mich40

Record Store Day - Hold Me, Thrill Me, Kiss Me, Kill Me

Did anyone else pick up a copy today? Stood out in the cold for a while, but got a copy. 

• Upvote 1

I wish I could, but apparently they are only sold in the United States; So utterly frustrating because I saw heaps of them on eBay today. 

Yes and it's powerful sounding.

Love the way that the entire cartoon from the intermission is on the inner sleeve. Overall a very nice release.

4 hours ago, Malahide said:

I wish I could, but apparently they are only sold in the United States; So utterly frustrating because I saw heaps of them on eBay today. 

They were sold in the UK too. It is a shame how they end up on eBay though. 

4 hours ago, Malahide said:

Plenty still available at my local record store.  I could pick one up for you and ship it if you want to pay cost plus actual shipping.  The vinyl itself is $16, but postage to Belgium would be $24 per the US postal service website.  Total of $40 is kind of a lot for this item, but if it's worth it to you let me know and we can arrange it.

• Thanks 1

Can't those records be sold also through U2.com in the future? Now I see a Tshirt and a screen print in the shop, but not the vinyl.

4 minutes ago, Malahide said:

Can't those records be sold also through U2.com in the future? Now I see a Tshirt and a screen print in the shop, but not the vinyl.

Record Store Day was created by a couple of small record stores in the US to get people back in the stores, and off the internet, to create a passion for vinyl. The first few years were lesser known bands, but the event has spread with popularity across the country and into several other countries. According to their website they do have participating stores in Belgium, http://www.recordstoreday.be/, so if you have a local store that doesn’t, maybe you could ask them to see if they could join. 

I do understand your frustration because there have been several records that I’ve missed because we didn’t get any in the stores near me and it adds to the frustration when you see them on resale sites. But selling them in the shop would defeat the whole purpose of RSD. 

19 hours ago, james busick said:

Plenty still available at my local record store.  I could pick one up for you and ship it if you want to pay cost plus actual shipping.  The vinyl itself is $16, but postage to Belgium would be $24 per the US postal service website.  Total of $40 is kind of a lot for this item, but if it's worth it to you let me know and we can arrange it.

Thanks very much for your kind offer, but I found already one in the meantime.  

Everyday Music in Seattle also has a small stack of them remaining as of when they closed an hour ago.

Question for those who picked up a copy:  Did yours come with a digital download code?  Paying $10+ for a new track without being able to play it when I'm traveling is always a little heartbreaking, and I didn't find one in mine...

Thanks,
-Brad

12 hours ago, Malahide said:

Thanks very much for your kind offer, but I found already one in the meantime.  

Hi Peter, where did you found one?

1 hour ago, Jo Van de Vreken said:

Hi Peter, where did you found one?

Another person from the States was so kind to buy me one. 

There were still a couple left the following day in my local store.

My copy was just delivered, the cartoon inside is nice memory of the last tour.