Jump to content
U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Recommended Posts

On 9/4/2019 at 5:21 PM, seahawks1 said:

If we get during the Holidays I'd be happy. :)

Which holidays? Christmas?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

Which holidays? Christmas?

 

13 hours ago, Sleathy! said:

Which holidays? Christmas?

Better still: Easter 2020!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any news on shipping yet? It’s nearly time for me to subscribe again! 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

     The time to   Renew Again  has Almost come.....I'm still hoping for some rarities,  *POP* - stuff or demos......

Edited by pain_18_

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Absolutely ridiculous the length of time it's taken to release these 23 tracks? Springsteen can release dozens of live concert recordings in the time it's taken this release to come out. I'm sorry but your starting to take the goodness out of it. Just bloody release it and move on. It's almost mid September, and as someone rightly said, U2.COM will be soon looking for people to resubcribe soon. Shambolic. Rant over!

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, johnnyboy1 said:

Absolutely ridiculous the length of time it's taken to release these 23 tracks? Springsteen can release dozens of live concert recordings in the time it's taken this release to come out. I'm sorry but your starting to take the goodness out of it. Just bloody release it and move on. It's almost mid September, and as someone rightly said, U2.COM will be soon looking for people to resubcribe soon. Shambolic. Rant over!

Well said...I resubscribed on the 20th of November when this gift was announced. I half joked that i’d be happy to get it by Christmas 2019...Now i’m wondering if we’ll have it by then. It’s farcical at this stage , and as you say the interminable wait has taken the goodness out of it......it’s generally hardcore fans who subscribe to sites like these and such fans are not the type to ‘forget’ about a gift like this until it lands on the doorstep....1st world problems,I know..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, promenade95 said:

hardcore fans who subscribe to sites like these and such fans are not the type to ‘forget’ about a gift like this until it lands on the doorstep

I've subscribed since the fan club began-by mail-long before the internet even existed..  I am not diminishing anyone's viewpoint or opinion when I say I've forgotten about this except for wondering what the next downloads will be.  For me, it's a nice surprise when these gifts are sent. I don't fret about when because they always get delivered.  This hardcore fan knows these cds will arrive and even if they did not-I would still resubscribe but that's just me.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Manohlive said:

I've subscribed since the fan club began-by mail-long before the internet even existed..  I am not diminishing anyone's viewpoint or opinion when I say I've forgotten about this except for wondering what the next downloads will be.  For me, it's a nice surprise when these gifts are sent. I don't fret about when because they always get delivered.  This hardcore fan knows these cds will arrive and even if they did not-I would still resubscribe but that's just me.

 

Well it’s all about opinions. I think we all want new material, weather it be live or studio. It’s more than a bit annoying to be told via emails that we’re getting these downloads 6months ago? All I’m saying is, other artists seem to just be able to release live material like this without dragging it out and dragging it out. They have it ready, they’ve choose the songs, now just release it. 

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, johnnyboy1 said:

Well it’s all about opinions. I think we all want new material, weather it be live or studio. It’s more than a bit annoying to be told via emails that we’re getting these downloads 6months ago? All I’m saying is, other artists seem to just be able to release live material like this without dragging it out and dragging it out. They have it ready, they’ve choose the songs, now just release it. 

Complete agree on this. After several 'delays' the item was said to be shipped in August. And guess what? No shipping. It's almost a year since it has been announced! I know it'll arrive one day for sure and I love this gift  but teasing and teasing us is not so great.

Another point of disappointment for me is the lack of official NEW u2 releases. It looks like every band is releasing deluxe versions and other material regularly (Stones, REM, etc etc) U2 stays with old releases in a different colour. It has become very lazy business for u2. Money is more important now than their fans imo. Last great deluxerelease was the deluxe set of AB several years ago. After that they stopped with deluxe versions. 

Where are the dvd's/blu rays for JT, E&I for example???

As a fan I'm

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its the total lack of updates that kind of pisses me off. Poor business model frankly. Probably last time I sign up to get a "gift" other than getting a spot in the virtual line for tickets. Just at least come out and say there has been a major issue in distribution or software glitches in the remastering the concert sound onto CD. Something. As a long time fan (since 1982) be dig deal I know, it does seem like they're just kind of phoning it in theses past few years. They've earned it sure, but...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BraddB said:

ts the total lack of updates that kind of pisses me off.

