Malahide

Australian Tour 2019 Rumours [TOPICS MERGED]

Website U2start.com posted on Twitter (@U2start) the following on September 14:

"U2 crew members were asked for time commitments between August and December 2019 to bring U2 finally back to Australia"

• Upvote 1

You’d have to think if Australia 🇦🇺 is on then New Zealand 🇳🇿 and Japan 🇯🇵 are probable. Maybe Hawaii again?! 

Possibly. At the end of the E&I tour it was reported that U2 have asked their crew to make time for the second half of 2019, which apparently will be for some Aus/New Zealand shows (https://www.u2songs.com/news/ready_for_whats_next), AND, according to latest rumours, could be Joshua Tree shows. https://www.atu2.com/news/article/rumor-u2-to-bring-joshua-tree-tour-to-oceania-this-year.html

I am hearing an announcement will be made on Friday the 5th at 2pm Sydney time....

Please keep in mind that while there are rumours, they are only that. If there is an official announcement, it will be posted on the the main page of U2.com and in here. 

Also, please use good judgement and do not make travel plans based on rumours. 

Posted (edited)

That’s it I’m selling the house and moving to Sydney........

cobber vegemite Sheila Tim tam.....

Edited by doctornickriviera

On 4/1/2019 at 1:08 PM, wallabydan said:

I am hearing an announcement will be made on Friday the 5th at 2pm Sydney time....

I thinks it’s Monday now. 

Maybe with two nights at most cities the band may think of doing one night doing ie/ei shows and the second night for JT. I think both have been ruled out but with 2 nights it would make sense to fit in as much as possible. Would be good to see...

Could finally do an innocent night & an experience night. Won't happen of course.

Posted (edited)

The rumoured Monday announcement turned out to be for Queen. So there probably won't be an announcement for a while yet.

Edited by ddarroch

Had hoped to hear about plans for a 2019 Tour by now - have just listened to the 2 new downloads and its reminded me of just how good this band is live right now, 

Experience was such a great tour - I think we need a Zootopians only gig some time soon ?

Any rumours on when I need to book flights from the UK to Malaysia or Australia or New Zealand?

As of right now, there isn't any tour or tour announcement expected.

If/When there is one, please wait for official news - it will be published on the main site, on u2 official social media and here in Zootopia. Please do not make plans based on rumors...

Thanks.

• Sad 2

That’s a shame. The Aussies were convinced that a Short Australia NZ Japan tour was in the way, but sadly for them this appears to be untrue

I have folloved a link, U2 songs, with a lot of update regarding a tour in NZ, Australia, Singapore and Tokyo and now it seems to be closed. I am going on holiday to Australia from Norway and wanted so bad to see my favourite band while I was there. Havn’t booked any flight yet - does anyone know for sure that the tour is just rumors?

just a rumour at this stage sadly. Max is a moderator here and has explicitly said there isn’t any tour announcement expected. So for now I’d run with that. Australia is an absolutely fabulous place to visit and you’ll have a great time with or without U2

Then why was it just announced that Noel Gallagher will be U2’s opening??

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, hillpy2 said:

Eh? I've checked all of Noel's social media & websites, newest updates are relating to his new single/EP, nothing about U2 on there at all. 

EDIT: apart from this. Posted purely for laughs. https://www.nme.com/news/music/noel-gallagher-says-hed-choose-bono-to-help-him-get-rid-of-a-dead-boy-2483918

Edited by peterferris8
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, hillpy2 said:

If you are referring to the U2songs article, these are merely rumours. As Max said, as of now, there is no official announcements. 

If/when there is something official to announce you will find it on the news section of the official site (meaning u2.com), the official social media band accounts and here in Zootopia.

Please do not plan anything before any official announcement...

• Like 1

On 4/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, peterferris8 said:

U2songs have compiled a list of all the rumours & info they have. Latest update comes from two days ago. Not Innocence/Experience or Joshua Tree apparently. https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

This link you quoted has now been updated; apparently, the tour is a done deal, and the official announcement will be after the Australian elections (which occur on the 18th of this month).

Get ready, Oz and beyond! 😎 🇦🇺 🇳🇿 🇯🇵 

• Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1