mkdc

Is there any JT30 concert DVD news?

Does anyone know or have news on a release for the Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary tour DVD?   I'm pretty sure they filmed it in Brazil.   I was so hoping it would have been released before Christmas 2018, but so far nothing.   Now they've filmed E+I concert in Berlin (I think) which I am also looking forward to!  

Forgive me if this topic has been covered... I'm a life long U2 fan, but am rarely on these forums...Just didn't know where else to ask. 

2 hours ago, mkdc said:

Does anyone know or have news on a release for the Joshua Tree 30th Anniversary tour DVD?   I'm pretty sure they filmed it in Brazil.   I was so hoping it would have been released before Christmas 2018, but so far nothing.   Now they've filmed E+I concert in Berlin (I think) which I am also looking forward to!  

Forgive me if this topic has been covered... I'm a life long U2 fan, but am rarely on these forums...Just didn't know where else to ask. 

This was brought up and discussed here recently; however, since I can 't find the various places it was discussed, you could hardly be blamed for not finding it.

Here's what is known about the DVD/BluRay release:

https://www.u2songs.com/news/new_u2_tour_rumours_and_home_video_updates

Scroll down to near the bottom of the story and you'll find what you're looking for (pun partially intended).

Summary:

Filmed in Mexico City and San Diego

Directed by Anton Corbijn

May be shown in theaters first - if that is confirmed, the news should come here when things are finalized.

• Like 1

Thanks dmway, much appreciated...that's exactly what I was looking for.  ;)

A theater release would be fantastic, I'd go over and over again.   

We watch U2 concert dvds quite regularly here at home, as it's the next best thing to being there, and the ultimate 'souvenir' from our favourite concerts from our favourite band. 

I have a 10 year old daughter and 12 year old son, who have both been with me to the last 3 tours and are both HUGE U2 (and rock 'n roll) fans, breaking all the stereotypes of their generation, with U2 posters on their walls and full knowledge of all things U2, among other bands from Zepplin to Jack White, and on...   So, we need those DVDs here at home to continue the enjoyment of our fandom, and their musical 'education'.   

#nextgenerationfans 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 1/15/2019 at 9:09 PM, mkdc said:

Thanks dmway, much appreciated...that's exactly what I was looking for.  ;)

A theater release would be fantastic, I'd go over and over again.   

We watch U2 concert dvds quite regularly here at home, as it's the next best thing to being there, and the ultimate 'souvenir' from our favourite concerts from our favourite band. 

I have a 10 year old daughter and 12 year old son, who have both been with me to the last 3 tours and are both HUGE U2 (and rock 'n roll) fans, breaking all the stereotypes of their generation, with U2 posters on their walls and full knowledge of all things U2, among other bands from Zeppelin to Jack White, and on...   So, we need those DVDs here at home to continue the enjoyment of our fandom, and their musical 'education'.   

#nextgenerationfans 

You are educating your children well. B)

Since you will only get confirmed, official news here, in addition to the u2songs.com site I quoted above, you may find these sites useful if you are OK with learning unofficial news as soon as it makes the rounds (of course, being unofficial, not everything you hear may come to fruition - however, these sites are pretty good at being in the loop very early on) :

https://www.atu2.com/

https://u2start.com/

Happy educating! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

• Like 1

11 hours ago, dmway said:

You are educating your children well. B)

Since you will only get confirmed, official news here, in addition to the u2songs.com site I quoted above, you may find these sites useful if you are OK with learning unofficial news as soon as it makes the rounds (of course, being unofficial, not everything you hear may come to fruition - however, these sites are pretty good at being in the loop very early on) :

https://www.atu2.com/

https://u2start.com/

Happy educating! :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

I've been following @U2.com for 20+ years ,but I never heard of U2Start... thanks for the tip,  dmway.   We made a point of meeting the host Chris from the @U2 podcast in Montreal last June.   Great community of fans, all over the world.  A true reflection of who U2 are as a band and as individuals.  

Cheers. 

• Like 1

On 1/15/2019 at 7:29 PM, dmway said:

Summary:

Filmed in Mexico City and San Diego

Directed by Anton Corbijn

May be shown in theaters first - if that is confirmed, the news should come here when things are finalized.

That would be awesome!  I'd drive hours to see it in a theatre.

On 1/25/2019 at 7:07 PM, Manohlive said:

That would be awesome!  I'd drive hours to see it in a theatre.

Yes, I would too!

Posted (edited)

I've been thinking, all day, about how awesome it will be to see this in a theater.  It would think it will play in Chicago.   I'm excited. I wonder if they are teasing us.  I hope so.  I love it when they do that.  We get all excited only it doesn't happen and then it does and it's even better than previously thought.  I was less than thrilled about TJT30 tour and so, so pleasantly surprised at how much I loved it.  I saw it as a prelude to SOE but it was much more than I thought it would be.  I keep signing in and looking for news.  😵.  

Edited by Manohlive