Jump to content
Malahide

Australian Tour 2019 Rumours [TOPICS MERGED]

Recommended Posts

So it's less than a year and they have a new stadium tour?  These guys are amazing.   How, with taking a break, is that possible?   I love this band.  I'd accuse them of being AI had I not just seen EI.   Wow. (unofficially expressed, of course) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone heard anything else about an AU/NZ tour late this year or early next?  I am a U2 fan of 30+ years and have a 4.5 year old who's biggest wish is to see U2 play live! And with a potential AU/NZ tour, I have convinced my Dublin-born Irish husband that we have to make the journey from Philly as I am too nervous to wait and see when we'll be blessed with our next US tour. Fingers crossed the guys can make something happen down under! Oh and bonus to get to visit such an amazing part of the world that we have always wanted to see :)

Thanks in advance for any insights here :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, GloriaVox said:

Anyone heard anything else about an AU/NZ tour late this year or early next?  I am a U2 fan of 30+ years and have a 4.5 year old who's biggest wish is to see U2 play live! And with a potential AU/NZ tour, I have convinced my Dublin-born Irish husband that we have to make the journey from Philly as I am too nervous to wait and see when we'll be blessed with our next US tour. Fingers crossed the guys can make something happen down under! Oh and bonus to get to visit such an amazing part of the world that we have always wanted to see :)

Thanks in advance for any insights here :)

 

On 4/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, peterferris8 said:

U2songs have compiled a list of all the rumours & info they have. Latest update comes from two days ago. Not Innocence/Experience or Joshua Tree apparently. https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

 

On 5/6/2019 at 4:19 AM, dmway said:

This link you quoted has now been updated; apparently, the tour is a done deal, and the official announcement will be after the Australian elections (which occur on the 18th of this month).

Get ready, Oz and beyond! 😎 🇦🇺 🇳🇿 🇯🇵 

The link in the post that Peter made (the middle one of these three quoted) has the most current news - just click on it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/9/2019 at 9:33 AM, peterferris8 said:

U2songs have compiled a list of all the rumours & info they have. Latest update comes from two days ago. Not Innocence/Experience or Joshua Tree apparently. https://www.u2songs.com/news/rumours_nz_australia_asia_u2_tour_in_2019

...and this link has been updated again.

Apparently, the announcement will be early next week, Australian time (thus, if you live in the Americas and points east, you may get the word late Sunday, if the announcement is Monday morning from Down Under).

Also rumored to be using the JT anniversary staging and thus JT likely to feature prominently in the setlist, but perhaps not the full album like two years ago.

It looks like tentative planning now may be warranted. 😎

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

U2start has TENTATIVE dates posted for the Austro-Asian tour on pg. 224 of the appropriate thread there.

It seems to be coming... 😎

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, dmway said:

 seems to be coming... 😎

I can't afford to go but the live thread makes it all good.   Very, very exciting.  Thanks, dmway. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, dmway said:

U2start has TENTATIVE dates posted for the Austro-Asian tour on pg. 224 of the appropriate thread there.

It seems to be coming... 😎

 

That post was made by a new user on U2start, so take it with a grain of salt, & don't book anything that is non-refundable.

The itinerary looks just about right, but there are errors. The Sydney concerts will almost certainly be at ANZ stadium (not the SCG), as a planned refurbishment of ANZ has been delayed until at least 2020. ANZ is Sydney's preferred large concert venue, Metallica is booked to play there in October 2019, Queen February 2020.

Remy believes there's at least one other error in the post.

Edit: it's now all up on Ticketmaster NZ!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ddarroch said:

That post was made by a new user on U2start, so take it with a grain of salt, & don't book anything that is non-refundable.

The itinerary looks just about right, but there are errors. The Sydney concerts will almost certainly be at ANZ stadium (not the SCG), as a planned refurbishment of ANZ has been delayed until at least 2020. ANZ is Sydney's preferred large concert venue, Metallica is booked to play there in October 2019, Queen February 2020.

Remy believes there's at least one other error in the post.

Edit: it's now all up on Ticketmaster NZ!

...and that’s why you should stop being so skeptical! 😄

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/u2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, dmway said:

...and that’s why you should stop being so skeptical! 😄

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/u2

Who's being skeptical? Have you read my posts? I started a thread about the Japan tour. I've been posting about the tour on u2start, & have an acquaintance who works on the tours.

I was saying don't book stuff until it's announced. I'd expect the above post being referenced on u2start has errors, which I was highlighting. You're more than welcome to book a hotel near the SCG, a long, long way from where U2 will actually be playing in Sydney 😜 

Another hint, look at the TENTATIVE dates from the post on U2start that you're mentioning. The Perth dates don't add up, 3 free days before Perth, one free day after Perth (unlikely).

Edited by ddarroch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This must be real, no way Ticketmaster would announce this if not? According to U2songs the tour would be announced on Monday!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The difference is IF you search by your own on Tickemaster you found NOTHING under U2 but IF you use the link you find that Picture, strange isn´t it ? You will also find still U2360 on the Tickemaster Server. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dmway said:

...and that’s why you should stop being so skeptical! 😄

https://www.ticketmaster.com.au/u2

 

1 hour ago, ddarroch said:

Who's being skeptical? Have you read my posts? I started a thread about the Japan tour. I've been posting about the tour on u2start, & have an acquaintance who works on the tours.

