Jump to content
U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, promenade95 said:

Don’t really get the need for it..Don’t people already have it on U22 and ZOO TV from Sydney?

I would however love to have Acrobat, Wild Horses and Dirty Day on a well mastered CD.

   We SHOULD GET ALL FOUR !!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would've liked Acrobat, that's one change I'd make for myself :Achtung_Baby_07:

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There was unfortunately a lack of information lately, but now it's clear what the tracklist is. It's a great gift and it's on a cd, just as u22 and what a great gift that was.

Sure we get Acrobat, Dirty Day for release. That would be the E&I blu ray!

There's nothing wrong with this gift, except the delays. Looking forward to this one!!

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, promenade95 said:

Don’t really get the need for it..Don’t people already have it on U22 and ZOO TV from Sydney?

I would however love to have Acrobat, Wild Horses and Dirty Day on a well mastered CD.

Maybe they could add this as bonus CD or download with the e+i-tour-DVD as it would also fit to the filmed show - it would be sooooo great!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

With the tracklisting of the double CD set now confirmed,  another two tracks are waiting for you to download.
 
If you subscribed - or resubscribed - to U2.com for 2019 and selected as your gift U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE' ,  EIGHT  of the 23 tracks are now available exclusively to subscribers - with more arriving in the coming weeks.

When you're signed in, click Account Info on the tab at the top right of the page to find:

- The Miracle (of Joey Ramone) - Live from Madison Square Garden, New York, 27th July 2015
Love Is All We Have Left - Live from NYCB Live, Uniondale, 9th June 2018

https://www.u2.com/news/title/download-eight-songs/news/

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about for those who have already renewed their subscription (in my case some 5 months ago) that we get all the tracks digitally now? Can it really be that hard to organise? Having to wait months and months for the physical CD is something that never ever gets addressed and needs fixing. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh, new tracks. The Miracle was the first ever U2 song I heard live in the flesh so it's always got a special place for me. Love Is All We Have Left is a track I was kind of sad not to hear live in its original form - it's mesmerising.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Thanks for the news!! 

Nice for the week-end. ^_^

@ All,

Have a good one!! :)

Edited by seresere

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Ahhh, new tracks. The Miracle was the first ever U2 song I heard live in the flesh so it's always got a special place for me. Love Is All We Have Left is a track I was kind of sad not to hear live in its original form - it's mesmerising.

Off topic but IE was your first U2 show?   I forgot.  Wow.   Joey Ramone sounds great.  We have an air and water show in my city this weekend.  The Thunderbirds are currently practicing.  They're roaring by my window as I listen to these tracks.   It is quite apropos. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

Off topic but IE was your first U2 show?   I forgot.  Wow.   Joey Ramone sounds great.  We have an air and water show in my city this weekend.  The Thunderbirds are currently practicing.  They're roaring by my window as I listen to these tracks.   It is quite apropos. 

The O2 London, 25/10/15. Stunning show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Fantasy tracklist!!!

1. Miracle

2. Electric Co.

3. Iris

4. Cedarwood

5. Song for someone 

6. Sunday 

7. Wolves 

8. Until the end 

9. Invisible

10. Crystal Ballroom 

11.  Breaking wave

 

1   Love is all

2. Blackout 

3. Lights of home

4.  Red Flag Day

5.   Dirty Day

6.   Wild Horses

7.    Stay

8.   Get out of your 

9.   New Years Day

10  Acrobat

11.   Love is bigger

12.  13

  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 7/30/2019 at 7:46 PM, promenade95 said:

Fantasy tracklist!!!

Yeah, the idea is clear to get only songs from last 2 albums, but I couldn't understand one thing - WHY the hell thay couldn't add Lucifer Hands on 1st CD??!?!!? Both discs would have 12 tracks. If they could add Crystal Ballroom and Invisible what was wrong with LH??? 😔 Even Ordinary Love would fit.

 

This song doesn't have luck - both versions (Return of Stingray Guitar and Lucifer Hands) were close to be on subscribers gifts, but.... 👿

Edited by MartinTexas
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, MartinTexas said:

Yeah, the idea is clear to get only songs from last 2 albums, but I couldn't understand one thing - WHY the hell thay couldn't add Lucifer Hands on 1st CD??!?!!? Both discs would have 12 tracks. If they could add Crystal Ballroom and Invisible what was wrong with LH??? 😔 Even Ordinary Love would fit.

 

This song doesn't have luck - both versions (Return of Stingray Guitar and Lucifer Hands) were close to be on subscribers gifts, but.... 👿

  I agree........ They're just messing with us......They think anything goes......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, MartinTexas said:

Yeah, the idea is clear to get only songs from last 2 albums, but I couldn't understand one thing - WHY the hell thay couldn't add Lucifer Hands on 1st CD??!?!!? Both discs would have 12 tracks. If they could add Crystal Ballroom and Invisible what was wrong with LH??? 😔 Even Ordinary Love would fit.

 

This song doesn't have luck - both versions (Return of Stingray Guitar and Lucifer Hands) were close to be on subscribers gifts, but.... 👿

I could be wrong but the Crystal Ballroom was on the set list for at least one show butI am not sure Lucifer’s Hands was.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/3/2019 at 10:36 PM, adrnik said:

I could be wrong but the Crystal Ballroom was on the set list for at least one show butI am not sure Lucifer’s Hands was.

