U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

On 7/19/2019 at 9:51 PM, bacadorina said:

Yeah, right, they will start shipping in August. More likely August 2020. Now it’s past mid July and they haven’t yet announced the final track list, still they promise to deliver the CD in less than a month. Do you beLIEve it?

All My Love for your Comment !

And LOL.... You guys thought we were gonna get Acrobat and Horses .... ...:Zoo_Cow::Discotheque::Mysterious_Ways:

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

And LOL.... You guys thought we were gonna get Acrobat and Horses .... ...:Zoo_Cow::Discotheque::Mysterious_Ways:

Or Gloria....☹️

• Like 1

This set looks great!  The only disappointing thing to me is that "You're the Best" was taken from an Experience show and not a JT show, so we'll be getting the (in my opinion) boring acoustic version.  Would have been amazing to include Acrobat, but of course with it not being an Innocence or Experience song I understand why.  Overall really looking forward to this.  And of course it's always a bonus when one of the songs comes from a show I actually attended (American Soul from Las Vegas, May 12th)!

Hmm, I really thought we were getting half the album resembling the I+e setlist and then a E+i based around the Europe setlist.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AMBERBOCK said:

This set looks great!  The only disappointing thing to me is that "You're the Best" was taken from an Experience show and not a JT show, so we'll be getting the (in my opinion) boring acoustic version.  Would have been amazing to include Acrobat, but of course with it not being an Innocence or Experience song I understand why.  Overall really looking forward to this.  And of course it's always a bonus when one of the songs comes from a show I actually attended (American Soul from Las Vegas, May 12th)!

Acrobat is MORE Innocence and Experience than the Innocence  and Experience  albums....times 1 Billion .......

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bl00dypalms said:

Hmm, I really thought we were getting half the album resembling the I+e setlist and then a E+i based around the Europe setlist.

Me too ..........  Personally, I would have wanted to have a version of Until the End of the World.......It's ONe of my favourite songs of all time and they played it SO WELL on the I+E tour ........ .... ...

Edited by pain_18_

Does anyone think that they might put out a separate digital double album that the public can purchase of the two tours?  I would really like to have Stay, Dirty Day and the stripped down version of Sunday Bloody Sunday. ☺️ For that matter I would love to have a digital version of the whole JT2017 tour, particularly Bad.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bl00dypalms said:

We've got the I&E bluray already. The E&I bluray is in the pipeline. Then we'll get the European based setlist in high quality. But.... when it will be released is a mystery....

On 7/23/2019 at 2:52 AM, pain_18_ said:

Me too ..........  Personally, I would have wanted to have a version of Until the End of the World.......It's ONe of my favourite songs of all time and they played it SO WELL on the I+E tour ........ .... ...

OMG, finally someone said that... It's my all time favourite song and I listen to it and like 5 live versions on a daily basis before i start work in the morning.... everyday - that's right... I wanted to have this too in the album.. my dream is to see them play at JT in singapore.. they havent played it at any JT shows in 2017 so im worried if the set list is gonna be the same as 2017 :( but I really want them to play it... 

• Like 2

I wonder if there will be an extra volume released eventually from these two tours, like "Edge's Picks" came out after the original "U22" compilation from the U2360 tour.

It would be nice to have a collection of the rarely/never-previously played (or virtually reinvented, e.g., "New Year's Day", "Dirty Day") songs from the i&e and e&i tours in addition to what we are getting. I have no problem with what's on these two discs; I just hope for a bit more - the total "Innocence and Experience" tour cycle had a lot of exceptional performances that deserve to be commemorated.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, dmway said:

I wonder if there will be an extra volume released eventually from these two tours, like "Edge's Picks" came out after the original "U22" compilation from the U2360 tour.

It would be nice to have a collection of the rarely/never-previously played (or virtually reinvented, e.g., "New Year's Day", "Dirty Day") songs from the i&e and e&i tours in addition to what we are getting. I have no problem with what's on these two discs; I just hope for a bit more - the total "Innocence and Experience" tour cycle had a lot of exceptional performances that deserve to be commemorated.

That would be nice.  We don't ask for much, do we?   😀

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, heshanp said:

OMG, finally someone said that... It's my all time favourite song and I listen to it and like 5 live versions on a daily basis before i start work in the morning.... everyday - that's right... I wanted to have this too in the album.. my dream is to see them play at JT in singapore.. they havent played it at any JT shows in 2017 so im worried if the set list is gonna be the same as 2017 :( but I really want them to play it... 

SAME HERE, MAN.... Same here.. I listen to it everyday and 5 to 15 live versions too...

..... I'm very sad about it ....

Personally.... I would have wanted the Glasgow 2015 I+E shows..at least available for download...here on the site....Without changing the physical gift....

