U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

On 10/12/2019 at 12:57 PM, ingenpat said:

Thanks, I found it. 

I ordered the double cd and i+e live. The shipping info in this topic is about that gift?

If you did not know, until now, that you did ordered the double cd, are you aware that you can download 14 of the tracks now?   The download link is under our main account info-not the store.  FYI   Pardon me if you already have them. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Manohlive said:

If you did not know, until now, that you did ordered the double cd, are you aware that you can download 14 of the tracks now?   The download link is under our main account info-not the store.  FYI   Pardon me if you already have them. 

Thanks for the advice!! Will check it out right away!

Did anybody get an email notification about shipping yet?????

Edited by cristiu2
  • Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Did anybody get an email notification about shipping yet?????

NOTt me !

Has anyone issues in general getting the subscribers gift? We have issues in Germany because it's being kept by the customs (because it's declared as a "gift", and gifts are only allowed between private individuals, and not from a company).

I wonder whethere the same problems are in other countries than in Germany?

Edited by Chrissiemuc
  • Like 1

We addressed the many troubles Europeans, and in particular Germans, have to go through to get the subscriber's gifts in detail in the following thread (and showed how to easily solve this issue through correct labelling):

Unfortunaly, someone decided to archive it, though nothing has been solved yet and it seems that the packages will AGAIN be sent from the US (and from experience, I'd say that the will AGAIN be labelled incorrectly and cost us fans in Germany a lot of effort, time and money to retrieve from the customs offices)
John (@bigwave) - you said that our issues were going to be sent to LN in February. Has any response surfaced since then? Looking forward to your response (this is Sabine from Hamburg ;) )

Edited by schisa01

If and whatever changes will be done on this I really hope that all subscribers in Germany will receive their gift straight to their address and no longer need to collect it at the customs.

I live in Germany too and luckily never had to go to the customs - I knock on wood that this will remain for future U2 gifts.

• Like 1

On 10/18/2019 at 2:51 PM, schisa01 said:

We addressed the many troubles Europeans, and in particular Germans, have to go through to get the subscriber's gifts in detail in the following thread (and showed how to easily solve this issue through correct labelling):

Unfortunaly, someone decided to archive it, though nothing has been solved yet and it seems that the packages will AGAIN be sent from the US (and from experience, I'd say that the will AGAIN be labelled incorrectly and cost us fans in Germany a lot of effort, time and money to retrieve from the customs offices)
John (@bigwave) - you said that our issues were going to be sent to LN in February. Has any response surfaced since then? Looking forward to your response (this is Sabine from Hamburg ;) )

Hi Sabine,

I actually wrote to the LN support via the contact formular because I am a bit upset about the fact they still didn't ship the subscriber's gifts yet.

I won't get it because I leave for the JTT in the 2nd week of November, and I know from the past that it takes minimum 3 weeks after they've sent the e-mail. Even if they send it out next week, it's too late for me to pick it up from the customs if the item gets stuck there. 

Their answer is annoying:

"Thank you for contacting Fan Club Support. 
Unfortunately, we do not ship from the UK. Gifts are shipped to all parts of the world with no issue, you should not have any issues receiving the gift once it has been shipped. You will receive an e-mail letting you know when the gift is on its way. We hope this information has been helpful. 
If you need anything else, just reply to this email."

After I got this mail, I wrote a very detailled description of the way it is going when the item is being hold back from the customs. Almost with the same words of your reply of Jan 13 in the other thread. And you won't believe what their reply was:

"Thank you for connecting with us.  I believe this email was sent to us in error. "

As you can imagine, this is upsetting

Currently I think that the band should think about the way how to deal with the fans in e-mails and also generally at U2.com.  regardless of whether some fans have no problems with their gifts.  It's simply about the fair dealing with the fans should not forget.  I also had bad experience with the u2 support.  as long as we always pay everything is ok.  but if we want something we have to wait.  For u2 nowadays only money counts.  very disappointing

• Like 1

22 hours ago, manu81 said:

Currently I think that the band should think about the way how to deal with the fans in e-mails and also generally at U2.com.  regardless of whether some fans have no problems with their gifts.  It's simply about the fair dealing with the fans should not forget.  I also had bad experience with the u2 support.  as long as we always pay everything is ok.  but if we want something we have to wait.  For u2 nowadays only money counts.  very disappointing

I think you're completely right.  Ripping fans of with coloured vinyls is showing them lazy moneygrabbers.  They could do a lot better. 

