Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

realgonekid

Bohemian Rhapsody Movie

Have you seen this movie yet, what do you think? And did you spot the U2 flag waving in the audience. Wonder what the guys think of it?

30 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

Well if you watch the original recording of queen at live aid a U2 flag is clearly seen waving in the audience. Not seen the film yet

1 hour ago, realgonekid said:

Have you seen this movie yet, what do you think? And did you spot the U2 flag waving in the audience. Wonder what the guys think of it?

I saw it last night and, as the good doctor pointed out, including the U2 flag in that shot of the film made it more historically accurate. I think I even saw the U2 logo on some of the cases being carted around the stage before Queen hit the stage. (The funny thing is that, if a U2 logo was in fact on the case I saw, I’m pretty sure it was the AB logo, which of course hadn’t come into existence yet.)

It was a very enjoyable film, and they did a remarkable job with the casting - all four members had actors who looked and sounded like them. It was amazing seeing Gwyllem (sp?) Lee play Brian May - the last time I saw him was when he was on the last couple of series of “Midsomer Murders”. 😄 (For those outside the UK, that show was a light-hearted, but very entertaining, cop show - after a while, you kind of wondered how there could be much of the population left; they would have to already be dead or have moved away out of fear of potentially dying soon.)

Nit-pickers will no doubt point out factual inaccuracies, but it wasn’t the point of the film to be a straight historical documentary of Queen. It brought up everything that should have been brought up, and it was done very well overall, IMHO.

21 minutes ago, dmway said:

I saw it last night and, as the good doctor pointed out, including the U2 flag in that shot of the film made it more historically accurate. I think I even saw the U2 logo on some of the cases being carted around the stage before Queen hit the stage. (The funny thing is that, if a U2 logo was in fact on the case I saw, I’m pretty sure it was the AB logo, which of course hadn’t come into existence yet.)

It was a very enjoyable film, and they did a remarkable job with the casting - all four members had actors who looked and sounded like them. It was amazing seeing Gwyllem (sp?) Lee play Brian May - the last time I saw him was when he was on the last couple of series of “Midsomer Murders”. 😄 (For those outside the UK, that show was a light-hearted, but very entertaining, cop show - after a while, you kind of wondered how there could be much of the population left; they would have to already be dead or have moved away out of fear of potentially dying soon.)

Nit-pickers will no doubt point out factual inaccuracies, but it wasn’t the point of the film to be a straight historical documentary of Queen. It brought up everything that should have been brought up, and it was done very well overall, IMHO.

Just got home from seeing it....not only were there the U2 flags, but you see them walking off the stage at the beginning and later on with they do the LiveAid bit in full.

I thought it was a really good movie and thoroughly enjoyed it and would love to go see it again. As you pointed out, there were some inaccuracies in the timeline/facts, but forgivable because the actors did such a good job.

It's just really interesting to see the movie. As a U2 fan, yes, I've seen U2 portion of the live aid but never really seen Queen part which is right after the U2! 

In the movie, "Bono" and "the edge" coming off from the stage... I wish if I were at the live aid. I wonder if anyone in the u2 fan club were there and saw both U2 and Queen.

2 hours ago, alohamode said:

It's just really interesting to see the movie. As a U2 fan, yes, I've seen U2 portion of the live aid but never really seen Queen part which is right after the U2!

just be aware that part is one of the many liberties they took in the movie...

the order was: U2 --> Beach Boys (in Philadelphia) --> Dire Straits (back to Wembley) --> George Thorogood & The Destroyers (again, in Philadelphia) --> back to Wembley when Queen played. They were apart by around 1 hour, give or take...

6 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

just be aware that part is one of the many liberties they took in the movie...

the order was: U2 --> Beach Boys (in Philadelphia) --> Dire Straits (back to Wembley) --> George Thorogood & The Destroyers (again, in Philadelphia) --> back to Wembley when Queen played. They were apart by around 1 hour, give or take...

I’m glad you remembered and/or found that. When I watched the movie, I was thinking that I didn’t remember them being back to back but never looked it up. I haven’t read anything about why they may have chosen to do that. I can’t help but wonder if they did that bc U2’s looks were so distinguishable from that (@alohamode, if you get to see it again, you will notice it’s all of U2 they show coming off stage), and/or the fact that there’s always been a debate of which one of those performances stole the day. 

‘Just because I’m wondering about this:  does anyone know how large the largest audience was that U2 Ever played to?  How many people in the audience? (I’m thinking that it was probably in Brazil???)

6 hours ago, hillpy2 said:

‘Just because I’m wondering about this:  does anyone know how large the largest audience was that U2 Ever played to?  How many people in the audience? (I’m thinking that it was probably in Brazil???)

according to Google, it was 150,000 fans on the POPMart show in the Aeroporto di Reggio Emilia, Italy -  September 20, 1997...

5 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

according to Google, it was 150,000 fans on the POPMart show in the Aeroporto di Reggio Emilia, Italy -  September 20, 1997...

That’s So Amazing!!  I’m so blown away when I see how incredibly large ( I just didn’t want to say Huge!!) crowds are in some of their videos!!