Max Tsukino

U2 Tour 2019 Annoucement Live Thread

2 hours ago, pheonix said:

I know it November is a long way away,but just noticed collecter tickets will be dispatched a month before gig,I got two for myself n my nephew who lives in Sydney,I’m heading over from Ireland on the Wednesday before,now I sent a Christmas card last year from Ireland my nephew n his wife got it 6 weeks later☹️😒,Jesus a month??anyone ever come across this 

You may want to check with Ticketmaster about your tickets. This is from their website: 

**Collector tickets are not eligible for General Admission entry. Collector Tickets are not available to those without a valid Australian address. You must provide an Australian postal address to receive Collector Tickets. The exception to this is the VIP Party Experience which can be collected from the Venue on event day.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com.au/music/u2-10759?int_cmp_name=U2&int_cmp_id=AU-Home-701&int_cmp_creative=Home-main-1&tm_link=tm_ccp_Home_main_U2&_ga=2.51978859.336577548.1559660798-1956247215.1559414465

Posted (edited)

Is it too soon to start a petition (on-site and/or off) to request a show in Honolulu after the end of the Asian dates?

They didn’t play there two years ago and it’s in the mid-Pacific.

Just sayin’... 😎

Edited by dmway
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, pheonix said:

I know it November is a long way away,but just noticed collecter tickets will be dispatched a month before gig,I got two for myself n my nephew who lives in Sydney,I’m heading over from Ireland on the Wednesday before,now I sent a Christmas card last year from Ireland my nephew n his wife got it 6 weeks later☹️😒,Jesus a month??anyone ever come across this 

36 minutes ago, mich40 said:

You may want to check with Ticketmaster about your tickets. This is from their website: 

**Collector tickets are not eligible for General Admission entry. Collector Tickets are not available to those without a valid Australian address. You must provide an Australian postal address to receive Collector Tickets. The exception to this is the VIP Party Experience which can be collected from the Venue on event day.

https://blog.ticketmaster.com.au/music/u2-10759?int_cmp_name=U2&int_cmp_id=AU-Home-701&int_cmp_creative=Home-main-1&tm_link=tm_ccp_Home_main_U2&_ga=2.51978859.336577548.1559660798-1956247215.1559414465

Just had an additional thought, sounds like you are probably going to the Sydney show. You should check with Ticketek. 

4 hours ago, Sarajane said:

I bought Sydney Red Zone yesterday within one minute of them going on sale. Process was seamless and the price was 515 AUD or $361 USD.

It seems a complete lottery in terms of who manages to secure Red Zone for Sydney. My sister and I tried for ~45 mins yesterday, from 3pm on the dot, while it offered Red Zone but then said it was not able to provide the quantity we were ordering, even when we tried to buy one at a time. Then eventually it greyed out the Red Zone option and said the allocation was exhausted.

I decided to just grab general admission instead, which means I at least have a bird in hand. Will try again for Red Zone in the Live Nation presale, but I'm certain the number of people competing in that presale is going to be many times greater.

Posted (edited)
16 hours ago, coleena said:

I'm surprised so many GA's left though....

The SCG has a monster field though, at least 1.5 times the size of a football field, 20 times the size of an arena floor. All the Aussie venues have massive fields (as they are cricket/AFL grounds). With the exception of Brisbane's Suncorp stadium (which is a football ground).

Edited by ddarroch

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

The SCG has a monster field though, at least 1.5 times the size of a football field, 20 times the size of an arena floor. All the Aussie venues have massive fields (as they are cricket/AFL grounds). With the exception of Brisbane's Suncorp stadium (which is a football ground).

the SCG field is small compared to other AFL venues. it's a shorter ground, just look where the 50 metre line is to the centre square. 

Dfu5MRKUEAErId9.jpg

so for those in GA in Sydney it will be smaller than Perth's Optus Stadium and Melbourne's Marvel. which means a few less people in GA.

here's Optus

E37_Perth_Stadium_Open_Day_089.JPG

GooseAvatar.jpg

Edited by BigBunny

Posted (edited)
26 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

the SCG field is small compared to other AFL venues. it's a shorter ground, just look where the 50 metre line is to the square. 

so for those in GA in Sydney it will be smaller than Perth's Optus Stadium and Melbourne's Marvel. which means a few less people in GA.

GooseAvatar.jpg

The SCG is certainly much shorter than the long-skinny Adelaide Oval. But it's quite similar in size to most AFL grounds  (shorter, a little wider), relative to rectangular football fields anyway. It's smaller than the massive MCG, but is actually larger than Marvel Stadium.

