Sign in to follow this  
mich40

Fake U2 Social Media Accounts

Thanks hillpy2. I have been approached by :"David Howell Evans" also that is the first thing he did was tell me to go to google hang outs. 

The conversations I had with the other Fake Edge seemed so real, he really knew his stuff and was smooth and very convincing. VERY convincing. 

• Sad 1

Thank you for sharing your story, @keyo32198  As you said, hopefully it will help in preventing it from happening to others. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, keyo32198 said:

I' m so incredibly ashamed and emberesed embaressed but I have tp tell my story to protect other U2 fans. I have been a U2 fan since I was 14 1985. I am a bright educated woman but I got scammed.

On Instagram "The Edge" approached me. At first I thought it was too good to be true but then I got  sucked in. And by the way it was too good to be true. He promised me a meet and greet but talked to me a while before he hooked me. This man is very very believable. There is also a multiple fake Bono's but one that is working with this Fake Edge.  There Instagram names are _u2.bono_ and the other is u2.Edge_. This person impersonating the Edge went as far as having his "Assistant" Send me a "Meet and Greet" invitation it all looked very official to me. There were red flags for sure but as a fan of 34 years I so wanted it to be true. To date this man has gotten $5.000 out of me! $5,000! I am so ashamed and I am not a wealthy woman. If anyone has any questions regarding these two people and the interactions I had I am more than happy to share my experiences. I don't want this to happen to anyone else. I did meet a lovely woman from another country that had thousands taken from her,. There are multiple fake Bono's. One of them contacted me about donating to a secret foundation in Brazil and was extremely pushy. Then another Fake Edge immediately sent me a nasty message. after I told the other fake Bono that there is no such foundation. I have met a nice fan  on Instagram that is from another country who has also had thousands of dollars stolen from her. There are so many victims out there.

Bono, Edge, Larry, Adam if you ever read these threads please know this is the most painful thing I have ever gone through.

Please everyone on social media be careful. I am more than willing to answer questions if anyone has any.

God Bless,

keyo32198525630254_Fakebono.thumb.jpg.bb9a7759be44aa9de8059ec1f6109a4f.jpg

Fake Edge Instagram Profile.JPG

Fake Bono Passport.JPG

I'm sorry you were scammed like that keyo. All of these accounts really need to be removed, I can't believe they have so many followers and get away with scamming money out of us fans like this. But I had to double take, that is the Bono passport the other fake Bono sent me! I am sure of it! I wouldn't be surprised if it's one person or a group of them working together with these fake accounts. 

• Like 2

I would also say that if someone sends an ID like this that 1) he can't sign it as "Bono" when that's not the printed name and 2) it looks like a photo-shopped picture, especially if you look around his ears and top of head. Definitely if anyone else gets an ID like this, do not take that as proof, there are criminals who professionally make fake IDs for whoever wants one so it's not a leap to think they would do it to try to fool people into believing they are a celebrity. 

• Like 2

I got this fake Irish Passport from a different Fake Bono than the one that ripped me off. I couldn't remember which one, there are so many fake Bono's. I just wanted to post it in case anyone else came across it. I feel like a jerk, but I couldn't help myself and wrote to the fake Bono that was the worst Fake Irish Passport I have ever seen and clearly he doesn't even know what one looks like, I was looking at my Irish passport (I have dual citizenship Irish/USA and it was almost comical how bad his was...…   . 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, mich40 said:

Thank you for sharing your story, @keyo32198  As you said, hopefully it will help in preventing it from happening to others. 

No problem at all. It took a bit of courage because I am so ashamed and frankly heartbroken but I really do hope that I can help someone else not get ripped off. I heard for the last time from the Fake Edge tonight,  He got quite nasty and I finally blocked him. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I reported this account on Instagram but haven’t received a response from the platform yet. Thought you might want to know about this crazy dude. 

7D689E06-6EEE-457D-9AC1-601624E6B051.jpeg

DE4EA597-1F6D-4AE2-8997-3466DA1EAB3F.png

• Like 2

I’ve reported accounts (I was approached by that fake Edge also)

instagram doesn’t do anything! 😟. It’s so frustrating. 

• Upvote 1

I was just physically threatened by the fake Bono _u2.bono_ his email that he uses is From: Paul Hewson <officialu2bono@gmail.com> I am quite frightened now. I believe that he may be in California but I am not sure. If anyone comes in contact with this man call the Police ASAP.   

• Like 1

Instagram does nothing when you report these people! Nothing! They are still on Instagram scamming and threatening people. 

2 hours ago, keyo32198 said:

I was just physically threatened by the fake Bono _u2.bono_ his email that he uses is From: Paul Hewson <officialu2bono@gmail.com> I am quite frightened now. I believe that he may be in California but I am not sure. If anyone comes in contact with this man call the Police ASAP.   

You know you can at least call the police where you live to report the threat. Ask the police what you should do. You should also contact the FBI. Don’t ignore the threat.

2 hours ago, keyo32198 said:

please contact immediately the authorities...

21 hours ago, keyo32198 said:

Instagram does nothing when you report these people! Nothing! They are still on Instagram scamming and threatening people. 

Unfortunately we have no control over what Instagram chooses to do or not to do; and as these accounts are outside the realm of Zootopia, we can only offer suggestions as to how to handle them, ie unfollow and block. 

As the other two said, I highly recommend reporting this latest incident to the authorities immediately. 

Quite awhile ago I messaged a community moderator (and now I’ve forgotten which one! -sorry!) about the fake Bono& Edge links & phone numbers that I had found, no one responded so I’m wondering if anyone actually received my message. 

48 minutes ago, hillpy2 said:

Quite awhile ago I messaged a community moderator (and now I’ve forgotten which one! -sorry!) about the fake Bono& Edge links & phone numbers that I had found, no one responded so I’m wondering if anyone actually received my message. 

You messaged me and I responded that I had passed on the information.

• Like 1

This was just shared with me and I was given permission to share it here. It may take longer than you hope, but if they have enough information to pull an account, they will. 

03BA0E09-9160-4522-A90E-F57F59926537.jpeg

Just be mindful of the fact that this may or may not affect their ability to open another account with another name; and it is in your best interest not to follow accounts that look like a individual band member’s account (because the real members don’t have those),  nor let them follow you. Always report suspicious behavior, such as the charming messages asking for your email address. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1