Posted (edited)

With all these tour rumours floating about, & an official announcement likely to be imminent, I'm starting to dream about seeing a U2 show in distant lands.

I've never been to Japan, but would love to visit there. A U2 show or two would top it off!

Problem is, it looks quite difficult for foreigners (especially those that don't speak Japanese) to purchase concert tickets.

Having a scan around on google, it looks like it's often the case that Japanese ticket sites will not accept foreign credit cards. They often won't send tickets overseas & don't have e-tickets (hoping they at least do will call).

I'm hoping that, for an international act of U2's size, things could be different.

Is there anyone here, who went to the Vertigo tour in Japan, who could chime in, with information about the ticket purchasing process in Japan? Maybe a stretch, as the tour 13 years ago, but you never know!

Or any help from Japanese locals, or anyone else who attends concerts in Japan.

Obviously, as soon as dates are announced, we'll have presales in only a few days. So things will get hectic!

So any help be greatly appreciated.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1

I'm in the same situation, a Japan trip would be awesome.  Sir Paul recently played Japan but I'm not sure about non Japanese credit cards.  Hopefully we will get an answer, perhaps after tour announcement?  🤞

12 hours ago, ddarroch said:

With all these tour rumours floating about, & an official announcement likely to be imminent,

I don't want to veer this thread off topic.  Could someone please pm me of these rumors and official imminent anything?    I was not aware.

7 hours ago, ddarroch said:

Sure. I'll post it here.

No disrespect to u2.com & Zootopia, but at this stage the best places to hear news of tour rumours are U2songs & u2start.

https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

https://u2start.com/topic/11662/0/12/

@ddarroch, that’s why we have a folder call “U2 ‘Net News and Rumours”. You will see speculations around that may or may not be accurate and it’s fine for the fans to post those. But as for U2.com and the Zootopia moderators, we will only post information that is official.

• Thanks 1

Why does it always take so long for something being announced? 

The shows down under, but also the dvd-releases from tjt and E&I ... The news from the website hasn't been updated since a month... And that was completely irrelevant news...

It's also very quiet on the fanclub cd front. Why not release a new download?  

36 minutes ago, cristiu2 said:

Why does it always take so long for something being announced? 

The shows down under, but also the dvd-releases from tjt and E&I ... The news from the website hasn't been updated since a month... And that was completely irrelevant news...

It's also very quiet on the fanclub cd front. Why not release a new download?  

Announcement times: in a nutshell: It takes the time it takes... There could be some information floating around the fan community (as well as many rumors and speculation).. but it is a different situation if you are talking "behind the stage" (so to speak)... it's a big operation and there are many things involved, in a way that everything has to be tight before making it public - this takes time...

If there is a tour to be announced, be sure it will be published as soon as everything is ready... no other option but to have patience...

News relevance or lack of it: duly noted, but also take into account that it's your personal opinion about them...

Fan Club CD and Tracks: a bit about the same situation on the time to announce things... it would be great for us if everything could be released immediately, but this can't be possible... again, patience...

• Like 1

I just got back from Tokyo yesterday and while there saw Noel Gallagher. I bought tix online with my credit card and redeemed them at 7-11 (yeah weird but the instructions said I could redeem them at any 7-11 and they were correct). It wasn’t difficult at all however there would’ve been no transferring or selling them if I couldn’t make the show. Not sure which venue the boys will be playing and what ticket agency the show will go through - we’ll see!

Posted (edited)

Thanks very much for the information. Good to know, & all sounds positive.

Looks like it's probably going to be a couple of shows at Saitama Super Arena. I'm not sure, but would guess that tickets will be sold by Pia.

Edited by ddarroch