U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

I renewed early last time and am still waiting for last year's gift. Anyone ales hasn't received the U2-3?

• Like 1

Yep. Me too. I’ve always renewed early and have had an active subscription for over 10 years. Now I have had to pay $75 to renew again to be able to get this and next years gift. So I am a bit pi**ed about that but you get used to it here. 

11 hours ago, zoogaloo said:

I renewed early last time and am still waiting for last year's gift. Anyone ales hasn't received the U2-3?

contact immediately customer support service - it's better if you can give the info that appears on the emails you receive when you resubscribed...

11 hours ago, clydesdale1 said:

Yep. Me too. I’ve always renewed early and have had an active subscription for over 10 years. Now I have had to pay $75 to renew again to be able to get this and next years gift. So I am a bit pi**ed about that but you get used to it here. 

That's quite unusual...

Please log off, delete cookies and cache, log in again and go directly to the resubscription page... let us know if you still get the new subscription package instead of the resubscription one...

As you can see in my post above, we contacted support using the Help Page two weeks ago, but still have yet to hear back 😞

bigwave, if you or anyone else can look into why the accounts for "mk_u2" and "samy_the_edge" were not extended until January... we would greatly appreciate it, as we don't know what else to do!

23 hours ago, U2 Rules said:

As you can see in my post above, we contacted support using the Help Page two weeks ago, but still have yet to hear back 😞

bigwave, if you or anyone else can look into why the accounts for "mk_u2" and "samy_the_edge" were not extended until January... we would greatly appreciate it, as we don't know what else to do!

merging this topic into the main one so admin can look into

The U2 player still doesn't work. Not it wil show the records but will not let me log in!

Edited by pat_odwyer

14 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

The U2 player still doesn't work. Not it wil show the records but will not let me log in!

Capture.PNG

Checked the audio player on Firefox, Opera, Chrome, Edge and Internet Explorer on Windows 10.. working in all these browsers...

On Internet Explorer:

capture 02.png

(just a screenshot. No audio could be captured.... but I assure you it's working)

Please try again... log in your account and from there go to https://www.u2.com/discography . Please select an album. From the album page launch the player.

Yes but is it working or just playing demos. I get the same screen and it will not let me login. This is an improvement over last week when I got no screen at all.

10 minutes ago, pat_odwyer said:

Yes but is it working or just playing demos. I get the same screen and it will not let me login. This is an improvement over last week when I got no screen at all.

for now, please go to the album you want to listen from its page on the discography section, not from the top row of the player...

Wasn’t there supposed to be an extra gift last year for those who re-subscribed early? I got nothing. What was the regular gift? And what was the gift for renewing early? Thanks. 

Never heard of extra or different gift for renewing early 

I'm sure they have a pretty good idea of what they want to drop in from each tour, but I want to submit the following requests from E&I anyway. ;)

The Blackout, Lights of Home, All Because of You, Zoo Station, Dirty Day, Elevation, Even Better Than the Real Thing, Desire, Vertigo, Staring At the Sun, and You're the Best Thing About Me. I know some of those were replacements for others on each leg (EBTTRT replacing Desire, for example), but they'd be nice touches.

I didn't go to I&E, but if Cedarwood Road, Bad, All I Want Is You, Zooropa/Streets, and 40 made the cut, there'd be no complaints from me. ;) 

Last time they did this (with U22 for the 360 tour) the gift the year after was Edge's Picks - some of his personal favourites that didn't make U22. Do we reckon we'll see something similar in 2020?

On 11/23/2018 at 1:17 AM, Europa_Thomas said:

Some of us don’t have or can’t afford record players. I loved the pictures and poster that were part of this year’s gift, but the poor neglected vinyl has to sit on a bookshelf because I can’t play it. I have multiple means for playing CDs.

Presumably you have multiple ways of playing MP3?

2 hours ago, Mark Taylor said:

Everyone does, but the insinuation that mp3s are anywhere close to an equivalent in sound quality of vinyl or CDs is just wrong.

The reason why they went with CDs this time around is that it is a multiple-item set. Producing a multiple-item set on vinyl is a VERY expensive undertaking - twice the packaging, twice the vinyl, increased cost of postage to be shipped worldwide, endless complaints from the list that they still haven’t gotten their sets (since their track record for shipping out vinyl speedily isn’t very good), etc. Thus, it was a completely rational decision to go with CDs this time; the overall cost of the set from start to finish is much more reasonable (and, ostensibly, we will get them without the months of delay).

I’m very happy that U2.com has changed their ways recently and hasn’t continued to follow the goofy reasoning used by the record industry at large where they just release things on vinyl and lazily lob an mp3 at those who don’t want vinyl. When they release single vinyls here, they now offer WAV downloads in addition to mp3 - that thinking shows they care about those who want better sound quality. I further hope that someday they offer lossless downloads as an option for these gifts (with artwork, of course) - those have better sound quality than all three formats mentioned above.

However, back to the topic at hand, simple cost in the production and mailing makes it CDs this time; vinyl has had a good run in gifts over the past 3-4 years - no doubt it will come back in the future too.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mark Taylor said:

Yes I do, but the vinyl is still stuck on the shelf because the mp3s and lack of a record player make it double redundant . I could play CDs and mp3s.

hi. i resubscribed last month and chose the upcoming live cd as my gift. however, LiveNation has shipped the previous gift of U23D remix vinyl which i had already received for my last subscription, meaning that i will now have 2 copies of that gift. Can i return one and swap it for live cd please? Thank you :)

Barry 💚

2 hours ago, barryoshea60 said:

hi. i resubscribed last month and chose the upcoming live cd as my gift. however, LiveNation has shipped the previous gift of U23D remix vinyl which i had already received for my last subscription, meaning that i will now have 2 copies of that gift. Can i return one and swap it for live cd please? Thank you :)

Barry 💚

Please contact the Store Customer Support Service, either using the form on the CONTACT US page or via phone (US: 1-800-615-1324. Outside the U.S: +1-434-812-4067) and explain the situation.

Have in hand the emails you received when you resubscribed - the most important would be the one in which is stated that you chose the upcoming live CD set.

Please let us know what answer you get...

I just renewed by subs and lost my shopping code for last year... ah, should have purchased before subscribing.

Do you think its too late to arrive in Ireland before Christmas, anyone know how long it takes.

thanks