U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

15 minutes ago, OptimaX said:

So I just received the shipping confirmation and they did send it to my old address.

I replied to the e-mail. Is there anything else I can do to make sure It gets send to the right address?

From the FAQ on the HELP page (https://www.u2.com/help):

Q - Has your postal address changed since you subscribed or renewed your subscription to U2.com?
A - If you have moved address since you subscribed or resubscribed to U2.com and you want your annual gift to be sent to your new address, please submit a Change of Address via our help form from the drop down topic 'Change of Adress ' Subscriber Gift' above.

This would be the form to check on the HELP page...

Imagen 001.png

Please add all the relevant information.

• Thanks 1

My tracking says the gift will arrive tomorrow.   

The package starts out in Virginia. (USA)  It then goes to North Carolina.  It'll probably take a couple days to get from the warehouse to Virginia.  It will take however many days it takes to go from Virginia to North Carolina.  Each step it has to be processed.  Packages can arrive at one facility, early in the morning, and not go out until later the next day.  I've recived other packages this way. I'm fairly certain that the vinyls were delivered using UPS MI. One package I get can take days longer than the previoius one I got from the same merchant.  I never know why.  I live in America.  If the gifts are being sent to Europe from my country, it's going to take longer to clear our customs before they can leave.  I get packages from Italy.  They have cleared American customs in as little as a day.  It can also take a week or more.. I never know.  UPS tracking usually updates itself overnight, in my country., somehwere between midnight and six am.  All of this is just FYI for anyone who is not already aware.  I look forward to when we all have this year's gift.   🙌.

Edited by Manohlive

My CD #1 is not working. #2 working fine. Anyone else have this issue? I think we have one more gift coming to the house so I'll check that one before asking for a another CD. Grrr just release all the downloads!

AND LARRY'S DRUMS ARE BAD FUCKING ASSSSSSSSS

Edited by Nawlins
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I like Every Breaking Wave, but did they perform it as a full band on the Innocence tour? If they did

is there an official live version anywhere?

On 11/2/2019 at 3:49 PM, dmway said:

I still very proudly play CDs and am very happy they are in this format.

Also, ripping WAV files and/or mp3s from CDs is among the very simplest digital activities one can engage in, either in iTunes (now part of Apple Music) or with another player. (Even my 75-year old Dad can do it without difficulty.)

However, I do agree that the website ought to provide the mp3s of all the songs on our account page since the physical format now exists.

I hope you get what you/we want soon.

To be fair many people are probably in a similar boat as me. Back when we used to regularly get CD gifts ripping was no problem, but I have long since disposed of any optical drives as they're basically obsolete. 

Fortunately my cars both still have built in CD players so I am able to enjoy my gifts.😊

I'v got the Email too...I clicked on the UPS tracking)link for that tracking number and the Curent Status reads : " When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated. " althought the Email says "This email confirms the following items from your order 46102748 have shipped via Mail Innovations International Standard: ".......Hmmmmm

LATER EDIT..... I'm very worried now..... I singned up to get an Email With Tracking Updates from UPS and I got one and it says the Shipping Info they received for my package is SEND TO :

ANONYMOUS and my address is scrambled below that with question marks and all kind of signs.....This has never happened before in my U2 gift experience...I might not get this one....How do I send them my address ??? Don't they have it from my Account Page..... Because it also says Shipment information received by UPS Mail Innovations   What's happening ????

PS:   I'm from Europe....

Edited by pain_18_

11 hours ago, perymason said:

Is there anybody here from Europe, whose gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

I 'm from Europe and I have the same status !  Tho the Email says it has shipped , when I checked the tracing link it read the message you just posted....I'm  confused !

Just received the U2 Live Songs of Innocence and Experience gift.  Disc 2, Songs of Experience, works as expected, but Disc 1, Songs of Innocence, can not be read and ejects itself from the disc reader. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with Disc 1? Thanks.

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, Nawlins said:

My CD #1 is not working. #2 working fine. Anyone else have this issue? I think we have one more gift coming to the house so I'll check that one before asking for a another CD. Grrr just release all the downloads!

AND LARRY'S DRUMS ARE BAD FUCKING ASSSSSSSSS

2 hours ago, raymar said:

Just received the U2 Live Songs of Innocence and Experience gift.  Disc 2, Songs of Experience, works as expected, but Disc 1, Songs of Innocence, can not be read and ejects itself from the disc reader. Is anyone else experiencing this issue with Disc 1? Thanks.

Please use the “Contact Us” form on https://www.u2.com/help to report your problem. 

18 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

I completely agree with you regarding lossless files @dmway.

When you buy music from Bandcamp you can download the files in any digital format you wish. These days this should be industry standard for all music providers. If Bandcamp can do it I'm certain that Live Nation can.

Completely agreed - I hope it happens someday soon.

In addition, since many people are in the habit of listening to music on their phones now, all phones from the iPhone 7 onward (and most of the Android equivalents from the same time period, i.e., from Sept. 2016 to now) can play multiple formats of lossless audio (FLAC, etc.). This improvement has flown under the radar a bit.

• Like 1

Where are the grooves for my record player needle to go down onto??

On a serious note, I can’t handle hearing the songs out of the live order. Need the video release to be put out for the full experience. Maybe we’ll see it by this time next year?

On 11/4/2019 at 2:33 AM, dmway said:

That's it

I was teasin' with my comment.  I've missed reading yours in these threads.  Pardon me if it came off otherwise.

Got the email saying it's shipped, but the UPS tracking number doesn't work on the website, and it's being delivered to my previous address even though I emailed the help page asking for it to be updated.

19 hours ago, raymar said:

Same problem here! 

I received mine yesterday and haven't had an opportunity to listen to the CDs. Is the quality better than the download quality?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Got the email saying it's shipped, but the UPS tracking number doesn't work on the website, and it's being delivered to my previous address even though I emailed the help page asking for it to be updated.

Got an email back within a few hours saying that it should be shipped to my new address. Just need to wait for the UPS tracking number to start working...

Received my CDs today. Both discs play fine for me but I play them via my DVD player with audio via my TVs soundbar. I don’t have a CD drive on my Mac so I can’t speak to if they play on a laptop etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, glastra81 said:

I received mine yesterday and haven't had an opportunity to listen to the CDs. Is the quality better than the download quality?

Much better.

I just got mine today.  It's very nice.  Other comments to follow in the other thread.   Very, very nice!

On ‎11‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 12:34 PM, perymason said:

Is there anybody here from Europe, whose gift is already shipped? Mine is still with status "Order Processed: Ready for UPS. Estimated Delivery: When the shipment arrives at our facility the delivery date will be updated."

Mine has said that for almost a week now. Have any copies found their way to the UK yet?

28 minutes ago, richardh said:

Mine has said that for almost a week now. Have any copies found their way to the UK yet?

Same status here for almost a week now. Ship to Denmark.

8 minutes ago, sandmanu2 said:

Same status here for almost a week now. Ship to Denmark.

Same here from 1st November.

same Here, ready for UPS since oct 31st.

I’m French and ready for good music since 1985 😅

In the US here. Got my email on the 28th Oct.

Status on my profile page reads: "Gift orders are still processing. Orders and order status are continually updating."

Clicking the order number takes me to a page that only displays "Wrong Store" when I enter my billing zip code.

Still awaiting the actual product...