Jump to content
U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

Recommended Posts

Yesterday the gift for the new subscription arrived! It was amazing...only 15 days from the arrival of the last year gift! This year , I think   will be of great surprises 🤣👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I an totally disgusted with this fan club!!!!

The situation with the subscriptions is a total joke!!!

I will never subscribe again.......i’ll just pay slightly more & buy my copy of whatever gift is on offer in future via eBay from one of the many subscribers & fake fans who are offering copies for sale.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On the German Zoll issue - just to be constructive! I inspected that label.  The subscriber "gift" was labelled as "merchandise" with a value of 0.  Now, If I look at this from a very limited perspective, I would say "merchandise" as per definition cannot have a value of "Zero".  So perhaps next year, owe could have this either labelled as a Gift with a value of, say USD10 - which would make it less problematic.  Or merchandise with a value below 10 - but it must have a value (I am not an expert on this though, surely there are better informed people here).  But I understand that reasoning that ANY. merchandise cannot have zero value. 

 

Hope this helps and someone picks it up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to disagree strongly, sorry.

Corporations, by law, cannot send gifts! It can only be labelled merchandise (we discussed this here on different occations) and then (there you are correct, twoshots) there HAS to be a value inserted. This is the only possible option - the packages had been labelled as "gift" up to this year and for that very reason I had to pick up the packages from the customs office every year but one for the past ten years... :(

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, marcelwagenAAR said:

I need t renew my subscription in four weeks, when the announce the new gift?

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Please keep checking back. We will post as soon as we know something. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, mich40 said:

Hopefully we will hear something soon. Please keep checking back. We will post as soon as we know something. 

I hope you're right, but..... I doubt that....  Soon for u2.com  means a year, is my experience. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think renewing the subscription is not for the so called " gift" but to feel part of the great family of U2.Actually ... in addition I have had the advantage to reserve the tickets in advance, to know a lot of people who really share my same passion.The "gift " or the " merchandise" (at least for me )is just irrelevant.

Edited by mariated
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have to renew my membership within 30 days.

How come I didn't get a reminder email from U2.com like in past previous years ?

Anyone else experience this ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, mariated said:

 ... in addition I have had the advantage to reserve the tickets in advance, 

The presales for the last N.American tour was a total clown show. Paid up fans with early access were shut out and all those floor tickets went straight to the resale market. Most fans were forced to resubscribe months earlier than they should because JT30 tickets had gone on sale at the start of the year and it was deemed that their presale privileges had been used up.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I had no problem getting tickets for either tour.  As with any sale, the people who did not get what they want feel it was a clown show. The people that got the tickets they wanted think it was run fine. 
Sorry you are so bitter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, CorkVegan said:

The presales for the last N.American tour was a total clown show. Paid up fans with early access were shut out and all those floor tickets went straight to the resale market. Most fans were forced to resubscribe months earlier than they should because JT30 tickets had gone on sale at the start of the year and it was deemed that their presale privileges had been used up.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I see what you mean and it is not fine... but you know my experience in Italy as  a red hill  fan was quite different.For this reason I have expressed my point of view.I didn' t buy tickets for Australia or Asia but I did for Europe in the last tours .Everything is referred to my experience.

Edited by mariated
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gjachts said:

I had no problem getting tickets for either tour.  As with any sale, the people who did not get what they want feel it was a clown show. The people that got the tickets they wanted think it was run fine. 
Sorry you are so bitter. 

I actually had no problem getting the tickets that I wanted but many others were not as fortunate.

While I don't consider myself bitter I can see how you would think I was based on my response. I did second guess myself before I posted it because I thought it may come off as being too negative. Have a great day and stay positive. 👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Gjachts said:

I had no problem getting tickets for either tour.  As with any sale, the people who did not get what they want feel it was a clown show. The people that got the tickets they wanted think it was run fine. 
Sorry you are so bitter. 

I have to disagree with you. I got exactly what I wanted for the 2018 North America shows. GA via a combination of the member's pre-sale and the Citibank presale for my family (2 adults & a 14 year old) for the show on Long Island and a single for me, right behind the main stage, for one of the MSG shows. I still think the ticket sale process was a massive disaster - poorly administered and no explanation of how the process actually worked. There was no reason for the lack of advance notice of the "minor" detail of "Fan Club Membership gives entry into a lottery for access to the first pre-sale." I lay the blame at the feet of Ticketmaster/Live Nation.

 

Yes, I got what I wanted, but it left a very bad taste in my mouth.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get off topic too, but could we please keep this thread about the 2019 subscription gift and not something from the past?  There are already enough problems for those who are still waiting for their gift.  Let it go, start a seperate thread or don't resubscribe. (or) Take the energy of past frustrations, put it into remembering those are still waiting for this gift and hope they get them soon. It hurts when people call the fanclub a joke, and such.  It's not true.

I wish they'd start calling the gift a bonus because it's only one part of being a paid U2.com subscriber.  .That being said, I hope those who have not, do get their 2019 gift soon. 

Edited by Manohlive
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/8/2020 at 2:08 PM, DJ4Ever said:

My vinyl gets more play than CDs these days... While I enjoy the digital download, tangible items are preferred.

I used to think so, but then Australia started burning.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you heard the news today?  How long must we wait?  Maybe within the next week for the 2020 subscriber gift announcement.

1AB598B5-61D9-45BE-9FD1-EB66AF0C2D4C.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2020 at 6:33 PM, schisa01 said:

I have to disagree strongly, sorry.

Corporations, by law, cannot send gifts! It can only be labelled merchandise (we discussed this here on different occations) and then (there you are correct, twoshots) there HAS to be a value inserted. This is the only possible option - the packages had been labelled as "gift" up to this year and for that very reason I had to pick up the packages from the customs office every year but one for the past ten years... :(

 

Good point! 
 

so the solution is label it as merchandise with a value! Would that solve the Zoll issue?!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am one of the people who's subscription ran out late last year, and was extended to January 31. I appreciate the extension while we wait for the gift to be announced. However, I noticed today that if i go in and renew, there is no longer an option for a $40 renewal. Now they are asking for $50.

So while I am subscribed until the end of the month, I no longer see the lowered rate for resubscribing.

Couldn't we just get an option for a "Unknown 2020 Gift" so we can just resubscribe already?

Edited by u2mom01
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, u2mom01 said:

I am one of the people who's subscription ran out late last year, and was extended to January 31. I appreciate the extension while we wait for the gift to be announced. However, I noticed today that if i go in and renew, there is no longer an option for a $40 renewal. Now they are asking for $50.

So while I am subscribed until the end of the month, I no longer see the lowered rate for resubscribing.

Couldn't we just get an option for a "Unknown 2020 Gift" so we can just resubscribe already?

Would be fair to the fans to get such an option.  Why choose the difficult way,  with a lot of unclearity. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2020 at 2:30 PM, u2mom01 said:

Couldn't we just get an option for a "Unknown 2020 Gift" so we can just resubscribe already?

I would bet my house this will be the renewal option from w/c Jan 27th ;)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...