U2 Rules

2019 Subscription - Subscribers Gift

1 hour ago, saba said:

Any idea when the U2 i+e live LP and CDs will be sent out.

I don't believe that this will be available on LP. Just CD and download from U2.com member account.

I'm looking forward to it too. Sitting on my hands and waiting for the announcement that shipping has begun. I predict that it will be the soundtrack to the summer for many of us.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, saba said:

Any idea when the U2 i+e live LP and CDs will be sent out. I know they said Spring 2019 but we're nearly there.  Anyway got any news?

1 hour ago, CorkVegan said:

I don't believe that this will be available on LP. Just CD and download from U2.com member account.

I'm looking forward to it too. Sitting on my hands and waiting for the announcement that shipping has begun. I predict that it will be the soundtrack to the summer for many of us.

Seconded. A vinyl version has never been mentioned (and would be a very expensive proposition in the first place).

Fan club releases exist in the same temporal space as their album releases - they exist in “U2 time”. That is, whatever date is initially announced, be sure to add at least one month (in good years) and very often two or more months (in most years). Thus, since the original emails/messages suggested a January time frame for the downloads (which didn’t actually come until February) and a March time frame for the CDs, I’d bet on at least April for the CDs, more probably May (and hopefully not beyond that).

It’s always better to adopt the mindset that they will come when they come. You can try to insist that they arrive sooner, but I have found over many years that that approach simply doesn’t have any effect. I’m just hoping to see them before Memorial Day (2nd bank holiday in May for those in the British Isles).

On 2/27/2019 at 10:33 AM, peterferris8 said:

"A song for someone...like me". Oh wow.

Very cool.  I have to wait another month to renew.  I'm broke from concerts.  I'm really looking forward to hearing this.  You seem to have a penchant for noting things such as this, peterferris8.   Thanks.  I have not been this excited about a gift since From The Ground Up.

7 hours ago, dmway said:

A vinyl version has never been mentioned (and would be a very expensive proposition in the first place)

Sniff Sniff.   Did someone bring up vinyl?   I thought that word was temporarily verboten for at least two years.   😂

It’s almost a month since the 2 downloads, time for more or at least reveal

the complete track listing 

• Like 1

No site update since march 13th.... pffff.... no dvd-news, no fan-cd news, no tour news.... Are they still on this planet???

There should.be a joshuatreeddvd in a couple of months though...

I sent an email last night and they replied to me this morning, saying it is still in production,

and they verified my mailing address, they never even bothered to answer anything 

about when to expect future downloads, or when cds would ship 

6 hours ago, Caruso65 said:

I sent an email last night and they replied to me this morning, saying it is still in production,

and they verified my mailing address, they never even bothered to answer anything 

about when to expect future downloads, or when cds would ship 

When there is something to announce - either more tracks to download or the gift release date - be sure it will be announced on the site's main page, U2 official social media accounts and here...

no other option but to have patience and to keep checking periodically site/zoo/official social media...

My account expires on April 27, 2019.  When I last signed up it was to get the live Songs of Innocence and Experience package.  I feel like I should renew soon but there is no new gift announced.  What should I do?

4 hours ago, halcyondays93 said:

My account expires on April 27, 2019.  When I last signed up it was to get the live Songs of Innocence and Experience package.  I feel like I should renew soon but there is no new gift announced.  What should I do?

If your subscription expires this month, the last subscriber gift would have been U2 3D, as the Live Songs were not announced until November 2018. If you wish to receive the Live package, you would need to renew again now. 

So I renewed my membership before the the announcement of the gift. My membership expires in may 2020 but it wont give me a link to download the subscriber songs and its asking me to renew my membership. 

what gives? can i get the 2019 gift?

image.png.3fcf6da60f4f607fe6d99b3fb87de140.png

13 minutes ago, Sam B said:

So I renewed my membership before the the announcement of the gift. My membership expires in may 2020 but it wont give me a link to download the subscriber songs and its asking me to renew my membership. 

what gives? can i get the 2019 gift?

image.png.3fcf6da60f4f607fe6d99b3fb87de140.png

You need to contact customer service via the help page and explain your situation. https://www.u2.com/help

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, mich40 said:

If your subscription expires this month, the last subscriber gift would have been U2 3D, as the Live Songs were not announced until November 2018. If you wish to receive the Live package, you would need to renew again now. 

Strange, I must have misread it.  It says it expires 2020.  I could have sworn it said 2019.  Sorry.

Edited by halcyondays93

I am fine waiting for them to create a great product (CD/Print). With that said, they could have release all the tracks as "download only" by now. I would think by this time all the audio production would be finalized.

Anyway, I am just glad they are giving a solid gift for members at this time and not some of the old weak gifts of years past. 

This really is tumbleweed country now...outside in the distance a wildcat did growl....6 months since this was announced and we don’t even have a tracklist.

I appreciate the logistics involved but can someone not throw us a bone.. even the ‘artwork’ for the packaging would keep us going for another month 😛

Still no news on anything yet... No down-undertour announcement, no dvd-news, no fanclubcd-news. In the meantime the Rolling Stones keep releasing blurays, dvd's , cd's etc. etc..  I'm convinced there will be solid and great releases, but why the long wait... Or  surprise once more.... 

I like how they worded when this year's gift would start happening.  Unless I'm way off track, it was Spring but they left it open either way.  I thought that was smart and respectful of subscribers' voiced frustrations.  Part of me hopes and thinks this is going to start May/June.  A bigger part of me hopes it goes well when it does-the better they get it right than rush it mentality which I've read other Zootopians post when we've been waiting for for a past U2 event.  I've been listening to the first two tracks from online uploads.   I'm very happy with how great they sound, even with YouTube.  It's nice to be able to hear them even though I do not resubscribe for a few weeks. 

On 4/4/2019 at 7:38 PM, cristiu2 said:

No site update since march 13th.... pffff.... no dvd-news, no fan-cd news, no tour news.... Are they still on this planet???

I'm still waiting for them to finish their reports on the last two concerts! Someone give them a poke. :P

No new tracks in the zip file I dowloaded from my account (it weights 21Mo instead of 45Mo).....

22 minutes ago, ZOO_ADDICT said:

No new tracks in the zip file I dowloaded from my account (it weights 21Mo instead of 45Mo).....

Yep. No blame to U2, but holy hell Fanfire/LiveNation really should do better than this.

43 minutes ago, ZOO_ADDICT said:

Could you please try again? delete cookies and cache before doing it, please... and if possible, consider trying again using other browser...

I just checked and the download is 42.4 Mb...

Download.png

Please let us know if the issue persists...

f you subscribed - or resubscribed - to U2.com and selected "iNNOCENCE + eXPERIENCE Live, 2015 & 2018" gift, all four of the following  tracks are now waiting for you to download.

When you're signed in, click Account Info on the tab at the top right of the page to find:

- Love Is Bigger than Anything In Its Way (Live from Mohegan Sun 3 July 2018)
- Lights of Home (Live from Copenhagen 30 September 2018)
- The Little Things That Give You Away (Live from Rome 15 July 2017)
- Song For Someone (Live from Boston 14 July 2015)

• Thanks 1

I wonder if we are being teased and I love it.  I've never been happier to resubscribe. (next week after I get paid)  I know nobody knows when..  It's conjecture, however, it feels close.  My U2 periscope is up and scanning the horizon. 

• Like 1