I can understand this and somewhat relate to it. I'm not trying to say anyone is wrong with how he or she feels.  I'm trying to keep some positives in a great thing - even if it is not happening as we might wish.  Please don't think I'm criticizing you.  All I'm doing is expressing my opinion.  I honestly don't care when they arrive.  That does not mean you are wrong because you do.  For me, the greatest part of this website is that we can all express what we wish and the moderators make sure we are cool in how we do it.  

There's another tropical storm by the Bahamas.  I'm skipping America's political debates this evening because I don't want to deal with the spin.  People are getting shot and killed.  Vaping death.  Any of us could keep going or add their own country's individual challenges.   IE/EI was huge in getting me through all the chaos our world is facing. I need this to stay positive so I'm writing what I feel..  I don't know what else to do.  I'm not going after anyone.  I'm holding onto what is mine and nothing more. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two new downloads available (California and 13) and dispatch information here: 

https://www.u2.com/news/title/two-more-downloads---and-delivery-update

'California (There is No End To Love)' and '13 (There Is A Light)' are the latest two downloads for subscribers from 'U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE'.

The big news is - and thank you everyone for your patience - dispatch of the physical double-CD set begins next month. (It looks beautiful!)

  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally some news. However why not make all the tracks available for download while we await the physical release? As a matter of fact they should all have been available months ago.

Edited by CorkVegan
Spelling.
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m not listening to the downloads, like Gollum I’m awaiting something precious shiny and silver with a hole in the middle!😀

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a genuine shame California didn't get played regularly on IE. It's one of the most upbeat tracks on Songs of Innocence and slotted in well in the second half when it did get played. 

13...even now, almost 2 years after its release...still makes my eyes water. 

Also, yeah, nice to finally get an update on delivery!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, mich40 said:

Two new downloads available (California and 13) and dispatch information here: 

https://www.u2.com/news/title/two-more-downloads---and-delivery-update

'California (There is No End To Love)' and '13 (There Is A Light)' are the latest two downloads for subscribers from 'U2 Live Songs of iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE'.

The big news is - and thank you everyone for your patience - dispatch of the physical double-CD set begins next month. (It looks beautiful!)

Lets be honest you pretty much have to be patient if you subscribe to U2.com.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is one of the best gifts for subscribers in a long time. I am glad we are not getting the vinyl releases anymore.
That said, U2 could be better providing members downloads more often. It's not a huge deal to provide more live shows from the '80s to the latest tours. I am sure the catalog they have on vaults is enormous. Just get it out and give the hardcore fans something to cheer about.
While I am looking forward to seeing the entire print package, I think through the membership year U2 could very well gift away these concerts consistently. 

  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Soooooo excited to open my email just now saying the subscribers gift is coming soon!!! It's my son's Birthday today but I feel like I just opened the best present!! Miss the boys playing rock & roll. At dinner" Love is Bigger" was playing in the restaurant & I grabbed my son's hand and just felt all the love. It will be worth the wait 

Edited by Grace12
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/13/2019 at 4:47 AM, doctornickriviera said:

I’m not listening to the downloads, like Gollum I’m awaiting something precious shiny and silver with a hole in the middle!😀

You're not alone - I'm doing the same thing. 😎

Why get used to some of the songs in mp3-quality when you're going to get them all in WAV-quality eventually (rumor has it...). 🙄😆(Let me clarify - I'm not knocking those who are happy with the downloads; I'm happy that you're happy. I'm just explaining why I'm abstaining.)

AND, there is this completely valid point:

On 9/13/2019 at 1:15 AM, CorkVegan said:

Finally some news. However why not make all the tracks available for download while we await the physical release? As a matter of fact they should all have been available months ago.

Agreed.

If you consult earlier in this thread (my goodness, it has lasted a while), I was a preacher of patience. However, even by U2.com standards, this wait has been epic (meant not in the modern sense of "awesome", but in the original sense of "(interminably and frustratingly) long").

In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing this before Halloween. 🎃

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn't renew after Mr.Mullen told the pissed off fans to "F-off" after a big ticket mix up a few tours back. I was an original "propaganda" member and didn't think I should be punished cause idiots were joining just to score tickets for re-sale! Oh well, Life goes on.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...