Sign in to follow this  
Andyfff

How do I know my seat numbers in Tokyo?

I got through in the Red Hill Presale and bought three tickets, credit card went through and I have my confirmation number, no problem.  One thing I cannot find is the location of my seats.  Any clues as to how to determine where the hell I am?

Thanks,

Andy

Do you know which section you chose from? I'm not seeing actual seat numbers, but here is a map that u2Songs.com had.

image.png

• Like 1

Yes I have that, but I do not know which number/row/section my tickets are in.  My confirmation says 3 tickets but nothing about where they are...

From what I can tell, there is no way of knowing, other than the section. Perhaps you will get an email with more details a bit later.

I’m really feeling frustrated. Bought 3 “SS” tickets, spent about a thousand dollars, and I have no idea where my seats are. 😡

1 hour ago, Andyfff said:

I’m really feeling frustrated. Bought 3 “SS” tickets, spent about a thousand dollars, and I have no idea where my seats are. 😡

have asked for some clarity on that, stay tuned...

Thanks.  Yeah it seems really odd that I have no idea where the three seats are.  Are they even together?  It would be ironic if me and my two friends were sitting nowhere near each other...

Keep me posted,

Andy

26 minutes ago, Andyfff said:

Thanks.  Yeah it seems really odd that I have no idea where the three seats are.  Are they even together?  It would be ironic if me and my two friends were sitting nowhere near each other...

Keep me posted,

Andy

As soon as we hear something, we will let you know. This does appear to be pretty common though. Was doing some reading on Tokyo and Seoul today and saw many people mention in comments on articles I was reading that they only knew section numbers, not seat numbers until they went to pick up their tickets. 

Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Andyfff said:

Keep me posted,

Andy

Yeah, I think it's common in Japan. Be thankful that you're not in the general sale, where it is a lottery. You don't even find out if you've been successful in purchasing tickets for days, let alone know where you'll be sitting. Like you, you choose your price category, then wait with your fingers crossed until you're notified of the lottery's results.

I'm sure you'll be seated with your friends though, as long as all your seats were purchased in one transaction.

General Admission Standing (GA) is interesting in Japan. Usually there's not a line for hours (or days), first come - first served. Instead Japanese GA's normally enter the arena in the order that tickets were purchased (ticket number). How this will work, when the Japanese & foreigners were using two different sites during the presale, I have no idea!

Edited by ddarroch

I lived in Osaka for four years, and saw many concerts in Japan (including ZOOTV at the Tokyo Dome) and never have I heard of this method of not telling you what section or seat you are in until the last moment.  SS covers such a large area, we could be up close or we could be way back.  Nothing to do but wait, but yes if you hear something please let us all know.  Thanks!

4 minutes ago, Andyfff said:

I lived in Osaka for four years, and saw many concerts in Japan (including ZOOTV at the Tokyo Dome) and never have I heard of this method of not telling you what section or seat you are in until the last moment.  SS covers such a large area, we could be up close or we could be way back.  Nothing to do but wait, but yes if you hear something please let us all know.  Thanks!

All the most recent accounts we were able to find on the internet paints a different picture, I'm afraid... What we have seen is that this method without section/seat is the how it works today...

No section / seat # for me too. But, Andy, since you're familiar with Japan aren't they the world-best in mindfulness, planning and execution? I wouldn't expect anything less than satisfactory when they finally allocate the section & seat. :)

I'm not worried that anything got screwed up, my card was charged the right amount and I got my confirmation emailed to me immediately.  But I am dying to know how close I am to the stage!  I must have been one of the first transactions to go through, now I have to wait for months to find out!

6 hours ago, Andyfff said:

I'm not worried that anything got screwed up, my card was charged the right amount and I got my confirmation emailed to me immediately.  But I am dying to know how close I am to the stage!  I must have been one of the first transactions to go through, now I have to wait for months to find out!

Patience and Zen.....I know the anticipation of knowing is hard, but you are seeing U2 in Tokyo, which is very crazy cool. 

Today I got this answer from the ticket company in Japan:

Dear,
Thank you for your question.

Your seat number has not been decided yet.
Also, you can not select areas or floors.
Please check your ticket after issuing the ticket.

Sincerely yours,

PIA Corporation

It seems to me that a pre-sale would give participants a better choice of seats, that they would put you towards the front rather than towards the back.  If I end up way in the back of the SS section I am going to be really bummed.  Every other time I have had a pre-sale seat it has been really good, but it seems in Japan they wait until the last minute to decide which seats will be given to which customers.  Oh well... nothing I can do about it now.

Thank you Michelle, I saw that map when I was getting seats. I read when I printed out my confirmation, I have to go to 7 Eleven store to print out my tickets in Tokyo. I am sure what ever price range you had chosen, as for seat and section, you have to see when you print out your tickets. Just glad I am going to be there to experience it again, which is so important to me.

Hey gang....Yeah it's weird, but that's Japan. I hope it all works out well for us all and 'good seats' were allocated. I think the idea is you're just lucky to be in the room.

What those who were in Saitama for Vertigo will know...That outdoor stage squished into the arena is going to be VERY in your face. The Arena goes 'up' more than 'back' as in the picture...if you get my meaning.

314383605_0727b4ab99_z.jpg

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

Back in the old days (ZooTV) I remember we had no chance to select seats in the mad rush of ticket sales. The first people got seats closer to the stage, those later, further away.

My guess would be that, like GA, the seats will be ranked by ticket number. Those who purchased their tickets first (Red Hill Presale group) will have the lowest ticket numbers, & will get the best seats.

Cool pic razspazz. You can only just make out the area dividing the different GA areas. Here's another one.

5654331.jpg

I hope the area separating the GA sections is a little further back this time.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1

Do you know how you find your ticket number if standing to see what position you enter in?

i didn’t do red hill presale as was hoping for Seoul 2 so did vendor presale and got lucky today . But as the confirmation is in Japanese I can’t tell my ticket number other than I have to take the confirmation to a 7-11 to get ticket.

cheers

Posted (edited)

Hey Jonno77, great that you got your ticket!

I think it's just a case of wait and see when you pick up your tickets. I expect there will be some kind of signs or information at the venue about where to enter.

Anyone did GA at vertigo still alive(?) How did GA entry go down for that show? (I'm an up in the stands type,lol).

Good luck!

Edited by razspazz

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, jonno77 said:

Do you know how you find your ticket number if standing to see what position you enter in?

i didn’t do red hill presale as was hoping for Seoul 2 so did vendor presale and got lucky today . But as the confirmation is in Japanese I can’t tell my ticket number other than I have to take the confirmation to a 7-11 to get ticket.

cheers

I only have a confirmation number (or whatever they called it). One number, for the purchase of two tickets to Japan 2. It's 13 digits long, starting with 242. I have friends  who purchase tickets around the same time, with numbers starting with 243 & 246. Ending in all sorts of numbers, from the hundreds to 6 & 7 thousand. So there appears to be no order.

I'd say we won't know our ticket numbers until we pick up our tickets at 7-eleven.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 2:08 AM, ddarroch said:

I'd say we won't know our ticket numbers until we pick up our tickets at 7-eleven.

Thanks for letting me know ddarroch 👍