Jump to content
U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, raymond231 said:

Just wait. Memberships were extended until the end of January. U2 hinted that members will be able to get a copy of the full IE Berlin Concert and that more info is coming in January. It’s pretty obvious that this is the next gift and memberships were pushed back to allow members to renew once the formal announcement is made...

That’s encouraging. That would be cool. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, raymond231 said:

Just wait. Memberships were extended until the end of January. U2 hinted that members will be able to get a copy of the full IE Berlin Concert and that more info is coming in January. It’s pretty obvious that this is the next gift and memberships were pushed back to allow members to renew once the formal announcement is made...

It is not obvious that the concert is the next gift. Making assumptions like that can lead to disappointment. Please wait for the official announcement to come. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m Still getting Emails telling me I should renew my U2.com subscription so that I can get a duplicate of the last ‘gift’ they gave with the 2019 subscription.  Are they trying to lose older fans??!  They should Finally make an announcement already that 2020 Renewals will get a new, different gift.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/28/2019 at 8:22 AM, ehmax said:

My subscription renews on Jan 31, 2020 and I’m praying for some new vinyl gift announcement before that. 

No more vinyl!!  Let’s do as little as possible to help the fossil fuels industries!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

No more vinyl!!  Let’s do as little as possible to help the fossil fuels industries!! 

Oh please. 🤣😂 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Arrived on 24th December....A gorgeous Christmas gift....♥️♥️♥️♥️

Edited by mariated
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, mich40 said:

It is not obvious that the concert is the next gift. Making assumptions like that can lead to disappointment. Please wait for the official announcement to come. 

The Berlin concert is being released commercially in due course by Eagle Rock - this is not something that will be a U2.com members exclusive gift. From what I've seen elsewhere online it will be like the previous tour DVD/BluRay releases as something that we will all have to buy. Leaving this year's gift as.....something else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, richardh said:

The Berlin concert is being released commercially in due course by Eagle Rock - this is not something that will be a U2.com members exclusive gift. From what I've seen elsewhere online it will be like the previous tour DVD/BluRay releases as something that we will all have to buy. Leaving this year's gift as.....something else.

Still, the only reason that makes any sense in extending memberships by one month is to allow extra time to announce this years gift. Otherwise, U2 is simply prolonging the collective freak out of fan club members.

if they announce something good, I’ll renew. Otherwise, I won’t. I tend to be 50/50 depending on the gift. I just won’t renew if no announcement is made by my expiration date...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone in Canada receive it yet? I am still waiting and have had no reply to my email requests for updates.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

23 hours ago, mich40 said:

It is not obvious that the concert is the next gift. Making assumptions like that can lead to disappointment. Please wait for the official announcement to come. 

I expect that the 2020 gift will be pretty good.  the general rule is that in years they are not touring their are good gifts.  In years that they are touring, the gifts are less terrific because people will join/re-up anyway to get presale access.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Still waiting for my gift, shipped on 10/31..I asked for a replacement but for now no news, bad news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 3:27 PM, hillpy2 said:

I’m Still getting Emails telling me I should renew my U2.com subscription so that I can get a duplicate of the last ‘gift’ they gave with the 2019 subscription.  Are they trying to lose older fans??!  They should Finally make an announcement already that 2020 Renewals will get a new, different gift.

I would renew But they ONLY give you three choices of Previous gifts for different amounts of money.  This is getting more & more confusing!! If I just want the New 2020 gift, then how much money do they want??! Just name ONE price!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, albyu2 said:

Still waiting for my gift, shipped on 10/31..I asked for a replacement but for now no news, bad news.

Me too. I'm guessing it will never arrive now. Where are you based?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Italy,never had a problem with the previous gifts, but I would so much prefer a reliable, traceable and rapid shipping option..

  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just renewed on 1/2/20 and could only choose from either 2018 or 2019 gifts which I’ve already received.  U2.com customer service told me I can “exchange” the gift when 2020 gift is announced.  Then the rep conceded that the 2019 gift (I&E Live) is backordered at this time and not likely to be back in before the 2020 gift is announced.  So i would actually just be changing my order rather than exchanging it.  Confused?  Hey Live Nation, just let the U2 fans choose a “TBA 2020 gift” when fans renew.  Problem solved.  

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, a_red_guitar said:

Just renewed on 1/2/20 and could only choose from either 2018 or 2019 gifts which I’ve already received.  U2.com customer service told me I can “exchange” the gift when 2020 gift is announced.  Then the rep conceded that the 2019 gift (I&E Live) is backordered at this time and not likely to be back in before the 2020 gift is announced.  So i would actually just be changing my order rather than exchanging it.  Confused?  Hey Live Nation, just let the U2 fans choose a “TBA 2020 gift” when fans renew.  Problem solved.  

I don't know why it's every year a problem to announce and deliver things in time. I might hope there's not only one person who's responsible for the gifts at livenation. But I don't know how many work it is to get things right...

What I do know is that all problems get solved in my experience with them.

An announcement before the end of january would be fair, because a lot of fans have to renew by then.

Some help for possible gifts:  Finally the tracks for Songs of Ascent,  The u2-3d movie, a cd with all the RSD-songs and single versions that didn't appear on albums, LoveTown audio or better blu ray, BUT NO bloody  REMIXES.

Sounds simple,  isn't it???

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The yellow bar on the top on the main site (renewal thing) is back for me. Sadly, after two months, I still haven't received the gift yet. I've just contact the help explaining my situation, I hope to get some news soon...

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Maybe somebody at the US post office stole a big amount of copies among those that reached the end of tracking.

The ones going out of the USA...

Edited by icanstayawhile

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I didn’t receive anything. More than 8 weeks past, asked for a new copy. Subscription ends on January 30th...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Chiampa said:

I didn’t receive anything. More than 8 weeks past, asked for a new copy. Subscription ends on January 30th...

Mine situation is even worse: I didn’t received Any mail notification about shipping, so I’ve contacted U2.com costumer support.

Guess what - they forget I resubscribed back in November 2018 thus they didn’t send my CD. After providing all details about my subscription, they promised to sort things out. 

Now it’s January 2020 and I still haven’t received the CD I paid for in November 2018. That is what I call consideration and care for costumers/fans!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/4/2020 at 4:08 AM, icanstayawhile said:

Maybe somebody at the US post office stole a big amount of copies among those that reached the end of tracking.

The ones going out of the USA...

That is very, Very doubtful!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

so my gift was here  - my son had to pick his up today at the German custom office and pay another EURO8.  It was interesting that EVERYONE in the custom office new about it, as this is an annual thing (by the way, I did not manage to pick up mine last year, as I was out of the country and didn't get there in time - wasn't much bothered although now I have a vinyl player I would be more interested....). Oddly, this was shipped from Switzerland but lacking the real tax declaration.  A simple "Gift" declaration would have resolved this.  Not all packages get picked out.  It would be really good to get this right next time.  It was routine for the customs ("Ah the U2 gift") and is an inconvenience as well as an embarrassment for the Fanclub, I think.  

 

Love the gift though....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@ twoshots:Do you have the gift from 2018 already? becaus i have a spare one 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess they are just going to wait until January 28th to put up a tab that since

2020 Membership Gift to be announced shortly.  

How damn hard is it to take my money.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/1/2020 at 3:34 PM, hillpy2 said:

No more vinyl!!  Let’s do as little as possible to help the fossil fuels industries!! 

My vinyl gets more play than CDs these days... While I enjoy the digital download, tangible items are preferred.

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...