Here's a link, Marvel shown by it's former name, Etihad stadium.

https://m.portadelaidefc.com.au/news/2014-03-27/skinny-flat-meet-the-slimmed-down-adelaide-oval

Optus isn't in here, it wasn't built. But it's big, & appears to be 165m x 130m.

For reference, Suncorp's field is 136m x 82m. An area of just over 10,000sqm.

Edited by ddarroch

Posted (edited)

@ddarroch for some reason on tv the SCG looks shorter and not as wide as Marvel hmmm

I know Optus is a big field. I haven't been there yet but I'll know in October 😎 I mean look at this!

optus-stadium-blog.jpg

Edited by BigBunny
changed photo

Posted (edited)

Yeah, looks like it'd be a great atmosphere. Big stadium, with steep tiers.

Have to admit I'm not an AFL fan, so not that knowledgeable. Thought I'd heard Sydney was unusual, shorter, wider. So makes the play a bit different.

Being a cricket fan I know all about Adelaide Oval, very long & narrow. Batters should try to play square, to the shorter boundaries. Bowlers should keep the ball up, forcing batters to hit straight.

Have to admit I'm just basing a lot on that table in the link. Mightn't be accurate, as I've seen different dimensions being talked about for the MCG, while looking for info on Optus.

I'm going to do my best, & be down on the field. So the size the ground shouldn't effect me much 😂

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, dmway said:

Is it too soon to start a petition (on-site and/or off) to request a show in Honolulu after the end of the Asian dates?

They didn’t play there two years ago and it’s in the mid-Pacific.

Just sayin’... 😎

I'd totally sign your petition.

• Like 1

this guy can't wait for the Perth show!

1488330286332.png

• Like 1

11 hours ago, BigBunny said:

@ddarroch for some reason on tv the SCG looks shorter and not as wide as Marvel hmmm

I know Optus is a big field. I haven't been there yet but I'll know in October 😎 I mean look at this!

optus-stadium-blog.jpg

Wow... even the giant Joshua stage will look tiny in this place !

18 hours ago, andryu2 said:

I'd totally sign your petition.

Thank you for the support! 😎

I’ll try to come up with something soon.

BUT, back to the happy U2 fans of  🇦🇺🇳🇿🇯🇵 🇰🇷 and 🇸🇬 (eventually) for now! 😎

• Like 1

Does anyone know anything about a change of date for Adelaide? This was on Facebook:

E0AD7158-EFB8-405C-9E98-EFABE9240CE3.png

Most likely a typo...

Any official change to anything would be announced on U2.com, their official social media accounts and here in Zootopia...

ETA: Here's the official information I've found:

U2.com Tours Page:

Adelaide U2com.png

Ticketek:
Adelaide Ticketek.png
U2 Facebook:
Adelaide U2.png

No mention about any reschedule or any additional date...
Could you please let us know from where that information comes?

16 hours ago, BigBunny said:

this guy can't wait for the Perth show!

1488330286332.png

I am so ridiculously excited to see quokkas on Rottnest Island! Possibly more than U2...or at least as much. 😃

• Like 1

3 hours ago, kastee said:

Does anyone know anything about a change of date for Adelaide? This was on Facebook:

E0AD7158-EFB8-405C-9E98-EFABE9240CE3.png

Must be a typo, the Live Nation presale email has correct date😊

2 hours ago, stateless said:

I am so ridiculously excited to see quokkas on Rottnest Island! Possibly more than U2...or at least as much. 😃

are you in Australia or from overseas? I haven't been to Rotto since 1994. I was on a high school Art camp. one evening I opened the fly screen door to the dorm I was in and there was a slight bang. I looked down and a Quokka was looking up at me 😦 I was worried I'd hurt him/her that I even said "I'm sorry". here's some famous selfies for ya 😉

53197051_299728530692890_674638184921306

^ Chris Hemsworth

1553207615473_GBK24H1T2.1-1.jpg?imwidth=

^ Matt Damon

9570260-3x2-940x627.jpg

^ Margot Robbie

1521500979848_GIV1HCA38.2-0.png?imwidth=

^ Roger Federer

and now for the greatest Quokka selfie ever taken so far in the history of humankind... say cheese! 😁 

1527903605279_G7F1LCNQ2.1-2.jpg?imwidth=

Posted (edited)

Props to whomever is a part of these presales going well.  It's heartening to observe.  I hope the mods' sleep schedules are not too disrupted.  Rock on U2. 

Edited by Manohlive
grammar
  • Like 1

Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney Presale has ended.