Sign in to follow this  
geowickey

My Red Zone Presales Sob Story

Posted (edited)

I struck out for RZ during Red Hill Presale... So I used my code to buy 2 GA's knowing I would have 2 tickets left to still try for RZ in the next presale or the general. During checkout for the GA's, my Bank of America card was declined despite there being money in my account... The BofA App quickly notified me of "suspicious activity". I was able to tell it that this is really me attempting the charge and I was able to rerun the card successfully before the Ticketek clock expired...

4 Hours later in the Wires Presale I hit paydirt... I was so excited!!! 2 Red Zones in my cart... Going through checkout. All was smooth.. Then - CARD DECLINED AGAIN despite money being in there and despite me earlier indicating this is really me for this vendor (Ticketek)... But this time the app didnt notify me or ask me to confirm... The clock ran down. I lost the tickets.

I called Bank of America and they said the app couldnt be used to quickly clear this up the second time around and that they needed me to call in like I did because the amount was above some threshold.. Well you know the story. By the time they authenticated me the RZ allocation was gone...

I was livid. Now I am just sad.

I will try again in the general public sale. I will call the bank first to try and make sure this doesnt repeat itself if I get lucky again...

BUT If anyone has 2 extra RZ for Sydney please consider selling to me...

Thx!

George

Edited by geowickey

4 hours ago, geowickey said:

If anyone has 2 extra RZ for Sydney please consider selling to me...

Thx!

George

We hope to have a ticket swap / exchange area up in near future, as per previous Tours, so keep a look out for that

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, geowickey said:

I struck out for RZ during Red Hill Presale... So I used my code to buy 2 GA's knowing I would have 2 tickets left to still try for RZ in the next presale or the general. During checkout for the GA's, my Bank of America card was declined despite there being money in my account... The BofA App quickly notified me of "suspicious activity". I was able to tell it that this is really me attempting the charge and I was able to rerun the card successfully before the Ticketek clock expired...

4 Hours later in the Wires Presale I hit paydirt... I was so excited!!! 2 Red Zones in my cart... Going through checkout. All was smooth.. Then - CARD DECLINED AGAIN despite money being in there and despite me earlier indicating this is really me for this vendor (Ticketek)... But this time the app didnt notify me or ask me to confirm... The clock ran down. I lost the tickets.

I called Bank of America and they said the app couldnt be used to quickly clear this up the second time around and that they needed me to call in like I did because the amount was above some threshold.. Well you know the story. By the time they authenticated me the RZ allocation was gone...

I was livid. Now I am just sad.

I will try again in the general public sale. I will call the bank first to try and make sure this doesnt repeat itself if I get lucky again...

BUT If anyone has 2 extra RZ for Sydney please consider selling to me...

Thx!

George

That really, really sucks George, I hope everything works out for you.

One tip, I actually contacted my bank to advise them I'd be making ticket purchases in Australia & Japan. I also got them to turn off the Mastercard Secure Code verification for 24 hours, to speed up the purchasing process.

My friend had rung her bank a couple of days ago (or Visa, I don't know), to check that her details were all correct in the verification system. This didn't help for her, as she never received the SMS's for the verification, so couldn't complete the purchases.

I had issues using Ticketek in Australia (not relating to the credit card verification). Ticketek crashed during the final stages of the purchase. So I had to start again. But it now said my presale code had reached its maximum allocation (it obviously included the failed transaction).

Luckily we were both able to find tickets by other means.

Edited by ddarroch

I’m so sorry you went thru that, George.  That is saddening and infuriating!  I hope you get your RZs in Sydney.  I bet you’ll have a good chance when/if they add a 2nd night.

I did my best to make sure I had 2 credit cards ready to go, and contacted both companies beforehand to let them know I’d be making international purchases, and yet, I still had an issue with one card.

My Citibank Mastercard worked great!  There were no problems at all placing the order.  I actually hadn’t planned on using that card as my primary mode of purchase because they charge a 3% fee for international transactions, but in the heat of the moment, I charged my Auckland tix to it.

My Capital One Visa was a near disaster, though.  I decided to use it for Brisbane tix because they don’t charge an international fee.  Despite calling them beforehand and having a discussion about my plans, the card still alerted me to a suspicious purchase.  I was able to get it cleared up in time to complete the purchase, though.  PHEW!

The credit card companies definitely need to tweak their systems!

Good luck with your search for RZ tix.  I’m rooting for you!

Ditto what others have said, contacting your bank and giving them as much information (date of intended purchase, country, site, approximate spending amount, etc.) really helped me because I've had the issue in the past where I lost GA tickets because my bank flagged the purchase. I have definitely seen Red Zone/GA swap requests for past tours, so just keep an eye out on social media platforms as the tour date creeps up. 

I also missed - had them in my basket but entered the wrong cvc code, duh! Had forgotten I changed my payment method to amex from m/card. Very stupid mistake! Hopefully will have a decent shot in the general on sale. Worst scenario if missing out in all sales, do as I did - get a GA for night 1 (still avail) and try again for RZ  on night 2 in first pre sale. I'm flying to Sydney rom NZ so will just have to change to a Thurs flight if GA so can do the line up all day Fri. GA not the same unless you're up close and personal! Good luck to you.

Don't forget there's the Live Nation (free to join) presale on the 6th too guys. Not sure if they'll have RZ & GA or not. But these fields are huge, so there's a good chance. Certainly worth a shot.

36 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

Don't forget there's the Live Nation (free to join) presale on the 6th too guys. Not sure if they'll have RZ & GA or not. But these fields are huge, so there's a good chance. Certainly worth a shot.

Can you pls let me know how to get in on this ???? 

All:

Thx for the empathy and kind words. Still stings but it's helpful to feel understood after this sorta thing happens..

Cheers, G

29 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

Sure. The Live Nation presale is shown on the below web page. It has a link to register with LN for presale access.

https://www.livenation.com.au/show/1267180/u2-the-joshua-tree-tour-2019/sydney/2019-11-22/en

Thank you! I registered. Do they send a code or is it something along the lines of-- You go to their page and login and if u r registered the interface shows the ticket buying options for you? Really really appreciate it!

Posted (edited)

No, no codes in the past, from memory. Just go to the page & log-in. I'd double check your login works, as you've certainly had no luck lately. Best of luck this time!

Edited by ddarroch

Unfortunately it appears that there were not any RZ allocated to the Live Nation presale... Got in immediately at 15:00AEST and the allocation displayed as exhausted... Will try one last time in the general... Good luck everyone.

Yes I'm in same boat, no luck whatosoever. Fingers crossed - or theres always the 2nd night!