Max Tsukino

U2 Tour 2019 Annoucement Live Thread

8 minutes ago, girl1953 said:

Hello, If I buy 4 tickets in presale and pay for those with 1 credit card. Can I use that same credit card again to buy tickets for another show in the generale sale?

That should be fine. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, bigwave said:

try changing your email address in your https://www.u2.com/profile page. Some email servers seem to randomly block emails from U2.com. Yahoo emails I have noticed are prone to this, some others, so also try an email with a different provider (e.g. if your existing Profile page is using yahoo mail, try a google mail instead etc.).

Might take a cycle or 2 emails for you to receive to new email address, but if it works, please let us know

Thanks very much bigwave. FYI, my email is Gmail, & I have whitelisted @u2.com. I'll change the email address to Hotmail & see how I go.

Cheers

Edited by ddarroch

1 hour ago, pheonix said:

Anyone ever gone red zone?is it worth it ,???

Definitely worth it in my opinion.  I did Joshua Tree red zone at Twickenham.  There was loads of space to jump around and dance and you could be just a few rows back if you turned up really late (if that’s what you want).  I wasn’t in a position to queue and stand around for days before and all day on the day and this was so worth it.  It was perfect.  The only disadvantage possibly (and it’s not a biggie)  is that a lot of the show, the band are in the tree and slightly with their backs to you as the tree juts out a bit further than the end of the red zone BUT you still had incredible views as they went up and down the ‘stem’ of the tree and the rail at the front of the stage ( not along the tree trunk) was virtually empty.  Bono and  Edge wandered over a fair bit, Adam was often there having a good pose.  When they are centre main stage - they are not as close to the red zone as they are when they are on the tree, as the red zone is to the left of the main stage.  You have to look over the tree walkway to see them then if that makes sense.   There is no crowding and there are even little seat things around the sides in case you want to just chill for a song and take it all in.  They aren’t really seats as such - I think they are what the security would stand on if they wanted to pull someone out of the main crowd etc. They are still pretty handy little platforms though.  The atmosphere was electric - twirling and jumping around in the red zone and looking at the stadium lit up around you was brilliant.  

Cheers man,I’ll have a go,sounds great,god be with the days🤗,Croke Park ‘87 was something special ,in that world in action documentary at the start “where streets ...myself n my buddy in the front bopping you can see clearly n another friend deceased a few year back also 👍,,so fast forward 32 years n Sydney a town I know so well,

• Like 1

My daughter was on an intern in Chicago a few years ago on innocence tour,after a full day n a late night after gig in united center,we went to pippans bar for a few late ones ,I had enough so at 2amish,we walked to get taxi back to my daughters place,walked around corner,front of Hyatt hotel was a man I knew to see from my hometown in Kildare,hows it goin I said what are you doing here,u2 security he said,at that moment he said wait there,n who walks out only larence,he was very good n chatted to me n my daughter for a good 20 minutes,no airs or graces,lots of photos also,I’ll keep an eye out for my fellow Kildare man in Sydney 🇮🇪👍

• Like 1

Were you able to enter general  GA area as well with RZ as on 360 Tour?

33 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

Definitely worth it in my opinion.  I did Joshua Tree red zone at Twickenham.  There was loads of space to jump around and dance and you could be just a few rows back if you turned up really late (if that’s what you want).  I wasn’t in a position to queue and stand around for days before and all day on the day and this was so worth it.  It was perfect.  The only disadvantage possibly (and it’s not a biggie)  is that a lot of the show, the band are in the tree and slightly with their backs to you as the tree juts out a bit further than the end of the red zone BUT you still had incredible views as they went up and down the ‘stem’ of the tree and the rail at the front of the stage ( not along the tree trunk) was virtually empty.  Bono and  Edge wandered over a fair bit, Adam was often there having a good pose.  When they are centre main stage - they are not as close to the red zone as they are when they are on the tree, as the red zone is to the left of the main stage.  You have to look over the tree walkway to see them then if that makes sense.   There is no crowding and there are even little seat things around the sides in case you want to just chill for a song and take it all in.  They aren’t really seats as such - I think they are what the security would stand on if they wanted to pull someone out of the main crowd etc. They are still pretty handy little platforms though.  The atmosphere was electric - twirling and jumping around in the red zone and looking at the stadium lit up around you was brilliant.  

