adrnik

NLOTH vinyl re-issue

I love this album and am glad it is being given some love for the 10 year release.

I’d even consider the best U2 album since Zooropa!

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 1

I'm happy to hear about this re-release too. Just yesterday I listened to it for the first time in years and it's much, much better than I remembered. Looking forward to hearing it on vinyl.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, adrnik said:

I love this album and am glad it is being given some love for the 10 year release.

N L O H is my fav album of the 2000's ........ and for me it's a Classic like JT & AB

Hopefully we could hear some Great songs of this Album during the U2360 shows ......

I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go Crazy Tonight (111 times) :Bananaphisto: 5 times LIVE for US  ....  You Know We'LL GO CRRRRRAZYYYYYYYY

Get on Your Boots (110 times) :POPIcon_03:

Moment Of Surrender (108 times) is On my TOP 5 ....

https://www.u2.com/news/title/what-is-it-about-moment-of-surrender/albumno_line_horizon/2

https://www.u2.com/news/title/magical-experience/albumno_line_horizon/

Life is short
It’s the longest thing you’ll ever do
The worst, the curse
Was that your dreams came true
God is a mirror in which each man sees himself
Hell is a place where you don’t need any help
When I first met you, your face was like snow
Forever, wherever you wanted to go
Your face, your grace, your can of mace
Your case as you put it down
8.17 on the ground
Your faith in a clown
Your faith in a clown
Don’t leave me now
Don’t leave me now
Alone in the song
Don’t leave me now
Alone in the song
Don't leave me now

PARIS 2010 ... WAIE !!! http://wideawakein.eu/  1373 & 1374

Magnificent (96 times) just MA GNI FI CENT ........ Chrissie and Mum's fav song of the album too

No Line On The Horizon (44 times) sadly only played in 2009 and 1 time in 2010

http://www.u2gigs.com/No_Line_On_The_Horizon-s672.html

Breathe (43 times) WHAOUH sadly only played in 2009

16th of June, nine-oh-five, door bell rings
Man at the door says if I want to stay alive a bit longer
There's a few things I need you to know
Three

https://www.u2.com/news/article/4591

Unknown Caller (34 times) sadly only played in 2009 ........... 2nd Fav song of the album ... after M O S

• Like 1

I'm quite happy with my original vinyl NLOTH from 10 years ago, but being obsessive-compulsive with stuff like this I will need to have a 2019 version.  I'm wondering if the clear vinyl will be available in record stores or only the black vinyl.  The gold JT vinyl never came to my local record store, which is a very good store.  I would rather not order from the U2 shop, but if that is the only place to get the clear vinyl then I guess that is what I would do.  I finally ordered the gold JT vinyl from the U2 shop and of course it showed up with a significantly dinged corner and a slight tear to the top edge from the vinyl pushing through when it was tossed around during shipping.  I know I could return it and wait for another one, but it would probably arrive in similar condition.

On ‎1‎/‎8‎/‎2019 at 10:17 PM, james busick said:

I'm quite happy with my original vinyl NLOTH from 10 years ago, but being obsessive-compulsive with stuff like this I will need to have a 2019 version.  I'm wondering if the clear vinyl will be available in record stores or only the black vinyl.  The gold JT vinyl never came to my local record store, which is a very good store.  I would rather not order from the U2 shop, but if that is the only place to get the clear vinyl then I guess that is what I would do.  I finally ordered the gold JT vinyl from the U2 shop and of course it showed up with a significantly dinged corner and a slight tear to the top edge from the vinyl pushing through when it was tossed around during shipping.  I know I could return it and wait for another one, but it would probably arrive in similar condition.

https://thesoundofvinyl.com/*/*/No-Line-On-The-Horizon-Ultra-Clear-Coloured-Vinyl/60WL0000000

I was thinking about how much I would love it this album was reissued on vinyl the day before they announced it. Pretty weird. 

[MOD EDIT: Ad removed]

Edited by Max Tsukino
ad removed
  • Like 1

Finally bought a record player - what I started with 30 years ago, how funny.  Songs of Experience sounds awesome connected to my Bose speakers.  I'll definitely get No Line On The Horizon.  Can't believe it's been 10 years.  Where did the time go, still remember blasting "Magnificent" in my car when I got the CD and my first daughter was born. 

10 hours ago, globaltraveler said:

Finally bought a record player - what I started with 30 years ago, how funny.  Songs of Experience sounds awesome connected to my Bose speakers.  I'll definitely get No Line On The Horizon.  Can't believe it's been 10 years.  Where did the time go, still remember blasting "Magnificent" in my car when I got the CD and my first daughter was born. 

Doesn’t it sound fabulous on vinyl! There was an interview with Adam right around the release of it and he said it was meant to be played on vinyl. 

