TJT could be out in spring. Dunno when the E&I release will be out.

Well done. Look forward to this one. I just pay my subscription - then this something arrives in the post some time later long after I've forgotten about it - it's always a surprise! This sounds great.

8 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It says these cds are not going to be shipped until Spring.  If this is so, why resubscribe so early?   I'm confused.  Is it fan excitement?  I'm curious.  This is not meant to question anyone wanting to resubscribe early.  I am confused.   It's nice they are allowing people to resubscribe early.

6 hours ago, Canadanne said:

5 hours ago, Manohlive said:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!    We don't get the downloads until we resubscribe?????    I knew I had to be missing something.   If it had been a snake I'd be bitten.  I was planning on downloading when y'all can do it and then I resubscribe in May.  Darn you, MacPhisto!  Tricked again. (j/k with the trickery but noooooooooo!!!!)   Thanks, Canadanne.  

That was a precautionary reason for my re-subscribing early too. That, and just wanting to get it out of the way as soon as possible so that I don’t have to think about it when my subscription is due for renewal in a couple of months. I can spare both cents of bank interest that I would have earned had I waited until March.

You probably will have access to the download if you have time remaining in January; if not, I’m sure the mods will let us know.

I assume you have to resubscribe in order to receive the downloads, since it's all part of next year's subscription package.