U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

On 11/1/2019 at 7:15 PM, houwangmagic said:

When I put my billing address postal code in to check the status it says "Wrong store."

Yeah, so it's now Sunday morning here. 7 days since my "it shipped" email.

The good news is the tracking option has been added to my profile page.

The bad news is when I enter my zip code, I get a "wrong store" message.

I've seen monkey shit fights more organized than this!

MEYmv9e.gif

😉

On 11/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, BVB65 said:

Are the emails being received randomly? I live in the USA and have yet to receive an email from U2.com regarding the subscription gift.

I'm also still waiting and I'm in The Netherlands...

5 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

I still haven't received an "It shipped" email. Should I be worried?

Same here. I feel like that time when my luggage was the last to enter the luggage belt 🙄

@Max Tsukino, would it be possible to post a message when the final emails have been sent out (if you know), just so we know whether to worry/ take action or not?

Thanks!

Edited by clemmie_mandarin

56 minutes ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

Same here. I feel like that time when my luggage was the last to enter the luggage belt 🙄

@Max Tsukino, would it be possible to post a message when the final emails have been sent out (if you know), just so we know whether to worry/ take action or not?

Thanks!

I'm afraid that's information we don't have...
Can't make any promise it will happen, but* If * we are informed about that, we will post it here...

Mine was shipped on Wednesday but doesn't seem to have gone anywhere since then, according to the tracking page! This may take a while...

For those who received their gift, are the tracks spliced together like one long concert (like in U22 or Edges Picks), or does each track fade in and out like the downloads.

Thanks!

3 hours ago, raymond231 said:

For those who received their gift, are the tracks spliced together like one long concert (like in U22 or Edges Picks), or does each track fade in and out like the downloads.

Thanks!

The tracks fade in and out with the crowd noise. 

This is a great gift. The set list for both Cd's is amazing. It follows how the songs were performed during each tour, with the exception of The Little Things That Give You Away. But this song is still toward the end which mirrors how it was performed during JTT 2017. Plus, the accompanying booklet of images from each tour is a nice touch too.

Well done guys. You topped the U22 gift.

20191103_195648.jpg

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

I'm afraid that's information we don't have...
Can't make any promise it will happen, but* If * we are informed about that, we will post it here...

No worries and thanks! I'm sure it will all be fine in the end!

On 11/2/2019 at 8:56 PM, CorkVegan said:

Confirmation email came Tuesday and the CDs arrived Saturday via USPS. The package is a cardboard envelope approx 10" x 12".

The discs themselves are housed in a photo book approx 7" x 7".

Nicely put together and the photos in the INNOCENCE section in particular jogged some memories from 2015.

Breaking news: @dmway now demands his music in lossy format! U2.com team throw their hands up in frustration. 😜

On 11/3/2019 at 3:14 AM, Manohlive said:

Lol @ Breaking News.  I was wondering where dmway was.concerming downloads. 

😄

When I made the big deal about lossless downloads in the past, it was when they were offering gifts only on vinyl and then lobbing an mp3 of the recording at those who don't want vinyl as an afterthought, as if it were some kind of "equivalent". Of course, anyone who knows even the rudiments of digital formats knows that mp3s are not an equivalent of vinyl - WAV files are pretty much equivalent, and of course lossless ones are superior to both.

Since this year's gift is on CD, no commenting on lossless files is really necessary. Of course, they would be nice to have, but the powers-that-be, both in U2-Land and elsewhere, seem reluctant to give away lossless files - it's a bit of a mystery: the songs are originally recorded losslessly, why not distribute them that way? (Answer: money, i.e., they would want more for them.) My requesting the mp3s for the remainder of the songs (since only 9 from the set are still unreleased in that format) was simply to appease those who are (for whatever reason) unable/unwilling to convert WAV files to mp3s themselves. That's it.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

I'm also still waiting and I'm in The Netherlands...

For me it is the same. Still haven't received anything: no package and no email.

Patience is a virtue .....

I completely agree with you regarding lossless files @dmway.

When you buy music from Bandcamp you can download the files in any digital format you wish. These days this should be industry standard for all music providers. If Bandcamp can do it I'm certain that Live Nation can.

• Brilliant 1

Is there anybody here from Europe, whose gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

Edited by perymason

4 minutes ago, perymason said:

Is there anybody here from Europe, which gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

Where do you check your status?

I still haven't found (what I was looking for) ...

I have received the mail by u2.com but the gift not yet.My gift was skipped on 31st Oct.I am from Italy.

Edited by mariated
I had to add some info

34 minutes ago, nocalimero said:

Where do you check your status?

I checked it using link to UPS.com site, with my tracking number. I've got this link and my tracking number from mail which I received from U2.com.

58 minutes ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

There should be a link on your profile page.

image.png

There's a link alright.

It just doesn't work.

☹️

45 minutes ago, ramsatw said:

There's a link alright.

It just doesn't work.

☹️

1 hour ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

There should be a link on your profile page.

image.png

Well, my Profile Page has a download link but no Gift Status anywhere.

Was is visable all the time for you? Or only since the CD was shipped?

4 hours ago, perymason said:

Is there anybody here from Europe, whose gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

That's all I've got, too.

2 hours ago, nocalimero said:

Well, my Profile Page has a download link but no Gift Status anywhere.

Was is visable all the time for you? Or only since the CD was shipped?

It popped up this weekend, I guess. I got the mail on Thursday 31. October.

On 10/29/2019 at 5:38 PM, mich40 said:

You will receive a Subscription Fulfillment Order e-mail letting you know that your gift is on the way. The address that it is shipping to will be included in the email. Also a link to the help page if you have any questions/concerns. 

Be sure to keep the email handy, as it also includes your order number. 

So I just received the shipping confirmation and they did send it to my old address.

I replied to the e-mail. Is there anything else I can do to make sure It gets send to the right address?