Sign in to follow this  
Malahide

Australian Tour 2019 Rumours [TOPICS MERGED]

Posted (edited)

A friend who has a contact involved in the tour has said that it will indeed be visiting the SCG in Sydney. Very unexpected, as it'll be in the cricket season, & it's capacity is only 48,000. But welcome news. This venue is much more convenient for tourists wanting to see the show, & the city. Though, as it's a cricket ground (large oval field), anyone in seats will be much further away than they'd be at a rectangular football field.

Edited by ddarroch

The imagery seems like the one variable with which they could play, presuming they are revamping the JT tour and set we got. .  I'm anxious to see how they segue from EI back into TJT. for another tour. It would be great if they could incorporate some of Pop back into the set. I'm also interested to hear how Bono addresses politics, particularly in Seoul.     

• Like 1

From what I’ve seen, that  JT tour screen was was way beyond awesome!! I wish I’d seen that tour....

I know the tour hasn’t been announced yet, but I see the poster say that you will have to use your mobile as your ticket. I’m from Norway, does anyone have any experience with this? I guess you won’t get access to Ticketmaster.au until you are in Australia? 

1 hour ago, trinesandhaug said:

I know the tour hasn’t been announced yet, but I see the poster say that you will have to use your mobile as your ticket. I’m from Norway, does anyone have any experience with this? I guess you won’t get access to Ticketmaster.au until you are in Australia? 

Please wait... first for any official confirmation about a tour. Once/If this happens, please wait for official information about how it will work...

• Like 1

On 5/17/2019 at 1:25 AM, mich40 said:

The best thing to do when rumours are flying every which way, is to just be patient and wait for official news from U2.com if/when it occurs.

And remember, please do not book flights, hotels, etc based on the rumours that are coming right now.

Ive already booked flights & hotels...

of course I’m joking...

got to check the frequent flier points accounts.

got to check the hotel loyalty points totals

got to check with spouse as to permission for son and I to take a little trip

got to provide spouse best birthday gift ever in June( I know, I know, everyone naturally is thinking it would be a great gift to go to a U2 concert with her in NZ or Aus - but, alas, she does not care for them so much. I'm far from perfect as well, so life goes on ! )

I mentioned politics.  Ick.  Make that: It will be interesting to hear how Bono words their message, particularly in Seoul. 

Waiting...waiting...surely Monday is the day. 

I’m curious to see the exact routing and what the final show will be - I’m so tempted to try to see one/two (if it’s a two show city) of these shows. The setlist may be different than anywhere else in that there’s a possibility of a mash up of i+e/TJT/e+i since these cities didn’t see any of the three. 

On 5/18/2019 at 1:53 PM, kings said:

Waiting...waiting...surely Monday is the day. 

Surely not 😂 This is getting a bit crazy, with all these delays, but hopefully we'll know something soon.

Posted (edited)
59 minutes ago, lovetowntourist said:

It´s Monday 13:32 Sydney Time and …...😂🤣😂 Don´t beLIEve the Hype  

I was stuck listening to Triple M from 6am onwards, waiting for an announcement. Gave up when my ears started bleeding after hearing Phil Collins.

Edited by ddarroch

Eagerly awaiting the news in the US!! Fingers crossed we hear something soon! Thank you to everyone for all the thoughts and updates over the last couple of weeks!

:JT:

I think I saw something on the U2 start site which mentioned the tour announcement had been delayed to next week and was mentioned by a radio station in Australia.  Fingers crossed until next week!

Posted (edited)

Looks like it will, Saitama Super Arena, 4-5 Dec

:Bananaphisto:

Edited by ddarroch

I’ve already started queuing at ANZ Stadium.

• Haha 1

And the SCG apparently 

• Haha 1

Haha! Bankwest would have been so much better 😂

Dont come to New Zealand and Australia until you are about to release a new album COME DOWN UNDERFIRST. THANKS.

If you must come now make sure you play Spark Arena in Auckland thanks

10 hours ago, GloriaVox said:

Yes yet another article reporting the rumored tour: 

https://www.theherald.com.au/story/6181052/kiss-and-u2-to-go-head-to-head-in-battle-for-rock-fans/?cs=7594 

And btw, saw Kiss in the US and they were great of course, but NO MATCH for U2!! Naturally U2 being the greatest band in the world brings its fan the BEST concerts! 

Lol, that’s my local newspaper.

And you don’t only get a ticket to see Kiss, you get a ticket to all 3 days of the V8 Supercars Race too !

https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/dramatic-final-lap-of-the-coates-hire-newcastle-500/

21 hours ago, xrayjets said:

And you don’t only get a ticket to see Kiss, you get a ticket to all 3 days of the V8 Supercars Race too !

https://www.supercars.com/videos/championship/dramatic-final-lap-of-the-coates-hire-newcastle-500/

Well that's my decision made. Kiss and 3 days of car racing vs U2? No contest!

U2...duh 🤣

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Yeah, don't see them eating into the U2 demand. I'd expect it to be those that are Newcastle locals, those who love Kiss, & those who love supercars. Not your average U2 crowd.

I'm planning to be at a cricket ground that night, watching my favourite band 😂

Edited by ddarroch