• Like 2

On 10/18/2019 at 1:51 PM, schisa01 said:

Unfortunaly, someone decided to archive it...

unarchiving in process

• Thanks 1

On 10/21/2019 at 8:08 PM, cristiu2 said:

I think you're completely right.  Ripping fans of with coloured vinyls is showing them lazy moneygrabbers.  They could do a lot better. 

YEAS..... Where's the *POP* SuperDeLuxe Edition ????

• Like 1

I've been outspoken about all of this.  I'm okay with this process.  I understand why others are not. We have a new tour in a part of the world that has huge language barriers.  The logistics must be incomprehensibly staggering.  The presales seemed to go quite well, even with said language barriers and completely different ticketing systems. The mods helped everyone, who needed assistance, maximize our chances of getting tickets. There are a lot of very happy posts in the presale threads. Long after last year's gift thread was hot.and most of us had our gift-the mods were still helping those of us who had not received them. They followed up, after the fact, to make certain everyone got them-regardless of how we felt about the vinyls.  Not one Zootopian was excluded.  I'm not cricizing any comments about being upset with this year's gift, or its timing.  I have bitched, pissed and moaned about a number of things, on this website, in the past. The right to do so is part of our subscription. We don't even have to pay, yet are still afforded the ability to express or opinions in the free forums. U2 makes certain that none of us is disrepected on this website, whether we subscribe or not.  I find all of it to be exceptional  It makes me appreciatie and realize how much I love this band.  I don't know what I'd do without them.   
I do wish they'd get this giift's shipping started.  It would be a bit U2 if the bugs were finally flushed and things got going right as The Joshua Tree Tour 2019 begins.   😉

• Like 1

I did too. 😎

So, now all complaining can now officially shift to how long it takes to arrive (and whether anyone has to pay customs duty - that really ought to have been fixed by now).

Should I hope to have it by American Thanksgiving or is that hope too optimistic?

45 minutes ago, dmway said:

Should I hope to have it by American Thanksgiving or is that hope too optimistic?

Depends. Which Thanksgiving do you have in mind 2019 or 2020?

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, CorkVegan said:

Depends. Which Thanksgiving do you have in mind 2019 or 2020?

Good point.

You are more optimistic than the good Doctor from a couple of pages ago:

On 9/15/2019 at 12:36 AM, dmway said:

In any case, I'm looking forward to hearing this before Halloween. 🎃

On 9/15/2019 at 4:12 PM, doctornickriviera said:

• Haha 1

hi

i see Nothing on U2 Shop about my order of 2019 gift , you got Something in U2 shop ?

Does anyone in U2 or management actually look at these posts? I DON’T THINK SO !! The last couple of gifts have been held up by technical issues, I simply don’t believe it for a second it’s just poor communication skills and poor organizing! If you read the very first email about this gift it’s just ridiculous HOW LONG TO WAIT FOR THESE SONGS. I’ve said it before but other artists are producing live material on a monthly basis....I don’t expect them to read this but we can only wish 😡 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, yqurmh said:

hi

i see Nothing on U2 Shop about my order of 2019 gift , you got Something in U2 shop ?

No - nothing in mine either.

Even when I follow the link included in the shipping email, it just bounces back to the main U2.com front-page.

Anyone else having any luck finding confirmation of the shipment (or even the existence) of the order on the website?

The link issue has been reported.