Max Tsukino

U2 Tour 2019 Annoucement Live Thread

1 hour ago, fragrant said:

You are welcome, @mich40 ! Right now I'm researching pick-up details for 7-11s and once I better understand, will post.

In an earlier post I mentioned viewing videos to learn how to pick up, but have yet to find an online resource/video specifically about 7-11 pick up. Hope not to have misled folks looking for help. 

Put out word to Ticket Pia, and possibly fans who purchased have contacted them, too.

Congrats to everyone heading to Saitama!

• Like 1

Just now, mich40 said:

Codes are for your personal use only and cannot be transferred/used by anyone else. All ticketing code use is audited and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

Thanks Mich, appreciate the quick response and clarification. It has been a while since I've used their pre-sale codes.

Cheers.

1 minute ago, larrymull said:

Thanks Mich, appreciate the quick response and clarification. It has been a while since I've used their pre-sale codes.

Cheers.

No problem. Don't want anyone getting in trouble.

Aaargghhh, Missed RZ again for Sydney!!!! Oh well, guess I'll try in live nation pre sale and failing that hope for better luck on the second night when they announce it in pre sale (all things going well I'm sure there will be another). Im sure these pre sales take years off my life! Lol!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coleena said:

Aaargghhh, Missed RZ again for Sydney!!!! Oh well, guess I'll try in live nation pre sale and failing that hope for better luck on the second night when they announce it in pre sale (all things going well I'm sure there will be another). Im sure these pre sales take years off my life! Lol!

keep checking periodically... it's possible that some (RED) Zone tickets become available during the presale duration up until the end...

1 minute ago, coleena said:

I'm surprised so many GA's left though....

Also, remember that the (RED) Zone tickets are highly coveted.. it's not unusual that they go in seconds. And since it's a small zone, the ratio offer/demand adds to the difficulty to get them...

if you have found GA tickets left, consider them instead...

Yep I got one GA just in case! If I get RZ later then some lucky punter will get my GA on way in!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bigwave said:

worked fine and quick for me

Bigwave’s coming down under ??!!

Wow, a great big thanks to our Mods for their work helping us out today, especially as they aren’t in our (Aus/NZ/Japan) time zones 😔

62A2B337-E813-47DB-A1C6-C293B271B4E9.jpeg

• Like 4

4 hours ago, StephOnTour87 said:

Got tickets for 12/4 and 12/5 !!! HELLO TOKYO :)

I also got SS tickets for Tokyo, but my email/confirmation gives me no idea in which section I am in or what row, seats, etc.  How to get this info, is there a different site we are supposed to go to and enter our Ticket Number or Order Number? I'd sure love to know where I will be sitting after buying these expensive tickets!

16 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

It seems that this will be how it will work... we are waiting for an update which hopefully makes the information about the procedure more clear. Please keep checking the site and the FAQ section...

Thanks @Max Tsukino! Fingers crossed the pre registration site is open for a couple of days. - and not just for two hours before it shuts down.  Although normally based in China, I am doing this from Germany.... so some sleep would be great 😉

Posted (edited)

Ok, feeling pretty stupid here. Can anyone tell me how to see the different seat categories on the Adelaide venue map so that I can actually see where the seats are? The Ticketek site wants me to choose a seat category but doesn’t tell me where the seats are. I can’t even make the map bigger without it going blurry. Any ideas please? 

Nevermind! Just gave up trying to buy seats and got RZ instead. More expensive but at least I can see where it is!

Edited by kastee
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Sorry. I was thinking about regular tickets. My mistake. Apologies.

Please wait until further instructions about Saitama (RED) Zone.

They updated the delivery notification : 

Pick up at "Seven-Eleven" stores in Japan *But except for (RED) ZONE STANDING

Just got this email from PIA:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets for U2 show at Saitama Super Arena.

We would like to notify you that there is an error on Delivery method displayed on purchase confirmation e-mail.
We are deeply sorry for any trouble caused by the error.

<ERROR>
*Delivery method
pick up at Seven-Eleven stores in Japan
You can pick up ticket(s) at Seven-Eleven stores after 24hours you bougnt.

<CORRECTION>
[RED ZONE]
-Details of backstage lottery will be announced later date on below link
https://www.u2japan2019.com/

[STANDING FRONT/REAR, SS/S/A SEAT]
Tickets must be picked up at a Seven-Eleven store in Japan prior to the show, and will not be issued at the venue.
Tickets will be available for pick up from 20th November (Wed) from 10:00am.
When picking up your ticket(s), you will be required to show your e-mail purchase confirmation to store staff. Please ensure you print this in advance or are able to access it on your mobile device.
After the staff have confirmed the Ticket Number shown in your e-mail purchase, they will print your ticket(s).

We apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused by our mistake.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the venue."

• Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, kastee said:

Ok, feeling pretty stupid here. Can anyone tell me how to see the different seat categories on the Adelaide venue map so that I can actually see where the seats are? The Ticketek site wants me to choose a seat category but doesn’t tell me where the seats are. I can’t even make the map bigger without it going blurry. Any ideas please? 

Nevermind! Just gave up trying to buy seats and got RZ instead. More expensive but at least I can see where it is!

it was the same for me with the Ticketmaster Map for Perth. I couldn't see where the seat numbers were. I had to choose from what blocks they had allocated to the pre-sale. 

this is why pre-sale is probably better value for those seeking GA & RED ZONE cause you know exactly what you are getting and they are sought after. at first I was a bit miffed that I couldn't choose from any block but I'm ok with it now cause, I got my seats and I don't have to go up against everyone in the public sale. there will be tens of thousands of people trying for the public sale and I don't want to get an ERROR message or whatever Ticketmaster put up when there are too many people online. 

GooseAvatar.jpg

Edited by BigBunny
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, TimFid said:

Just got this email from PIA:

"Thank you for purchasing tickets for U2 show at Saitama Super Arena.

We would like to notify you that there is an error on Delivery method displayed on purchase confirmation e-mail.
We are deeply sorry for any trouble caused by the error.

<ERROR>
*Delivery method
pick up at Seven-Eleven stores in Japan
You can pick up ticket(s) at Seven-Eleven stores after 24hours you bougnt.

<CORRECTION>
[RED ZONE]
-Details of backstage lottery will be announced later date on below link
https://www.u2japan2019.com/

[STANDING FRONT/REAR, SS/S/A SEAT]
Tickets must be picked up at a Seven-Eleven store in Japan prior to the show, and will not be issued at the venue.
Tickets will be available for pick up from 20th November (Wed) from 10:00am.
When picking up your ticket(s), you will be required to show your e-mail purchase confirmation to store staff. Please ensure you print this in advance or are able to access it on your mobile device.
After the staff have confirmed the Ticket Number shown in your e-mail purchase, they will print your ticket(s).

We apologize for the inconvenience and trouble caused by our mistake.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the venue."

I received the same. They should avoid the words <ERROR> or deeply sorry, in their communication emails, especially when you ordered tickets from overseas. It had the same effect on me than the 'bomb' word in a plane. Pretty scary !

Posted (edited)

The process was fairly easy yesterday for Melbourne and Adelaide, only a couple of hiccups. If you haven't gotten tickets yet and plan to, keep another CC on hand during the purchase process in case your bank declines the purchase. Mine did because I had first purchased tickets from Ticketmaster for Melbourne and then tried through Ticketek to purchase for Adelaide. Apparently on the 2nd purchase the bank was afraid it was fraud seeing as how it was two international purchases so I had to enter another credit card number for the 2nd purchase and then dealt with my bank after I had the Adelaide purchase squared away.

Also, when dealing with Ticketmaster, if you are purchasing from another country, you must click on the "other Country" box to complete the e-tickets purchase. It's in the upper left corner of the purchase page. And also know your international phone code because you will have to enter the complete number where they are to send your e-ticket. If coming from the US, it's +1 and then your 10 digit cell number.

On another note, does anyone know the price of RZ for Melbourne and Sydney?

Edited by malaboo
add question

I bought Sydney Red Zone yesterday within one minute of them going on sale. Process was seamless and the price was 515 AUD or $361 USD.

I know it November is a long way away,but just noticed collecter tickets will be dispatched a month before gig,I got two for myself n my nephew who lives in Sydney,I’m heading over from Ireland on the Wednesday before,now I sent a Christmas card last year from Ireland my nephew n his wife got it 6 weeks later☹️😒,Jesus a month??anyone ever come across this 

Has anyone had experience with trying for Red Zone in general on sale (re Sydney)? Wonder what the odds are?! I was able to get two in my basket in the first seconds of first pre sale but the payment froze and wouldn't process. I think my fault now in hindsight as put my mastercard cvc in instead of my amex, and forgot I swapped them over as payment method duh!!!!!!! Very stupid!

And still GA showing available for Sydney - makes we wonder how well it's selling? I didn't think GA usually hung around this long... Maybe because us diehard fans are aging with a bit more disposable income, and hence the demand for RZ over GA now, lol!!!! 

28 minutes ago, coleena said:

Has anyone had experience with trying for Red Zone in general on sale (re Sydney)? Wonder what the odds are?! I was able to get two in my basket in the first seconds of first pre sale but the payment froze and wouldn't process. I think my fault now in hindsight as put my mastercard cvc in instead of my amex, and forgot I swapped them over as payment method duh!!!!!!! Very stupid!

I don’t know about this tour stop (obvi) but I managed to get two RZ for the opening night in Vancouver of the JT 2017 during the public sale.  

I lucked out and was able to grab 2 RZ for Sydney this time so hope to see you there!!!