U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

I'm enjoying trying to guess what the next released downloads will be.  Will it be two, as it's previously been?  If so, which two?  Perhaps we'll get four this time?   Will it be all of the remaining ones at once?   I hope it's a couple.  I like being teased.  It's fun. 

12 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

I think it is ture - we would even pay a littl eextra to be able to dowload concerts we were at - they are SO personal !!! 

Great Comment !!!!  @Sleathy! !!!!!

10 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I'm enjoying trying to guess what the next released downloads will be.  Will it be two, as it's previously been?  If so, which two?  Perhaps we'll get four this time?   Will it be all of the remaining ones at once?   I hope it's a couple.  I like being teased.  It's fun. 

HOPE it's Lucifer's Hands, Acrobat, Until the ENd of the World and DIRTY DAY !!!!

On 8/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, Manohlive said:

NOT MEANT TO CRITICIZE ANYONE'S COMMENTS-JUST MY OPINION:

The tracks have been announced.  They never promised any timing with this gift.  There are almost always delays with production.  It's easy to not realize what a huge undertaking it is to produce and deliver these gifts.  I'm tired of the, 'they are rich' comments.

I respect your opinion but couldn't agree. How this 2 CDs are HUGE project in comparsion to houndreds or tousands of CDs releasing every year by music companies? It's not vinyls or DVDs where situation is different. I think opposite - that it's simple and standart procedure. I never heard that U2 have to push release date of their album for several months because of delays with production with CD 😐 All tracks were chosen by band - not have to way what fans will chose. Those delays just show how bad management and marketing is on u2.com or bad communication between band and site. Good working team should get exact date that we could expect gift - if it would be longer OK, but better than "Pay and in some future you'll get some gift..."

I really hope someday we get DVD as a subscribtion gift, but on the other hand production like this could take maybe 2 years or longer.... 😵

On 8/13/2019 at 8:51 PM, Manohlive said:

We are free to subscribe or not subscribe.  Nobody forces us.  Many people, including myself, are very happy with this gift.  Some are not.  This happens every year.

I couldn't imagine U2.com (as a background of one of the biggest band in the world) saying to subscribers something like "you're are free to subscribe or not subscribe". Sorry, no - they should make as much as possible that more and more fans become subscribers. This should be an example to follow by other band's sites.

I was really happy when they said that this time it would be CD not vinyl, not book, not poster. 2 CDs - even better! But if there some mistakes and they are repeated from last gifts that should be say also. 😉

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

The subscriber's gift is one facet of our membership; not the sum of all its parts.  This thread is specifically about the 2019 subscription gift-not the past nor the future.. Each of us is free to create a separate thread to address concerns about what was and/or wishes for what will be.concerning subscribers gifts and possible surprise releases in the future.

IE and EI are a marking point for U2.  Once again, they set the bar.  The 2019 subscribers gift is celebrating yet another amazing accomplishment by the greatest rock band ever These two tours helped countless people, throughout the world, get through very difficult times. In my opinion, we should be celebrating and appreciating this gift for what it is, not dumping on it for what it is not. . 

IE and EI were special.  Let's honor it and dance away the chaos we all feel.  :Bananaphisto:.  

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

Anyone got their gift yet?? Shipping should start in august... Second half of the month is starting now... Just curious.. 

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

Anyone got their gift yet?? Shipping should start in august... Second half of the month is starting now... Just curious.. 

LOL !!!!!

No.

3 hours ago, cristiu2 said:

Members usually  post when shipping begins.  It's how I've always known to start checking my account.  I remember being notified my gifts were being shipped and then there is a bit of a delay before the actual tracking number appears on my account.  That delay time varies but it's while the gift is between the U2 warehouse and UPS, or whomever is used for delivery.  

• Sad 1

On 8/13/2019 at 11:51 AM, Manohlive said:

They never promised any timing with this gift. 

That's not exactly true...

"The complete tracklisting will be published in early 2019 with shipping beginning in Spring 2019."

https://www.u2.com/news/title/innocence--experience-live-2015--2018

When we renew our memberships, the band offers incentives to do so. This one is particularly cool, but also, months late. That's a fact.

I'm not angry or anything (although a little more transparency would be nice), but let's not make it out to be our fault for expecting them to keep their word (or at the very least, explain clearly why they aren't).