On 2/13/2019 at 8:18 PM, globaltraveler said:

Same boat - about where did the time go - I have so many memories of my first daughter as a baby, all wrapped up on me, as I swayed her to sleep to Moment of Surrender.  And blasting Magnificent in the car, too.  

• Like 1

Got the shipping notification email last night and arrived this morning (Thursday). Got the Ultra clear version. Looking forward to listening to it.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, sukhjitkamal said:

Got the shipping notification email last night and arrived this morning (Thursday). Got the Ultra clear version. Looking forward to listening to it.

Same here. 

Am am quite impressed with the U2 shop at the moment.

• Like 2

Waiting on UPS to arrive with my vinyl, I can't help but sit here and feel nostalgic and giddy all at the same time. Hard to believe it's been 10 years now.  In some ways, it feels like yesterday and other ways, it feels like forever ago. NLOTH is easily in my top 5 favorite U2 albums. I think favorite albums impact a time in your life and life impacts how much an album affects you, and this album happened at one of those pivotal moments of my life. The spiritual aspects of this album hit me in the heart and became a lifeline for me for several years. Magnificent grabbed me from the first little teaser I got to hear. Still one of my favorite songs and it will always remind me of getting to experience the BBC rooftop gig and getting to hear it live before I even got to hear the whole album. I also think back to a month after its release and driving through Ireland with it on repeat in the car. Even my daughter, who was 7 at the time, says listening to it now reminds her of Ireland. Can't wait to get the clear vinyl and listen and be reabsorbed in it.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, mich40 said:

Waiting on UPS to arrive with my vinyl, I can't help but sit here and feel nostalgic and giddy all at the same time. Hard to believe it's been 10 years now.  In some ways, it feels like yesterday and other ways, it feels like forever ago. NLOTH is easily in my top 5 favorite U2 albums. I think favorite albums impact a time in your life and life impacts how much an album affects you, and this album happened at one of those pivotal moments of my life. The spiritual aspects of this album hit me in the heart and became a lifeline for me for several years. Magnificent grabbed me from the first little teaser I got to hear. Still one of my favorite songs and it will always remind me of getting to experience the BBC rooftop gig and getting to hear it live before I even got to hear the whole album. I also think back to a month after its release and driving through Ireland with it on repeat in the car. Even my daughter, who was 7 at the time, says listening to it now reminds her of Ireland. Can't wait to get the clear vinyl and listen and be reabsorbed in it.

This is just so ....  MA GNI FI CENT ........... :ei_Taste_Is_The_Enemy_of_Art:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLl6dOguzp2ZKwWGDhVS_G67a6d3DqubPc

My clear vinyl arrived today which I ordered from U2.com Delighted it arrived on release day. Unfortunately, the dust sleeve is split twice up the side (normally just once where the LP’s slide in/out). What appears to have happened at production is that the label with the title and the 2 horizontal grey lines were put on incorrectly so to accommodate this the sleeve was cut again. I’m not asking for anything above and beyond - just what I paid for🙄 So so annoying!!!

Edited by Fergal
  • Like 2

On 2/14/2019 at 7:08 AM, mich40 said:

Doesn’t it sound fabulous on vinyl! There was an interview with Adam right around the release of it and he said it was meant to be played on vinyl. 

Yes - sounds amazing.  I also bought Songs of Experience on vinyl and I hear certain sounds from the drums & guitar that I never picked up on with the iPod/iPhone.

On 2/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, JCF said:

Same boat - about where did the time go - I have so many memories of my first daughter as a baby, all wrapped up on me, as I swayed her to sleep to Moment of Surrender.  And blasting Magnificent in the car, too.  

10 years went by fast.  I used to play "unknown caller" to my baby girl, and last summer I took her to see U2 for her first concert in Washington, DC.    2009 was a great year.

• Like 1

On 1/8/2019 at 7:27 PM, adrnik said:

It's great but definitely not the best since Zooropa......we have *POP* !!!!

Edited by pain_18_
  • Upvote 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 8:34 PM, Fergal said:

My clear vinyl arrived today which I ordered from U2.com Delighted it arrived on release day. Unfortunately, the dust sleeve is split twice up the side (normally just once where the LP’s slide in/out). What appears to have happened at production is that the label with the title and the 2 horizontal grey lines were put on incorrectly so to accommodate this the sleeve was cut again. I’m not asking for anything above and beyond - just what I paid for🙄 So so annoying!!!

Mine was the same.

• Sad 1

10 hours ago, pain_18_ said:

It's great but definitely not the best since Zooropa......we have *POP* !!!!

I’ll stick with my first statement😜

• Sad 1

Limited to only 150 copies, the NLOTH poster is a top collectors item 👍