Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dmway

Happy Mother's Day!

I started a thread last year connecting U2 and Mother's Day which described (among other things) a U2 experience I actually had with my mother; obviously, since threads automatically archive after 45 consecutive days of disuse, it is no longer active. (If you want to see it, it is here: http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/39207-u2-and-mothers-day/ )

Since that one can't be posted to anymore, I thought there should still be one here - so, I'm starting this one now!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers in Zootopia and around the world.

Happy Mother's Day to Mary, me mum, Zoo moms and all others.   I am a heel.  I did not send my mom a card.  I do call her just about every day.  I thought of a bunch of cool stuff we did which she won't remember and I'm going to tell her the stories.  Love laughter is better than a card but I still feel like a dog who should lie down with his tail between his legs.  It's all good in the end.  I think she plays dumb and calls him Boanoh to get even.   😳

This is a sad and serious one:

May no mom ever have to hear her child, or anyone she loves, get hurt through violence or abuse or starvation or HIV or all the other crap that's running rampant in our world. There are far too many mothers who are going to have to struggle with a very difficult Mother's Day.  The only way I know how to help and to remember them is to write this.  I wish them the sweetest peace possible, if even for a moment, on this Mother's Day. (and every day after it).

There are a couple of Zootpians who have mentioned losing their moms.  I'm also thinking of you and wishing you a special peace today. 

18 hours ago, dmway said:

I started a thread last year connecting U2 and Mother's Day which described (among other things) a U2 experience I actually had with my mother; obviously, since threads automatically archive after 45 consecutive days of disuse, it is no longer active. (If you want to see it, it is here: http://zootopia.u2.com/forums/topic/39207-u2-and-mothers-day/ )

Since that one can't be posted to anymore, I thought there should still be one here - so, I'm starting this one now!

Happy Mother's Day to all mothers in Zootopia and around the world.

Well, Mother's Day is winding down here, so let me wish all mothers everywhere, on Earth or in heaven, a Happy Mother's Day.

On 5/12/2019 at 6:39 PM, dmway said:

Well, Mother's Day is winding down here, so let me wish all mothers everywhere, on Earth or in heaven, a Happy Mother's Day.

dmway-I forgot about your mom's passing.  I'm very sorry.  My head was askew and I forgot.  Please pardon me.  You have my respect for starting this thread.  I hope you had a great Mother's Day and felt a sweet peace.  I'm sorry.

7 hours ago, Manohlive said:

dmway-I forgot about your mom's passing.  I'm very sorry.  My head was askew and I forgot.  Please pardon me.  You have my respect for starting this thread.  I hope you had a great Mother's Day and felt a sweet peace.  I'm sorry.

No apology necessary! She is in a better place.

Since I had started a Mother’s Day thread last year, I didn’t want there not to be one here this year - that’s all,

It’s all good.