Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

realgonekid

If You Dropped Your Popcorn, You Might Of Missed It!

So I was watching Bohemian Rhapsody for a second time last night and something I did not notice when I saw this movie in the cinema was four guys portraying the members of U2 dressed in the same gear they wore that day during there Live Aid performance passing Freddie Mercury on his way to the stage. Pretty cool I thought!

u2liveaid.jpg

Yeah spotted that. However U2 did not walk off stage when Queen walked on at Live Aid. I loved Bohemian Rhapsody but let’s just say the film is historically inaccurate in many ways.

I like historical accurateness.  It is a movie.  Where does one draw the line?  (I have no idea.)   That beings said, that pic has me smiling, illumination70.  I have been waiting to watch this movie.  I did not see it in the theater. Thanks for posting.  It'll be fun to watch for that scene when I watch it this weekend. 

Doc, inaccuracies bother me too.  I hear ya.  My comment of smiling is no shade on you.  I've had the same opinion about other movies.  In this case, I heard of this movie fictionalizing matters so I am expecting them.  It is also cool to know that it did not happen.  

Either way-the pic cool.  I like how Freddy is entering as U2 is exiting.  The guy playing The Edge somewhat resembles Bob Geldof at the time.  Now Sir.  

lol - that's great - though let's remember Bono was far from happy walking off that stage - he thought they'd blown it. Edge thought Bono had blown it as they didn't get to play the hit track 'Pride' etc etc etc - all history! It was a feckin awesome performance though.

U2 played around 5 / 5.30 pm. Queen didn't hit the stage until a couple of hours later.

At least U2 came back two years later with Joshua Tree - Queen had kinda peaked just then and milked (rightly so) the 'Kind of Magic' tour. I saw Queen at Slane, Ireland on that tour in summer of 1986 as a seventeen yr old. Consider myself lucky.

Joshua Tree at olde Croker was to follow in June of the following year.