Max Tsukino

U2 Tour 2019 Annoucement Live Thread

5 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Anything and everything they do upsets some people.   It's U2. 

YES!!

I did want to see the last now wondering if I can sell Seoul and/or some Australia tix to allow me to do last show in Manilla 

Can’t understand why anyone would be unhappy to have them come to their city/country!? I saw JT in LA (I live  in NZ). Didn’t want to chance they wouldn’t come to NZ/Aus, and was thrilled to finally hear they were coming. The more shows you can see the better I say. I did two at Rose Bowl and now get to do two in Auck and two in Syd. Can’t see a down side!?

Enjoy Phillipines!

• Like 1

Does this mean that all the tour dates are now announced barring a second show in Manila?  I was hoping we might get some get some news either way on whether there will be a second show in South Korea?    

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

I'm sad to see U2 being used to give cover to the church/cult that owns the Philippines Arena. I never thought I'd see these guys play a venue whose purpose is to convey status on an organization long accused of major human rights violations ( https://www.facebook.com/Philippine-Arena-of-Iglesia-Ni-Cristo-a-Human-Rights-Violator-2053977124879232/ ). The accusations appear to be substantive: Canada has given asylum to those fleeing from the cult/church ( https://usa.inquirer.net/9888/canada-grants-asylum-iglesia-ni-cristo-dissident  ). U2 needs to address this or, IMHO, the hypocrisy will tarnish their brand, image and legitimacy as human rights advocates  going forward. 

Edited by Turkued

Posted (edited)
15 hours ago, JuneT said:

Boy this may upset some folks who bought tickets thinking Seoul was the last show ....

Yes !

I'm very happy for the Manila fans but please dear U2 would you announce Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Thailand or Malaysia shows before I have bought my flight tickets for the shows already announced ? 😀

Edited by patsw

On 7/31/2019 at 9:10 PM, patsw said:

Yes !

I'm very happy for the Manila fans but please dear U2 would you announce Vietnam, Laos, Burma, Thailand or Malaysia shows before I have bought my flight tickets for the shows already announced ? 😀

I'm also waiting for the announcement of the 14th Dec show before booking flights for Manila :D I would prefer Vietnam and Thailand over Manila. I don't think they will perform in Burma or Laos, they don't have fans there as I think? And neither Malaysia. 

On 7/31/2019 at 7:53 AM, Manohlive said:

Anything and everything they do upsets some people.   It's U2. 

im upset too cuz they didnt announce the 14th show yet, and by the time i buy the tickets for manila, they would announce a cheaper asian country for me to go :D

So do we think Manila is really the end..  no more news on Mumbai or elsewhere?  

48 minutes ago, sm2112 said:

So do we think Manila is really the end..  no more news on Mumbai or elsewhere?  

as of right now, nothing official.

If there's any additional date to the tour it will be published on the site, U2 official social media and here in Zootopia. Please keep checking periodically and please do not plan anything based on rumors.

I'm already preparing documents for Manila... because it takes us asian a long time to process visa for other countries.. so i dont want to wait and miss the ticket sales.. either way I wouldn't go to India as its my neighboring country so manila is better for me i guess :) who else is planning to come to manila? 

12 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

as of right now, nothing official.

If there's any additional date to the tour it will be published on the site, U2 official social media and here in Zootopia. Please keep checking periodically and please do not plan anything based on rumors.

BOO! I don't like this answer hahahah

On 8/13/2019 at 9:58 AM, sm2112 said:

BOO! I don't like this answer hahahah

Still nothing.. I figure the second I decide on Manila they will add a date 

On 7/31/2019 at 6:04 AM, Max Tsukino said:

Manila.jpg

And Manila Too…

'Coming to rock you….'

Bono has posted a hand-drawn message to Manila, announcing a new date on the band's  upcoming Joshua Tree Tour - the first time U2 have played in the Philippines.

"Bono, Edge, Adam and Larry coming to rock you hard & soft... loud & vivid, black & white & colour Dec 11."

