Sign in to follow this  
ballardmama

Issues with using Visa card for Seoul ticket purchase?

Posted (edited)

I'm planning on purchasing tickets for the Seoul date so I checked out the Yes24 ticket website today.  I was looking to see if I could set up my account now in hopes of avoiding payment issues during checkout.  Purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster go more smoothly if you have an account and payment info already set up before you purchase.  I was hoping to do that on Yes24 but it only let's you set up a basic account (name and email), which I did.  

When I've tried to purchase something on an international site in the past, sometimes Visa thinks it's a fraudulent purchase and doesn't let the purchase go through without calling them to verify it.  So I just called Visa to see if there's a way to mark my account to let them know that I'll be purchasing (hopefully) tickets on a certain date so my account doesn't get locked.  They said there's no way to do this and I'd just need to call Visa at that time if happens.  Of course by then tickets will be gone.

Does anyone have insight in how purchasing tickets internationally on a non-Ticketmaster website like Yes24 might work?  Do the mods know if there is a way to create an account on Yes24 ahead of time so our Visa's can be verified before the sale?  I'm pretty certain that Visa won't let a ticket purchase in South Korea for several hundred dollars go through.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

**I never thought I would wish for Ticketmaster**

Edited by ballardmama
more info added

Unfortunately, we don't know if it's possible to open an account...

will ask if there's any step that would help and if we get an answer will let you know...

I called my actual bank to let them know I planned on making an international purchase with my card so they could leave a note on my account not to flag the purchase. They were able to do it and cleared me for a purchase in Australia during the month of June. I didn't go through Visa.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, abluerwhite said:

I called my actual bank to let them know I planned on making an international purchase with my card so they could leave a note on my account not to flag the purchase. They were able to do it and cleared me for a purchase in Australia during the month of June. I didn't go through Visa.

good! Perhaps this is the strategy to follow...

Thanks for the advice I will notify my c.c provider.  I have also set up a basic yes24 account.

11 hours ago, ballardmama said:

I'm planning on purchasing tickets for the Seoul date so I checked out the Yes24 ticket website today.  I was looking to see if I could set up my account now in hopes of avoiding payment issues during checkout.  Purchasing tickets on Ticketmaster go more smoothly if you have an account and payment info already set up before you purchase.  I was hoping to do that on Yes24 but it only let's you set up a basic account (name and email), which I did.  

When I've tried to purchase something on an international site in the past, sometimes Visa thinks it's a fraudulent purchase and doesn't let the purchase go through without calling them to verify it.  So I just called Visa to see if there's a way to mark my account to let them know that I'll be purchasing (hopefully) tickets on a certain date so my account doesn't get locked.  They said there's no way to do this and I'd just need to call Visa at that time if happens.  Of course by then tickets will be gone.

Does anyone have insight in how purchasing tickets internationally on a non-Ticketmaster website like Yes24 might work?  Do the mods know if there is a way to create an account on Yes24 ahead of time so our Visa's can be verified before the sale?  I'm pretty certain that Visa won't let a ticket purchase in South Korea for several hundred dollars go through.  Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

**I never thought I would wish for Ticketmaster**

As Max says, not something we know about at this moment, but if you or anyone else wants to add knowledge to help to this potential strategy, then please add below...