Sign in to follow this  
bonobabypussycat

What Hasn't U2 Released Yet That You Want?

For ages now I have been wishing that U23D would get a home video release - on dvd, or even better, blu ray.

I thought with the (now redundant) sudden interest in 3D films that we might see the film released for people to watch at home but it sadly never happened.  I was lucky enough to see it on an IMAX screen in 3D when it was released in the UK and it was *almost* like being there (!) and my memories were that there were some great live performances in the film too.

I would still be happy for a 2D release of this film - and it must be sat on a shelf somewhere gathering dust...such a shame.

At least I was a) lucky enough to see it and b) I managed to get hold of a UK Cinema poster advertising the film too - which must be a rare (I might even part with it for the right price one day!).

Is there anything you are aware of, that U2 have recorded or filmed and not released that you wish they would commercially release?

I would also like U2-3D to see an official release. Most BluRay players can play 3D-BluRays - of course, you would still need a TV that can process the 3D signal as well, but those are available too (and you would need the special glasses, but most people have access to those as well). I also saw it at an IMAX theater when it first came out (in NYC) - I sort of count it as one of the Vertigo tour shows I attended. The feeling of actually being at the show was that keen. One of the images I remember the most was the drink that was on a table behind Larry while he was playing - it looked like you could just reach out and grab it. Amazing visual effects...

Since I know it was filmed, I wish they would release the Washington, DC ZooTV show too, warts and all (and a arena show of ZooTV from anywhere - it would be cool to see that show as it originally appeared). If Berlin is the official release for the e&i tour (as it looks it will be), I hope they someday release the DC show that was filmed there too.

I'll have to think more, but those are good for starters.

Great question.

i’d like every single U2 has ever released to be made available in cd and vinyl form on the website.

On 2/9/2019 at 2:19 PM, adrnik said:

Great question.

i’d like every single U2 has ever released to be made available in cd and vinyl form on the website.

That's a good suggestion.

I'd also like them to bring back the old U2.com gifts from the past to be gotten by those who weren't members yet when they were new or by those who were members but have become separated from them in the meantime. There must be extras of many of those floating around somewhere and/or the masters for these things must still be usable for additional copies. U2 would be getting the money instead of those re-selling them on eBay at extortionate prices.