The band will play the Philippine Arena in Manila on Wednesday, 11 December.

More info: https://www.u2.com/news/title/and-manila-too

Anyone knows if a paid U2.com subscription is required to have access to presale starting on 1 September 2019. Thanks!

8 hours ago, summer sang koole said:

Anyone knows if a paid U2.com subscription is required to have access to presale starting on 1 September 2019. Thanks!

Yes, you do... From the FAQ on the HELP page (https://www.u2.com/help😞

Q - Do I have to be a U2.com Subscriber to participate in the U2.com Tour ticket presale?

A - Yes, this presale is only for Subscribers of U2.com who have purchased a Subscription. Subscribe here. If you have an existing account, but it has expired, Upgrade here. Or, if you are a paid up subscriber but wish to renew your subscription now, renew here.

On 8/24/2019 at 7:43 PM, sm2112 said:

Still nothing.. I figure the second I decide on Manila they will add a date 

lol I'm also waiting for that.. but by this saturday if they do not announce another show, im going to go for Manila. Can't lose out on the manila show if they dont add another. and given the fact that manila GA floor is very small and limited tickets im pretty sure GA will be finished soon. so cant take that risk of waiting days after the pre-sales are over. 

21 minutes ago, heshanp said:

lol I'm also waiting for that.. but by this saturday if they do not announce another show, im going to go for Manila. Can't lose out on the manila show if they dont add another. and given the fact that manila GA floor is very small and limited tickets im pretty sure GA will be finished soon. so cant take that risk of waiting days after the pre-sales are over. 

I guess I am going the same route and may just try and sell my Seoul ticket; not sure yet

12 hours ago, sm2112 said:

I guess I am going the same route and may just try and sell my Seoul ticket; not sure yet

See you then in singapore and manila :) 

Also who else is going for Manila? I don't see much hype for Manila than other cities even in any other social media platform. Any information on how the queuing is going to be etc. ? 

22 hours ago, heshanp said:

Also who else is going for Manila? I don't see much hype for Manila than other cities even in any other social media platform. Any information on how the queuing is going to be etc. ? 

there's no hype for Perth. I posted about it months ago and to quote The Beatles got 'No Reply'

On 8/28/2019 at 11:13 PM, heshanp said:

See you then in singapore and manila :) 

Skipping Singapore 

How do SM Tickets deliver the tickets for Manila ,it looks like they have to be picked up at an SM agent in  the Philippines by the buyer ,is that correct ?

1 hour ago, Royshh said:

How do SM Tickets deliver the tickets for Manila ,it looks like they have to be picked up at an SM agent in  the Philippines by the buyer ,is that correct ?

according to their FAQ section:

- Events/merchandise/travels/hotels/attractions tickets purchased via the Services will be available for collection at the relevant events/merchandise/travels/hotels/attractions from either the ticket booth or ticketing kiosk (where available). The Purchaser must bring along the following:

-- E-Ticket produced via website, which contains the bCODE/QR Code used to retrieve transaction information for purchase verification and ticket printing confirmation. See the Help Page for more information on bCODE/QR Code and E-Ticket redemption.

- Events/merchandise/travels/hotels/attractions tickets are made available subject to promoter/client's rules and regulations. Proof of age may be required in certain instances.

- Tickets purchased online are redeemable only until the events/merchandise/travels/hotels/attractions day for which the ticket was purchased. Once events/merchandise/travels/hotels/attractions day has lapsed, ticket will be considered unredeemable from both the ticket kiosk and ticket booth.

but perhaps it's a good idea to contact them, either via social media or the customer service email/phone to get details about the procedure...

1 hour ago, Royshh said:

If you are purchasing tickets, it should give you delivery/pick-up information with the transaction.

THE PRESALE FOR MANILA - RED HILL GROUP HAS STARTED.

IMPORTANT: Please remember: Your code can be used to purchase up to FOUR (4) tickets for the show in Manila in a single transaction.