Sign in to follow this  
illumination70

Plans for Saint Patrick's Day!!

I'm just curious to know what yyour plans for Saint Patrick's Day include?  As for me I plan on getting up early to make a loaf of home-made, Irish Soda Bread and perhaps  make some time to watch U2 videos.  Enough about me, what are your plans for March 17th?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, illumination70 said:

I'm just curious to know what yyour plans for Saint Patrick's Day include?  As for me I plan on getting up early to make a loaf of home-made, Irish Soda Bread and perhaps  make some time to watch U2 videos.  Enough about me, what are your plans for March 17th?

A very good topic!

I miss soda bread - it’s tasty! On St. Patrick’s Day, I always have a Guinness or two (sometimes more, but in recent years two seems to give me the mild buzz I enjoy). I wear whatever green I have in my wardrobe.

I am toying with going to NYC the night before because Unforgettable Fire are playing a top-notch venue that night (Sony Hall, in Times Square). However, do I really want to see that many hammered people in one evening? I’m not sure... 🍀

• Brilliant 1

Gonna go out, not drive, and get tipsy.   I plan on drinking a bit of vodka while keeping it together and not trying the jig.  I do know it.   .  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  25 Ireland 🇮🇪 7 🏉🏉

#6nationschamps

#grandslam

#triplecrown

Awesome!

3 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Party in Cardiff

Congratulations! 🎉 I know how big a deal this is to everyone in Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 

Try to be sober enough to go to work on Monday... 😉😄

• Like 1

12 hours ago, doctornickriviera said:

Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿  25 Ireland 🇮🇪 7 🏉🏉

#6nationschamps

#grandslam

#triplecrown

Awesome!

I watched it.  Imagine this American's surprise when it was on local, not paid for television.  I did not go out tonight because I'm not feeling well.  I will enjoy reading the story of St. Patrick tomorrow.   Tomorrow is also one of my best, and longest standing, friend's birthday. I'll be doing my best to make her laugh. I'm also going to listen to Turlough O'Carolan and a bunch of other Irish music.  I was just reading about O'Carolan.  I did not know he was blind.  Ireland has given me so much music and literature I love; along with the best dog ever.  I'm glad I have a sliver of Irish in me, even though I am a very homogenized American mutt.     .   

• Like 1