Sign in to follow this  
dmway

Blessings for New Zealand

It’s still a developing story, but apparently there have been shootings at two mosques in Christchurch, NZ

New Zealand seems to be such an idyllic place, it’s hard to believe such a thing has happened there. It’s a tragedy wherever it happens; I just wish these kinds of attacks would stop.

Peace be with you, New Zealanders. I hope things return to relative normality as soon as possible. All sympathy to the victims and their families.

• Like 2

It was horrible to wake up and hear about it - you think of New Zealand as the *last* place where these sorts of things happen.

The culprits have been arrested, but it is shocking. People should be able to go to their places of worship without fear of such incidents.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. 

And governments and social media companies NEED to take more action against the people that promote such mindless hatred. People have been making complaints about hate speech for years now, but nothing really changes. I hope this tragedy makes such companies realise that they need to do better at removing racist propaganda.

• Brilliant 1

5 hours ago, padawanbeck84 said:

It was horrible to wake up and hear about it - you think of New Zealand as the *last* place where these sorts of things happen.

The culprits have been arrested, but it is shocking. People should be able to go to their places of worship without fear of such incidents.

My thoughts are with the victims and their families. 

And governments and social media companies NEED to take more action against the people that promote such mindless hatred. People have been making complaints about hate speech for years now, but nothing really changes. I hope this tragedy makes such companies realise that they need to do better at removing racist propaganda.

Very well said, esp. on your last point. Social media can’t pretend their platforms are not used for horrific purposes and further pretend that they are somehow not responsible for the acts that result from them. If they are not actively opposing these reprehensible people and causes, they are part of the problem.

I have managed to find one site that is collecting funds to help the families of the victims in the shootings - it’s:

http://www.launchgood.com/christchurch

There may be others as well, but that’s the one I could find. Peace be with everyone in New Zealand.

Thinking of our kiwi mates. Terrible situation in Christchurch. Love is bigger than anything in its way

🇳🇿 + 🇦🇺 = ❤️

• Like 1

Fraser Anning's response to the attack was despicable. The video of him getting egged at his little press conference today was very pleasing.