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/18/2019 at 8:55 AM, ramsatw said:

let's not make it out to be our fault

Our opinions differ.  That doesn't make anyone right or wrong.  My comments were never meant to disparage anyone, or their opinions..  It's not about fault. I'm choosing to look at the bright side. It's U2.  There's always a bump or two in the road., but in the end, they deliver. I'm truly excited these are now being pressed into our gifts. They're gonna be awesome. 

New downloads everyone! Invisible and Red Flag Day. 

Invisible...man, that track was where Innocence & Experience began 5 years ago, and I still get the same chills as I did hearing it for the first time. 

Red Flag Day comes from 4 September 2018 in Cologne. IIRC, the first show after Bono lost his voice in Berlin. But here, he sounds great! Just a shame they didn't play it all that much on tour.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Invisible...man, that track was where Innocence & Experience began 5 years ago, and I still get the same chills as I did hearing it for the first time. 

Red Flag Day comes from 4 September 2018 in Cologne. IIRC, the first show after Bono lost his voice in Berlin. But here, he sounds great! Just a shame they didn't play it all that much on tour.

I was at that show for Invisible and I’m so glad it’s included. I can’t even explain what happened when they started playing it, but when Bono sings “I am not invisible, I am here” and then all the sudden you could see them in the screen, I just burst out crying. That was one of the most epic moments of that tour for me. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

7 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I missed this when I was in the Zoo earlier   Hee Haw!!!  Invisible-first night in Chicago-by myself-Was already in absolute awe of the show-When that electric line started disturbing the yellow and showing the band-no words only chills. Completely innovative.  Red Flag Day-first night in Chicago we got it.  I don't think I blinked until I started cheering when it was ended.  Time to download.   

• Like 1

Invisible sounds awesome.  I can hear Larry so clearly during the There Is No Them breakdown.   Adam too.  

• Like 2

DVDs:

1. Rattle & Hum movies Outtakes - some of the colour footage of Exit, 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, etc is amazing
  2. U23D
  3. Joshua Tree Tour
  4. The Complete Collection - next chapter

Songs:

1. North Star
  2. WomanFish
  3. She's A Mystery to Me - studio version (just U2)

Albums:

1. POP collector's boxset
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, joshthetree said:

DVDs:

1. Rattle & Hum movies Outtakes - some of the colour footage of Exit, 40, Mothers of the Disappeared, etc is amazing
  2. U23D
  3. Joshua Tree Tour
  4. The Complete Collection - next chapter

Songs:

1. North Star
  2. WomanFish
  3. She's A Mystery to Me - studio version (just U2)

Albums:

1. POP collector's boxset

I agree with everything But Add :

1/// Return of the Stingray Guitar

2/// North star - full band 360 version

3 //// Mercy - full band original 6 minute version

4/// Every breaking Wave - full band 360 version

5 /// Boy Fall From the Sky - U2 version !!!!

6//// Glastonbury - the flowering rose of

7/// Blow Your House Down - original 1990  - 7 minutes U2 Achtung Session.......

Edited by pain_18_
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, ErinCaDa said:

When can we expect the gift? :) Thanks! I’m so excited! 

When indeed? When indeed? 

• Like 1

Shipping should've been started. It's september by now.😀 Who's got an email that the gift is shipped?

59 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Shipping should've been started. It's september by now.😀 Who's got an email that the gift is shipped?

Not started shipping yet, but shouldn't be too long now I expect... soon as we hear its going out, we will do a feature on it

• Thanks 1

On 9/2/2019 at 5:36 PM, bigwave said:

Not started shipping yet, but shouldn't be too long now I expect... soon as we hear its going out, we will do a feature on it

How looooog, how looooong must we sing this song, I mean wait for those songs, how looooong?

Edited by bacadorina
  • Like 1

On 8/29/2019 at 7:46 AM, Manohlive said:

Invisible sounds awesome. [...]  

I agree. :)
One of the best songs live of the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Tour, IMHO. I've heard it in Turin 4 (four already? °_° ) years ago...

Edited by seresere
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, seresere said:

I agree. :)
One of the best songs live of the iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE, IMHO. I've heard it in Turin 4 (four already? °_° ) years ago...

Makes me teary eyed.  Seeing it live on IE is something that I'll never forget.  My jaw was open in awe.