Sign in to follow this  
Max Tsukino

U2 Tour 2019 Annoucement Live Thread

Got my 2 RZ - weeee!!!!! Just Sydney to grapple with now.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1
  • Brilliant 1

Just got my second Red Zone for Sydney #2! Coming from Los Angeles and beyond excited for my first trip down under. :-) Good luck to everyone!

• Like 5

OK I'm done...Melbourne, Sydney 1 and 2, that should keep me going for another 9-10 years. :)

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

Quick question for the Mods. I bought one Red Zone for Sydney #1, one Red Zone for Sydney #2 and one GA for Adelaide. - 3 tickets total on my pre-sale code. I'm not looking to purchase any more tickets but shouldn't I have one left? I just went in to see if any more Red Zone were available and it said "entitlements exhausted" as if I had used all four. Just thought this was odd. As I mentioned, I don't need another ticket but if this happens to others that would be a real bummer if they, like me, had only purchased 3 tickets. Thanks!

Same same - RZ to Akl and Sydney for second nights. Phew!!!! Feel like I need a stiff drink!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Sarajane said:

Quick question for the Mods. I bought one Red Zone for Sydney #1, one Red Zone for Sydney #2 and one GA for Adelaide. - 3 tickets total on my pre-sale code. I'm not looking to purchase any more tickets but shouldn't I have one left? I just went in to see if any more Red Zone were available and it said "entitlements exhausted" as if I had used all four. Just thought this was odd. As I mentioned, I don't need another ticket but if this happens to others that would be a real bummer if they, like me, had only purchased 3 tickets. Thanks!

some of us are in the same situation (One ticket left on the presale code). The code worked OK.

If you need another ticket, perhaps it's a matter of keep trying or to try for another section...

6 minutes ago, Sarajane said:

which show did you get that message for, was it one you already purchased through pre sale code perhaps?

Correct. I used the code for the Red Hill Sydney 1, Adelaide and Sydney 2 shows. Only 3 tickets purchased on one code so I should have a 4th available to me. I used the pre-sale link on U2.com for each one. Honestly, I was asking more to help others out in case it happens to them. I'm definitely not in need for a fourth ticket so it's OK. 

Oh, and to answer your question, I got that message on the Sydney 2 show after I had purchased my 3rd ticket using my code. I thought about getting one more but got that message. I don't need it so it's OK now. 

4 minutes ago, Sarajane said:

Oh, and to answer your question, I got that message on the Sydney 2 show after I had purchased my 3rd ticket using my code. I thought about getting one more but got that message. I don't need it so it's OK now.

This may explain why you got the message... If you did the search immediately (or very close to) after purchasing the ticket, it's most likely that the system flagged it...

2 minutes ago, Sarajane said:

that probably explains it, as you had checked out with your code already for one ticket you are probably are locked out of using it again for that particular show (technically that should not happen but I think it might account for things in this case - if you did want to check as an exercise, you could try your code to unlock an Auckland 2 presale ticket- and post back if that would work).

Just did as you suggested and it immediately "unlocked" and took my code for Auckland 2. Didn't need a ticket but that's good info to know for others in the same boat. Thanks, Big Wave!

Sydney 2 tickets sorted. 

Best presale ever, smooth sailing each time ! 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 3

1 hour ago, xrayjets said:

Sydney 2 tickets sorted. 

Where are you on Syd 2?

Posted (edited)

Sydney 2 tickets sorted. 

Congrats 😃

Me too, GA's sorted. In & out in 2 minutes, was my quickest presale ever!

I had two computers, & the mobile going, with the "hold tight" countdown at 10:50. As long as one of those got through to the venue page - with less than 10 minutes to go before the presale began (as there's a 10 minute countown), you were good. Then it was sit & wait until exactly 11AM, bingo, straight in, no waiting.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 hours ago, Sarajane said:

Just got my second Red Zone for Sydney #2! Coming from Los Angeles and beyond excited for my first trip down under. 🙂 Good luck to everyone!

👍  I will be traveling from Southern CA as well, but I chose Tokyo in December instead of warm weather in Australia.  Silly me 🤣  cheers 

• Haha 1
  • Brilliant 1

can anyone explain the correct US phone number format to enter on Ticketek's site.  ive tried many versions and get its an invalid format.  If I add a + to the front of the number I stop getting the invalid format error but instead get a 'your entry contains non-numeric characters' error.

23 minutes ago, kings said:

Where are you on Syd 2?

RZ 😀

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

5 minutes ago, finz_89 said:

can anyone explain the correct US phone number format to enter on Ticketek's site.  ive tried many versions and get its an invalid format.  If I add a + to the front of the number I stop getting the invalid format error but instead get a 'your entry contains non-numeric characters' error.

You have to enter your number in two places, first one is entered like : 12051234567; in the 2nd time it's like this: +12051234567

7 minutes ago, mich40 said:

You have to enter your number in two places, first one is entered like : 12051234567; in the 2nd time it's like this: +12051234567

thanks this worked.  I never would have thought to enter them differently.

• Brilliant 1

Just now, finz_89 said:

thanks this worked.  I never would have thought to enter them differently.

It took a bit of trial and error last week for the first sales, but we figured it out. Glad it worked for you.

Sydney 2 tickets sorted. 

congrats 👍

22 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

RZ 😀

Good work. I’m having to do through the Live Nation pre sale tomorrow and hope for the best. Blew my U2.com pre sale on family for Syd 1. 

• Brilliant 1