I was saying don't book stuff until it's announced. I'd expect the above post being referenced on u2start has errors, which I was highlighting. You're more than welcome to book a hotel near the SCG, a long, long way from where U2 will actually be playing in Sydney 😜 

Another hint, look at the TENTATIVE dates from the post on U2start that you're mentioning. The Perth dates don't add up, 3 free days before Perth, one free day after Perth (unlikely).

...and please look at my posts.

Where have I ever said or implied for people to book?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The best thing to do when rumours are flying every which way, is to just be patient and wait for official news from U2.com if/when it occurs.

And remember, please do not book flights, hotels, etc based on the rumours that are coming right now.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dmway said:

 

...and please look at my posts.

Where have I ever said or implied for people to book?

 

I never said that you implied any such thing.

You mentioned that the u2start post included TENTATIVE dates, which was good. I just highlighted the fact that the u2start post appeared to have errors, so it would be unwise to book anything (non-refundable of course).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
44 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

I never said that you implied any such thing.

You mentioned that the u2start post included TENTATIVE dates, which was good. I just highlighted the fact that the u2start post appeared to have errors, so it would be unwise to book anything (non-refundable of course).

What people chose to do with the information posted would be their own business. I was merely making people aware of it. Not every U2 fan goes to every U2 site. I came across the information by accident and posted it here since there is obviously great interest.

I also think that virtually all fans here would be intelligent enough not to make any firm plans rashly.

I made it quite clear in every post I made that the information was not concrete. However, this is the best indication so far that something is definitely happening.

 

Edited by dmway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please do not make this (or any other rumors) a contest about X,Y or Z... if/when there's something firm and concrete you will find all the official information on the main site. Please do not make any plans until there is official information...

thanks

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Monday Monday Monday!   In four days we know a tour is going to be announced. It's in countries that have not had tours since Vertigo.  It may, or may not be, here or there.  This is a great thing either way. Thanks for the link, dmway. It's really nice not to have to search for it. I love the black background with the white fonts.  Could you now arrange for the entire internet to do it like that?   😎   

They are touring!  Yee Haw. We should all meet in-between and dance together..  I'd like to see Mich and Max spinning vinyl in the DJ booth.  :Bananaphisto:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see 3 dates in Australia have been booked I wonder where else they will be going.

its got to be a Scottish gig 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, clarky46 said:

I see 3 dates in Australia have been booked I wonder where else they will be going.

its got to be a Scottish gig 

You are the embodiment of the old expression “hope springs eternal”! 😄

I hope you get your wish. 🍀

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay, so Joshua Tree shows after all. This is just going to make me nostalgic for The Joshua Tree show I was at now! 

What I do hope for this is that they find some way to fit SOI/E tracks into the set as well, because they’ve only done those songs in the US & Europe (unless you count Best Thing being played on The Joshua Tree tour in South America).  

One thing I also noted from u2songs was “we have been told the band will start work on a new album after this tour.” Even more good news!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, peterferris8 said:

Okay, so Joshua Tree shows after all. This is just going to make me nostalgic for The Joshua Tree show I was at now! 

What I do hope for this is that they find some way to fit SOI/E tracks into the set as well, because they’ve only done those songs in the US & Europe (unless you count Best Thing being played on The Joshua Tree tour in South America).  

One thing I also noted from u2songs was “we have been told the band will start work on a new album after this tour.” Even more good news!

Yes, the setlist is the most intriguing part in speculating before the shows actually take place. Obviously, JT, SOI, and SOE will feature prominently (as they should); however, that doesn't leave a big proportion of the set left over for songs that people want to hear and/or the band feel like playing.

I think that "Acrobat" would have to be played again (thus, MacPhisto should be going Down Under as well :MacPhisto_05: ) - but the rest of the set, my goodness, how would you pick the few slots left over?

Yes, and a new U2 album is always good news! :Bananaphisto:

Edited by dmway
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/3/2019 at 1:10 AM, doctornickriviera said:

 

 

Before the webpages were pulled, Ticketmaster was even sending my newsfeed ads about buying U2 tickets. Somebody is going to get raked over the coals for the leak (unless it was all strategically leaked on purpose). 😂

Screenshot_20190517-095047.png

 

Edited by ddarroch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, peterferris8 said:

Okay, so Joshua Tree shows after all. This is just going to make me nostalgic for The Joshua Tree show I was at now! 

What I do hope for this is that they find some way to fit SOI/E tracks into the set as well, because they’ve only done those songs in the US & Europe (unless you count Best Thing being played on The Joshua Tree tour in South America).  

One thing I also noted from u2songs was “we have been told the band will start work on a new album after this tour.” Even more good news!

Yeah, I'm hoping for substantial changes from what we saw in 2017. I'd like it all to feel new & fresh, which might be difficult with the stage design (I was hoping for a redesigned b-stage for Lovetown30).  I hope quite a few SoI/SoE songs make the cut. Acrobat & The Blackout are both monster tunes, as is Exit! It would be awesome if they're all played. Blackout with that giant screen could be killer!

Edited by ddarroch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, clarky46 said:

its got to be a Scottish gig 

I can't stop laughing.  I would have missed this joke had dmway not given you a haha.  I'm American but that is brilliant.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...