I’ve done both RZ and GA for Joshua Tree (in US and Vancouver BC). Both are great, although RZ is off to the left side of the main stage and the majority of the action is middle and right of the tree side of main stage. But even so, you’re still so close to the band compared to folks in the seats. In my experience, the crowd in RZ is a bit more sedate that GA. We like being up front with other bouncy crazy fans and GA has more of that vibe. Also it is pretty nice to be able to show up closer to start time with RZ, more time to explore the city you’re visiting which is why we’ve opted for RZ in Seoul.  And we’re always happy that $ goes towards RED. Both GA and RZ are great experiences, can’t go wrong. We’ve totally enjoyed both experiences. Good luck getting the tix you’re hoping for!

5 minutes ago, coleena said:

We’ve been able to enter GA from RZ for IE, Joshua Tree, and EI. I’m hoping it will be the same this time. 

Could anyone give me an advice? :) Is it worthwile to visit two concerts of this tour on two consecutive days? Or does it feel like a dejavu? I`ve seen the JT Tour 2017 in Berlin and now I want to fulfill my lifelong dream to see U2 in Auckland. I`ve got a GA-ticket for the concert on November, 8th and I will come the long way from Germany, to see U2 and travel New Zealand for two weeks. Now I wonder, if I should buy a ticket for November, 9th, too. So I`m faced with the choice to leave Auckland for my trip on November, 9th or to stay one night longer and to attend the second concert, too...

If there are two shows in a city, we always opt to do both. Years ago when U2 played in my hometown, we went to the first show but weren’t able to do the second night. The first night was so incredible we were kicking ourselves that we weren’t able to go the next night. Ever since, we try to hit both nights if time and finances allow. U2 always leaves me wanting more. 

In the past, most of the concerts are generally the same set list but sometimes they’ll rotate a song or two that’s different. But expect the same graphics, set list, etc for the most part.  Personally I treasure every show, from the people I meet to the actual performance. If you can swing two nights, you probably wouldn’t regret it. We’re crossing our fingers for a second concert in Seoul! 

• Like 1

Absolutely do both! I'm planning doing both nights in both Akl and Syd, and did both nights in 2017 in LA. Especially if you are travelling all that way. You can always mix it up, one night GA, next RZ or seated. I very much doubt youll regret it!

38 minutes ago, ballardmama said:

If there are two shows in a city, we always opt to do both. Years ago when U2 played in my hometown, we went to the first show but weren’t able to do the second night. The first night was so incredible we were kicking ourselves that we weren’t able to go the next night. Ever since, we try to hit both nights if time and finances allow. U2 always leaves me wanting more. 

In the past, most of the concerts are generally the same set list but sometimes they’ll rotate a song or two that’s different. But expect the same graphics, set list, etc for the most part.  Personally I treasure every show, from the people I meet to the actual performance. If you can swing two nights, you probably wouldn’t regret it. We’re crossing our fingers for a second concert in Seoul! 

30 minutes ago, coleena said:

Absolutely do both! I'm planning doing both nights in both Akl and Syd, and did both nights in 2017 in LA. Especially if you are travelling all that way. You can always mix it up, one night GA, next RZ or seated. I very much doubt youll regret it!

Great! Thank you both very much! I`m sure, you are absolutely right! :)One more question: I wonder if I should do both nights in GA. I have the feeling, that the best place on this tour is right at the "Tree-stage". In all other places (including the seats), you don`t have such a free and centre sight to the screen like you have at the "Tree-stage". Am I right? I hope, that it is early enough, if I am at the stadium at 12:00 :)

1 hour ago, coleena said:

Yes but I’m not sure why you would....The entrance to the red zone is within the GA-you basically just go into the GA instead of going through the barrier into the red zone. But.......with a jam packed GA you aren’t going to be able to ‘wander’ round the front of the tree or anything.  It’s not like the arenas.  People behind the barrier of the RZ have been there all day and it’s like sardines.  in my opinion it would be a real struggle to go anywhere else apart from to the bar! My experience of red zone has been just as thrilling as GA in terms of atmosphere.  It’s true, that some people are just chilling out around the back of the red zone etc but most definitely I have experienced that it is quite riotous around the barriers next to the tree.

1 hour ago, Basti88 said:

Could anyone give me an advice? :) Is it worthwile to visit two concerts of this tour on two consecutive days? Or does it feel like a dejavu? I`ve seen the JT Tour 2017 in Berlin and now I want to fulfill my lifelong dream to see U2 in Auckland. I`ve got a GA-ticket for the concert on November, 8th and I will come the long way from Germany, to see U2 and travel New Zealand for two weeks. Now I wonder, if I should buy a ticket for November, 9th, too. So I`m faced with the choice to leave Auckland for my trip on November, 9th or to stay one night longer and to attend the second concert, too...