Lucifer's Hands was played 3 times: http://www.u2gigs.com/Lucifers_Hands-s891.html

Where Crystal Ballroom - 2: http://www.u2gigs.com/The_Crystal_Ballroom-s899.html

 

Both are gems in terms of release on officiall CD, but it need just a little more to be even better.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  MAYBE they're giving US LUCIFER's HANDS as a BONUS Track While We're waiting for  the CDs to arrive   !!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah, Lucifer’s Hands would make a nice bonus Download. We can hope...but I wouldn’t count on it.

i still don’t get why we didn’t eventually get all 46 songs from the U22 voting booth. For those who don’t remember, we got to vote on 22 out of 46 songs for the U22 release. The next year, Edge’s Picks gave us 15 more. Bonus Downloads those 2 years added 6 of the others. That left 3 songs MIA. I’d love to see the Fan Club throw those up as bonus Downloads for us...but I don’t see that happening sadly...

 

Missing Tracks were:

-Mothers of the Disappeared

-Party Girl

-Return of the Stingray Guitar

Can anyone at the Fan Club make this happen?

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, raymond231 said:

Yeah, Lucifer’s Hands would make a nice bonus Download. We can hope...but I wouldn’t count on it.

i still don’t get why we didn’t eventually get all 46 songs from the U22 voting booth. For those who don’t remember, we got to vote on 22 out of 46 songs for the U22 release. The next year, Edge’s Picks gave us 15 more. Bonus Downloads those 2 years added 6 of the others. That left 3 songs MIA. I’d love to see the Fan Club throw those up as bonus Downloads for us...but I don’t see that happening sadly...

 

Missing Tracks were:

-Mothers of the Disappeared

-Party Girl

-Return of the Stingray Guitar

Can anyone at the Fan Club make this happen?

  This is THE BEST COMMENT EVER  !!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 8/10/2019 at 2:00 PM, raymond231 said:

Yeah, Lucifer’s Hands would make a nice bonus Download. We can hope...but I wouldn’t count on it.

Missing Tracks were:

-Mothers of the Disappeared

-Party Girl

-Return of the Stingray Guitar 

Can anyone at the Fan Club make this happen?

Yes, that's a strange thing that THOSE 3 tracks didn't have such a luck to be released even as a bonus download....

 

But 1 thing against subscribers from U22 poll time - how they could waste such a opportunity to not vote for such gems like Return of the Stingray Guitar (unreleased track) and Mothers of the Disappeared (never released as a live version)!?!?! 😕 All was in fans hands... I know Elevation was much better! 🥴

Edited by MartinTexas
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, MartinTexas said:

Yes, that's a strange thing that THOSE 3 tracks didn't have such a luck to be released even as a bonus download....

 

But 1 thing against subscribers from U22 poll time - how they could waste such a opportunity to not vote for such gems like Return of the Stingray Guitar (unreleased track) and Mothers of the Disappeared (never released as a live version)!?!?! 😕 All was in fans hands... I know Elevation was much better! 🥴

It must be very frustrating and painful for them to decide what to put on releases and what to omit. Mothers Of The Disappeared is one of my favorite songs ever. It means more to me now than it did in 1987.  I can't tell you how many times I turn to it for solace.  I still marvel at its sound.  I'd be upset if Mothers Of The Disappeared was on this release because it wasn't a part of the narrative of these tours.  That doesn't mean anyone wanting it or Party Girl (or whatever) is wrong.  It can't be easy to walk away from the final set knowing the fans want more.

I'm not criticizing anything or anyone. I love reading these comments.  I want all the songs everyone has listed. I want a wall with an unending loop of everything these guys have ever done and I want it playing 24/7.  I'd give up all my other music just for U2.  I would be bitching, but I'd do it.  I'm very excited for more downloads.  I'm hoping we get a couple this next week or two.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I'd be upset if Mothers Of The Disappeared was on this release because it wasn't a part of the narrative of these tours.  That doesn't mean anyone wanting it or Party Girl (or whatever) is wrong. 

Never said it should be part of this set/release/cd. 

It should have been released as bonus tracks for U22/Edge’s Picks several years ago. The fact that they had 46 songs (I think they said it was every song played on that tour) ready to go and they released 43 seems odd (and it would be great if they released them as bonus downloads someday).

Its odd that Lucifer’s Hands isn’t on this CD (although it was only played 3 times on the tour and maybe the band just wasn’t satisfied with any of the three recordings). There should be plenty of room on the cd.

I think some of the other songs listed were played on the tour and are rarities. I would not want those on the cd’s but would make great bonus downloads this year.

Just seems like releasing 43/46 U22 tracks and omitting Lucifer’s Hands are unforced errors and sloppy by U2...

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/24/2019 at 10:27 AM, pain_18_ said:

 

  SAME HERE, MAN.... Same here.. I listen to it everyday and 5 to 15 live versions too...

    ..... I'm very sad about it ....

   Personally.... I would have wanted the Glasgow 2015 I+E shows..at least available for download...here on the site....Without changing the physical gift....

  I can't understand why they're not DOING it....  There would be a WHOLE lot more Subscribers if they gave us concerts to download ......

I think it is ture - we would even pay a littl eextra to be able to dowload concerts we were at - they are SO personal !!! 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

NOT MEANT TO CRITICIZE ANYONE'S COMMENTS-JUST MY OPINION:

The tracks have been announced.  They never promised any timing with this gift.  There are almost always delays with production.  It's easy to not realize what a huge undertaking it is to produce and deliver these gifts.  I'm tired of the, 'they are rich' comments.  We are free to subscribe or not subscribe.  Nobody forces us.  Many people, including myself, are very happy with this gift.  Some are not.  This happens every year. Downloads of different shows were never a part of this subscription gift.  Perhaps a different thread for future U2 wishes, or something of the sort, should be started.  I don't know.  The gift has been announced.  It is what it is.  I think we should appreciate what we are being given and put our other wishes into a different thread.

  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...