U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Hi, I just renewed my subscription. I picked the CD, got my discount code and confirmation emails, however, my U2.com profile says my subscription is active until January 31, 2019, which was the expiration date after I renewed last year. Will this update or will it take a few days? Or does the expiration date come after the older one expires? I don't remember this issue in the past and have been a longtime subscriber.

2 minutes ago, salbono said:

Hi, I just renewed my subscription. I picked the CD, got my discount code and confirmation emails, however, my U2.com profile says my subscription is active until January 31, 2019, which was the expiration date after I renewed last year. Will this update or will it take a few days? Or does the expiration date come after the older one expires? I don't remember this issue in the past and have been a longtime subscriber.

Try logging out and back in. It should correct itself then. 

Just now, mich40 said:

Try logging out and back in. It should correct itself then. 

You are awesome, that worked! Happy New Year!

U2.com wouldn't let me log in to it on my new computer, so foolishly I thought that my membership had expired and set up a new account and paid $50.

Then back on old pc I get a reminder asking to pay $40.

I contacted 'customer services' to explain what I'd done wrong and to ask for the new money to be credited to the old account, and they just fobbed me off.

Does anyone have a proper human name that I could contact please?

On 11/21/2018 at 1:34 PM, bigwave said:

Ok, looks like existing subscribers can now again resubscribe early (and one full year will be added to existing expiry date).

Somehow I am currently subscribed up till Jan 9th, 2021.   I recall having to resubscribe early this time last year in order to be in the fan club presale.  I'm going to call customer service to sort this out, but I just want credit for singlehandedly assuring U2's existence into the year 2022.  ; )

Don't mind renewing early. But are they still a group???

On 1/5/2019 at 4:35 AM, chris42 said:

Don't mind renewing early. But are they still a group???

Last time I saw U2 live in concert, that is in October 2018, they pretty much looked like a group. Ok, that was an year ago, so maybe you’ve heard something we all don’t know.

• Haha 1

Shouldn’t  we be getting the tracklists and downloads soon? They said early January 

Posted (edited)

Hello there!

Somehow I do not find a possibility in my profile to renew my subscription for another year ... can anyone tell me where exactly this is possible?

Edit:

Finally found it - had to log out an in again before the option popped up ...

Edited by ThePete68

On 12/22/2018 at 6:34 PM, Max Tsukino said:

You will need to insist on the customer support service, I'm afraid - have in mind that with the holidays, they may be busier than usual. If you are using the CONTACT US form on the help page (https://www.u2.com/help) and they are still not answering, please consider calling them (outside the US ---> +1(949) 333-4820). Have in hand every email you received with the subscription process so you can provide the information needed.

Please update us on what they say to you, either here or via a PM to the moderation team...

After dozens of emails with the customer service I'm still here waiting for an answer on how to use the discount code. I'm afraid I will not be able to solve anything, so I thought I'd ask for a refund. What do you think? Will I manage to get it or will I have to resign myself to losing $ 50?

51 minutes ago, Lellla76 said:

After dozens of emails with the customer service I'm still here waiting for an answer on how to use the discount code. I'm afraid I will not be able to solve anything, so I thought I'd ask for a refund. What do you think? Will I manage to get it or will I have to resign myself to losing $ 50?

Have they responded to you at all? Sending you a pm. 

so this is the first year since the 360 tour where my subscription is due to expire, as I've always had it paid up for at least two years in advance 🤣 is there a deadline we need to renew by, or is the subscriber gift good up until the day the paid subscription expires?

2 hours ago, abluerwhite said:

so this is the first year since the 360 tour where my subscription is due to expire, as I've always had it paid up for at least two years in advance 🤣 is there a deadline we need to renew by, or is the subscriber gift good up until the day the paid subscription expires?

check https://www.u2.com/subscribe, please... you should be able to resubscribe early... The deadline should appear on your profile page (https://www.u2.com/profile

27 minutes ago, Canadanne said:

https://www.u2.com/news/title/you-decide

Erm.... this set is meant to be live songs from the IE and EI Tours, isn't it?? I thought Little Things was only played on the Joshua Tree Tour....

Yes, you’re right - unless there was a special performance of the song not on the  e&i tour, but after the JT anniversary tour (e.g., was it played during the “U2 at the BBC” show?).