Well if you’ve already seen it then you know its pretty much the same show but i would have to go back for more on night 2 for sure.  Who knows how long they’ll carry on touring for.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, bigwave said:

4 tix per presale

Thanks @bigwave.  I’ve noted @mich40 has answered a similar question in the opposite so I’m still uncertain 🤷🏻‍♀️ My code doesn’t have a line but I definitely used it 4 times, and don’t want to risk having tix cancelled.

Maybe I’m old, but doing GA two nights in a row can be a lot. We like to stand in line for GA for a fair bit on the day of the concert in order to get closer to the front, not necessarily rail but closer to the stage. Plus we enjoy just hanging out in line getting to know other fans from all over the world so we like the waiting in line thing. We often do both nights GA just because we usually are traveling from farther away and GA is more affordable and RZ are often hard to get. Seems that may be different for this tour.  Back to back standing in line for GA can be exhausting, so maybe you stand in line longer for one concert to be closer to the front and one night you arrive closer to show time and take in things further back. If you’ve never done RZ, maybe this is when you want to go for it. 

I did both shows in 2017 at rose bowl, both GA as couldn’t get RZ (would have preferred doing one RZ one GA). I lined up first day from 9am and was on the rail. Second day i was a bit slower and got there mid morning and was about 6 rows back. Have to admit first night was better and was definitely worth the extra hours in line to be rail. I’m short and there were lots of cheeky people trying to push in front, so view quite impeded.

i was left front of tree stage and perfect spot I thought. Lots of close up with the Band and still great view to main stage. RZ is more to the left and would still be good but you’d get slightly more side angle most of the time rather than front on. Hence I’m doing a mix of both GA and RZ this time.

Seats always an option but personally I prefer being amongst it. Very large venues and you’d be reliant on the screen, as band would be like ants!

1 hour ago, ballardmama said:

Personally I treasure every show, from the people I meet to the actual performance. If you can swing two nights, you probably wouldn’t regret it. 

Same x 1 million. It’s the hanging about all day with people of a similar mindset (U2 fans after all, are the best 😊) then enjoying the show together that make it awesome 

35 minutes ago, rileyrat said:

Thanks @bigwave.  I’ve noted @mich40 has answered a similar question in the opposite so I’m still uncertain 🤷🏻‍♀️ My code doesn’t have a line but I definitely used it 4 times, and don’t want to risk having tix cancelled.

Sorry? I told someone they could use their credit card to get addition tickets in the public sale and told another person that if they had already purchased 4 tickets during the presale, they had reached their allotment, that no new codes would be issued. Not sure why your code doesn’t have a line through it if you have purchased 4 tickets for the upcoming shows; but 4 tickets is the limit. 

From the FAQs:

Q - How Many Tickets can I buy? What is the ticket limit?

A - As a paid-up U2.com Subscriber you are eligible to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for any show or combination of shows (for example you can purchase 2 tickets for a show in Brisbane and 2 tickets for a show in Adelaide, or 1 ticket for Brisbane, 1 ticket for Adelaide, 1 ticket for Melbourne and 1 ticket for Sydney.) All ticketing presale code use is audited, and anyone found to be abusing presale privileges risks cancellation of ticket purchases and U2.com subscription.

8 hours ago, mich40 said:

There will be no new presale codes issued for the 2nd shows. If you have already bought 4 tickets, you have met your allotment at this time, hence the line through your code. 

No worries, thank you.

1 hour ago, rileyrat said:

if you bought 4 tickets with that code don't risk your tickets being cancelled even if it doesn't have a line...

1 hour ago, coleena said:

Seats always an option but personally I prefer being amongst it. Very large venues and you’d be reliant on the screen, as band would be like ants

Actually, for anyone who has got a seat.....not always like ants, it just depends where you sit. We had seats for Dublin - I couldn’t do the standing due to health so after RZ in Twickenham, it was next best thing for me.  Our seats were opposite the tree and it was great really. A totally different experience and we got the flag of the refugee girl right over our heads which was fun as everyone was dancing about underneath it (not for the claustrophobic!). . And we were on the aisle so could still dance about and security didn’t mind at all..  I know it’s not the same as being up close but just wanted to reassure anyone with seats - it’s still an amazing experience. This photo isn’t zoomed. I took this as a still from a video so is a bit grainy. The view of the screen was just as good from the side. What was wonderful was seeing a sea of writhing, jumping mayhem from an elevated position  - especially during Vertigo and Elevation.  I don’t think there would be a bad seat tbh.

FDF6A539-09FE-4AE7-A166-7A388DB4B4A1.png

Agree. Each to their own preference re standing/sitting, and wherever you are it will be a great experience.

I had forgotten about the flag!