Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

Happy International Women’s Day

The title says it all.

Have a great day, Women Of The World (take over... I had to add that after the e&i tour 😉)

What’s really sad is that to succeed in our societies, great women still have to succeed in the face of misogynistic BS along the way to get there. 

Im married to a great woman who is a UK/ if not a world leader in her field(surgery) 

however during her training she was put down by male chauvanists in positions of power who were probably threatened by her ability.

She is strong and has proven through her work and achievements that she is actually better than them.

She now is one of the UKs leading surgeons in her field and pioneering cancer treatments. She is also responsible for the training programmes of over 100 trainee surgeons, and an amazing mum to boot.

a weaker person would not have endured the deep seated BS she had to put up with along the way.

but then behind every great woman and beauty..... as Bono sang... is an idiot😆

Thank you! ^_^

Women of the World take over
Because if you don´t 
the world will come to an end
And it won't take long... 

:Sian:

1 hour ago, doctornickriviera said:

What’s really sad is that to succeed in our societies, great women still have to succeed in the face of misogynistic BS along the way to get there. 

Im married to a great woman who is a UK/ if not a world leader in her field(surgery) 

however during her training she was put down by male chauvanists in positions of power who were probably threatened by her ability.

She is strong and has proven through her work and achievements that she is actually better than them.

She now is one of the UKs leading surgeons in her field and pioneering cancer treatments. She is also responsible for the training programmes of over 100 trainee surgeons, and an amazing mum to boot.

a weaker person would not have endured the deep seated BS she had to put up with along the way.

Yes, ALL women in ALL fields of work should be treated with as much respect as their counterparts. 

32 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Yes, ALL women in ALL fields of work should be treated with as much respect as their counterparts. 

The point I was trying to make is that you shouldn’t have to endure discrimination/try harder/ have to jump through more hoops to get to a career goal whatever your gender or gender identity. You should get there because you are good enough. End of.

52 minutes ago, doctornickriviera said:

The point I was trying to make is that you shouldn’t have to endure discrimination/try harder/ have to jump through more hoops to get to a career goal whatever your gender or gender identity. You should get there because you are good enough. End of.

I totally agree with what you said. I was just saying that all women, no matter their professional path, should be treated with respect. Thankfully not in the last several years, but definitely in the past I have witnessed comments to and about women that were extremely sexist. Women, especially in the non-white collar fields, in the South still deal with this nonsense. And if women are strong, they get labeled with rude names. 

6 hours ago, mich40 said:

This is wonderful! 👍 

18 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

911C6EA1-2146-4BC4-932B-1D9DC5F41885.jpeg

Because it shouldn’t just be one day....

5 hours ago, mich40 said:

Because it shouldn’t just be one day....

I always liked that song. I wish it were more widely released than on one specific “Best Of” of his.

At least he did perform it on his tour supporting “US”, as you have linked above.