This opportunity to vote on tracks gave me awful flashbacks of the process to choose tracks for U22. I hope to heaven that they have already picked the tracks themselves and that these in the poll are a selection of ones they have already chosen. (I’m still upset at a portion of the U2.com membership who voted for songs we already had lots of great versions of instead of the rarely-performed and new songs which were the obvious choices for such a collection (thus, we ended up on U22 getting yet another version of a song like WOWY instead of only-performed-on-one-tour tracks like “The Return Of The Stingray Guitar” or “Glastonbury” 🙄 - thank goodness The Edge fixed things to a degree with his “Edge’s Picks” CD included with “From The Ground Up”).).

Well, here’s hoping for the best mix of songs.

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 1/17/2019 at 1:34 AM, dmway said:

Yes, you’re right - unless there was a special performance of the song not on the  e&i tour, but after the JT anniversary tour (e.g., was it played during the “U2 at the BBC” show?).

This opportunity to vote on tracks gave me awful flashbacks of the process to choose tracks for U22. I hope to heaven that they have already picked the tracks themselves and that these in the poll are a selection of ones they have already chosen. (I’m still upset at a portion of the U2.com membership who voted for songs we already had lots of great versions of instead of the rarely-performed and new songs which were the obvious choices for such a collection (thus, we ended up on U22 getting yet another version of a song like WOWY instead of only-performed-on-one-tour tracks like “The Return Of The Stingray Guitar” or “Glastonbury” 🙄 - thank goodness The Edge fixed things to a degree with his “Edge’s Picks” CD included with “From The Ground Up”).).

Well, here’s hoping for the best mix of songs.

You vote which 2 songs will be first available to download, not for the tracklist of the CD. The songs you can vote for are already on the tracklist.

Edited by bacadorina

Still the doubt remain. Little things - wonderful indeed - was not part of the setlist. Why should be in? Better to have in the JTT we are still waiting... 

5 hours ago, bacadorina said:

You vote which 2 songs will be first available to download, not for the tracklist of the CD. The song you can vote for are already on the tracklist.

Yes, I know. I’m just hoping that they don’t have us choose the rest of the songs later. I agree that it looks like they have already chosen them.

The opportunity to vote for these songs to download just reminded me of the process of voting for the songs to be included on U22 (and of the disappointing result) - that’s what I was getting at.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, beppecuoco said:

Still the doubt remain. Little things - wonderful indeed - was not part of the setlist. Why should be in? Better to have in the JTT we are still waiting... 

Sorry for my english.

To me it appears as a false historical to put this wonderful song in the list.

Never played in both tours; how to justify its presence?

Just a short question to those who already renewed their subscription: 

Is it normal that once you choose the subsription gift you want (2CD for me) and after you confirmed your Acoount details, you get a redirection to the Live Nation webshop?

In this webshop I cannot choose a article that renewes my subsription. 

I am confused and already mailed the Helpdesk, but I wanted to ask here if this is "normal"? 

I can’t renew my suscription... 😥

Once I confirm my shipping address is current and updated it takes me to livenation shop and i cant make the purchase... please help...

A9B70702-7A29-4482-807C-E8CBB64B9B2C.jpeg

984C5229-DBFF-47C7-B69E-4E60A8C22DD1.jpeg

Edited by cano.tornero

3 hours ago, nocalimero said:

Just a short question to those who already renewed their subscription: 

Is it normal that once you choose the subsription gift you want (2CD for me) and after you confirmed your Acoount details, you get a redirection to the Live Nation webshop?

In this webshop I cannot choose a article that renewes my subsription. 

I am confused and already mailed the Helpdesk, but I wanted to ask here if this is "normal"? 

1 hour ago, cano.tornero said:

I can’t renew my suscription... 😥

Once I confirm my shipping address is current and updated it takes me to livenation shop and i cant make the purchase... please help...

A9B70702-7A29-4482-807C-E8CBB64B9B2C.jpeg

984C5229-DBFF-47C7-B69E-4E60A8C22DD1.jpeg

Can you please try signing out and back in, possibly clear cookies/cache and/or try a different browser. I was just able to get to the correct pages on Safari. 

Also, try going through the link on your account page, if you aren’t doing that.