dmway

Record Store Day 2019

OK, this was just posted in the news section:

https://www.u2.com/news/title/europa-ep

Despite its being called "The Europa EP" this will be available in the US, right? Yes, I am thinking about getting this just for the artwork - how's that for being an obsessive fan?

:HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

Edited by dmway

Posted (edited)

Wow.  I have enough notice to save some cash to buy this.  I want to frame the cover and put it on my concert wall.   Very cool.   

On 2/28/2019 at 6:41 PM, dmway said:

Despite its being called "The Europa EP" this will be available in the US, right? Yes, I am thinking about getting this just for the artwork - how that for being an obsessive fan?

I love the cover.  Charles Chaplin in the center is giving my those EI goosebumps I came to love so much.   It says, 'Posterity is watching you.' in one square, yes?   Does anyone know which church it is that shows the spires?   This made my day/evening.  Now the worry of will the record store have it?  Advanced calling shall be made.

Edited by Manohlive

On 3/4/2019 at 4:10 AM, Manohlive said:

Wow.  I have enough notice to save some cash to buy this.  I want to frame the cover and put it on my concert wall.   Very cool.   

I love the cover.  Charles Chaplin in the center is giving my those EI goosebumps I came to love so much.   It says, 'Posterity is watching you.' in one square, yes?   Does anyone know which church it is that shows the spires?   This made my day/evening.  Now the worry of will the record store have it?  Advanced calling shall be made.

Church could be Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom)? 

https://www.koelner-dom.de/home/

In Cologne there were two gigs 09/2018. Cathedral is worth of visiting, it is amazing.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2019 at 5:41 PM, dmway said:

Yes, I am thinking about getting this just for the artwork - how that for being an obsessive fan?

Great minds think alike?   I'm doing the same.  Once it's framed does it qualify as lossless?     🌊

• Haha 1

Visited today in local record store, picked up my order (Sunday bloody sunday/Two hearts Beast as one 7” single and one Megadeth cd). I was asked, am I interested in purchasing Europe Ep? He promised to save one for me.

• Upvote 1

My record store of choice will not reserve one for me.  They are only getting six copies.  I may pull rank and call the owner.  I've been buying from his store(s) since I was a little boy.  (all local to my state and now in a few cities)  The problem is that he's gotten older and I don't know if he'll remember me.  I think he will because I was in those stores every day. If need be, I'm lining up at 6 am.  I am not missing out of this one.   

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 6:19 AM, Ilmajoki said:

Church could be Cologne Cathedral (Kölner Dom)? 

https://www.koelner-dom.de/home/

In Cologne there were two gigs 09/2018. Cathedral is worth of visiting, it is amazing.

It is the Kölner Dom indeed.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Malahide said:

It is the Kölner Dom indeed.

Dank je, Malahide. 

22 hours ago, Ilmajoki said:

Visited today in local record store, picked up my order (Sunday bloody sunday/Two hearts Beast as one 7” single and one Megadeth cd). I was asked, am I interested in purchasing Europe Ep? He promised to save one for me.

21 hours ago, Manohlive said:

My record store of choice will not reserve one for me.  They are only getting six copies.  I may pull rank and call the owner.  I've been buying from his store(s) since I was a little boy.  (all local to my state and now in a few cities)  The problem is that he's gotten older and I don't know if he'll remember me.  I think he will because I was in those stores every day. If need be, I'm lining up at 6 am.  I am not missing out of this one.   

Yes, the stores that stick more strictly to the rules of RSD will not reserve copies (so, llmajoki is a very fortunate person). Showing up early is a good strategy.

I have found two places locally that aren’t overly far away and also aren’t far from one another (in case I end up needing to go to both to hopefully get a copy). Saturday will be a very “chock-full-of-U2” day if I can get a copy; I am seeing UF again later in the evening. 😎

Let’s hope we all get copies! 🍀

12 hours ago, dmway said:

Showing up early is a good strategy.

That's what I'm going to do.  I was pissy because I've been buying music from the same company since I was a boy.  It is what it is.  My being ornery does prompt me to get my butt out of bed early Saturday morning.  I still want that record on my music wall, along with my favorite IE lithograph.

Posted (edited)

It's Friday evening, the day before RSD 2019, and RSD 2019 releases are already listed on eBay at inflated prices.

Not speculative listings either - item in hand listings.

Edited by CorkVegan

Just picked mine up... 
for anyone interested it costs $24.99 😳

• Like 1

I am standing in a line of over a hundred people.  Nice turnout.

I got the last one. 😀.  $19.99.  

I was about 25th in line, but the store I went to had 5 copies (I got the second one; one fellow was in line in front of me who got one too - I congratulated his good taste 😎).

$26.99 here. The other store I could have gotten it from had it for a dollar cheaper, but, since they had only ordered one, I took my chances at the other location. I don’t regret the strategy.

A lovely piece of art! 

:HMTMKMKM_Bono_02::HMTMKMKM_Edge_02::HMTMKMKM_Adam_02::HMTMKMKM_Larry_02:

:Euro_Machphisto:

• Like 1

I stood in line for over an hour just to buy it once I had it in hand.  Well worth it.  

Score! Got everything I was hoping for. 

4F2D910C-31EE-4E35-BCF6-B812354222B2.jpeg

• Like 1

Got mine - $24.99, along with the Clapton and the Green Day. The Dylan was the first thing to go at both stores I checked out. The owner of my regular store took my name & number, in case the Dylan turned up (may have been moved/misfiled). At the other place, the guy was on the phone telling someone that the Dylan was gone as I was looking for it.

And a special release of 'Message in a Bottle' (The Police) for 24 euros. Only 1000 copies

Police, ThePOLICE MESSAGE IN A BOTTLE -RSD- 2x7'

I must say that I did very well. 

Got U2, Dylan, Van, Doors and Noel Gallagher.

Was very tempted by Lennon but it was starting to add up. I would have loved to get Bingo Handjob but it was nowhere to be found. Copies online for $150 - I can do without. 

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 2:55 PM, Manohlive said:

It is against the 'rules' as laid out by the organizers/founders of Record Store Day .A store is not allowed to to hold/reserve records , nor have them pre paid - goes against the whole spirit of the day . They take the matter seriously - they can ban a store from participating in future Record Store Days ( hence why they won't do it for you )