I can't understand why they're not DOING it....  There would be a WHOLE lot more Subscribers if they gave us concerts to download ......

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 2

sometimes I have the feeling that U2 is only interested in money.  I stick with it when U2 offers every concert for download and $ 10 are enough fans there who pay for it.  I think u2 should offer like all other big bands and concerts for download.  or post a live CD after each tour.

• Like 1

Good news..all bar 3 tracks from both albums!Really happy with this ,though would have absolutely loved Acrobat and ‘Horses’ added as bonus tracks!!

Posted (edited)
On 7/22/2019 at 4:22 PM, pain_18_ said:

Me too ..........  Personally, I would have wanted to have a version of Until the End of the World.......It's ONe of my favourite songs of all time and they played it SO WELL on the I+E tour ......

After Bad, it's my favorite U2 song.   It's mind blowing to see it live.  I think they skipped it because it's on so many other things that have been released.  As for your confusion to my post about us asking for much-it was just a silly joke from being excited about this gift and the new tour.  My gut tells me there is a decent chance they will play UTEOTW for TJT 2019  (mere conjecture but I think we'll hear it).   It's a new tour in places they have not played for a long time, if at all.  I too am hoping it makes the set list.  I watch the EI live versions on YouTube all the time. 

Edited by Manohlive
wrong tour
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Manohlive said:

It would be nice to have a collection of the rarely/never-previously played (or virtually reinvented, e.g., "New Year's Day", "Dirty Day") songs

Yes to those two especially!   I would add Zoo Station.  Perhaps they will make the EI DVD. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

After Bad, it's my favorite U2 song.   It's mind blowing to see it live.  I think they skipped it because it's on so many other things that have been released.  As for your confusion to my post about us asking for much-it was just a silly joke from being excited about this gift and the new tour.  My gut tells me there is a decent chance they will play UTEOTW for TJT 2019  (mere conjecture but I think we'll hear it).   It's a new tour in places they have not played for a long time, if at all.  I too am hoping it makes the set list.  I watch the IE live versions on YouTube all the time. 

I don't care, man..... I want Until the End of the World....the fans pay, the fans SAY !!!!! Customer is always right !!!!! AAAH ! :OOOO

Edited by pain_18_
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, manu81 said:

sometimes I have the feeling that U2 is only interested in money.  I stick with it when U2 offers every concert for download and $ 10 are enough fans there who pay for it.  I think u2 should offer like all other big bands and concerts for download.  or post a live CD after each tour.

YEAH.... And while they're at it and we're PAYING anyway....Why don't they at least let us CHOOSE one I+E show to download in  its' entirety.... How's that for marketing strategy ? And it took me 1 second to come up with it !!!!!

• Brilliant 1

I love it that they are all new songs! :2106451784_ei_bulb:

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Brilliant 1

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Yes to those two especially!   I would add Zoo Station.  Perhaps they will make the EI DVD. 

Acrobat... Wild Horses... *_*
And The Joshua Tree Tour (2017... 2019?) DVD... film? Anton Corbijn was working on it (according the last rumors... :rolleyes: )
Sorry for the OT :rolleyes:

Waitin' for the gift! :)

• Sad 1

See y'all some other time.... I'm going to listen to *POP*:POP::POPLemon::Mirrorball::Discotheque::Arch:

14 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

I don't care, man..... I want Until the End of the World....the fans pay, the fans SAY !!!!! Customer is always right !!!!! AAAH ! :OOOO

Don’t really get the need for it..Don’t people already have it on U22 and ZOO TV from Sydney?

I would however love to have Acrobat, Wild Horses and Dirty Day on a well mastered CD.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

14 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

YEAH.... And while they're at it and we're PAYING anyway....Why don't they at least let us CHOOSE one I+E show to download in  its' entirety.... How's that for marketing strategy ? And it took me 1 second to come up with it !!!!!

Yes, I couldn’t agree more. That is really a brilliant idea! What better proof that the band really cares about its fan base would be than giving subscribers the possibility to Download the concert of your choice (from I+E or E+I tours, of course)?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, bacadorina said:

Yes, I couldn’t agree more. That is really a brilliant idea! What better proof that the band really cares about its fan base would be than giving subscribers the possibility to Download the concert of your choice (from I+E or E+I tours, of course)?

EXACTLY  @bacadorina ANd Now WHat.... How do we get our Idea to the BAnd ?  I'm  seriously frustrated here..... U know...Bono was talking about  giving them " our hard earned cash" but what are they giving us ? Especially us (talking about me now) fans who did NOT get to attend an I+E concert........ Subscribers would be Booming if they implemented  my suggestion !!!!

Edited by pain_18_