Sign in to follow this  
redeye

PLEASE...play these songs in Sydney!

Hey U2, when you come to Sydney...please, please, please include in your set 'The Miracle (of Joey Ramone)' AND 'Raised by Wolves'...please! I am bringing my 5 year old son with me and he LOVES these songs.

We may get something a bit different to the other shows. As it will be the 22nd anniversary of Michael Hutchence's death. Maybe Stuck in a Moment You Can't Get Out Of.  I'd be ecstatic with Gone.

Really hope they kick it all off with the ‘thumping’ tempo of Blackout......this was brilliant inside the arena setting, it will be so good to hear it played out to a stadium.........

Think it will be quite something - a JT based show, but surrounded by SOI / SOE and other other little surprises.......that’s the way I see it / hope it plays out.....

Travelling over from the UK for RZ at the SCG. Trip of a lifetime !!!!!! Roll on November ! 

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

I was at LA Rosebowl  both nights last JT Tour (as was worried they wouldn't come to NZ) - so I get a double whammy - was an AMAZING concert and set up! Well worth the $ and effort.

Posted (edited)

I'm in Perth and I'd like to hear something from :POP_for_Clubbers:. from the new albums, Cedarwood Road & The Little Things That Give You Away.

Edited by BigBunny
spelt cedar wrong

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, carlhancox said:

Really hope they kick it all off with the ‘thumping’ tempo of Blackout......this was brilliant inside the arena setting, it will be so good to hear it played out to a stadium.........

Think it will be quite something - a JT based show, but surrounded by SOI / SOE and other other little surprises.......that’s the way I see it / hope it plays out.....

Travelling over from the UK for RZ at the SCG. Trip of a lifetime !!!!!! Roll on November ! 

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Blackout in the arena shows too. Can't wait to see it on that giant screen! I'm hoping Blackout kicks off the second set (after a short break once JT has concluded, with the Love Is All We Have Left intro). It'll be such a different atmosphere to Mothers of the Disappeared. Totally changing the dynamics of the show.

I'm hoping the second set can be lengthened (by shortening, or even removing the old school opening). Leaving more room for their newer material, which this part of the world hasn't seen.

November should be great weather, &  a great time to visit Sydney for you. Spending time at the beach & on the harbour. I'd recommend you get the ferry over from Sydney Harbour (Circular Quay) to Manly on Sydney's northern beaches. A great ferry ride. Catch the older larger, (Freshwater class) ferries, not the smaller, more expensive fast ferries. It's cheaper, & a more leisurely pace. Oh, & sit outside, either up front, or down the back, upstairs is probably better.

At Manly you can walk around Cabbage Tree Bay, to Shelley Beach. A safe beach, where you'll see lots of fish when snorkelling. I even saw a few (small) dusky whalers sharks there last week!

Some people have complained about the choice of the SCG as a venue. As it's a large field, with quite low sloping tiers. So it won't be great from the seats. But will be great for us on the field!

But the SCG is a great choice for tourists, if you want to stay close by. Close to the city, the harbour, the city beaches. It does have poor public transport, the nearest train station being Central Station, quite a walk away. This will be alleviated by the new Metro line, from Moore Park (SCG), through the city, to Circular Quay. Unfortunately this Metro line isn't due to open until December 2019. I'm praying that it opens a few weeks earlier, before our show!

Edited by ddarroch

11 hours ago, carlhancox said:

Brilliant, see you there ! 

11 hours ago, ddarroch said:

Yeah, I really enjoyed the Blackout in the arena shows too. Can't wait to see it on that giant screen! I'm hoping Blackout kicks off the second set (after a short break once JT has concluded, with the Love Is All We Have Left intro). It'll be such a different atmosphere to Mothers of the Disappeared. Totally changing the dynamics of the show.

I'm hoping the second set can be lengthened (by shortening, or even removing the old school opening). Leaving more room for their newer material, which this part of the world hasn't seen.

November should be great weather, &  a great time to visit Sydney for you. Spending time at the beach & on the harbour. I'd recommend you get the ferry over from Sydney Harbour (Circular Quay) to Manly on Sydney's northern beaches. A great ferry ride. Catch the older larger, (Freshwater class) ferries, not the smaller, more expensive fast ferries. It's cheaper, & a more leisurely pace. Oh, & sit outside, either up front, or down the back, upstairs is probably better.

At Manly you can walk around Cabbage Tree Bay, to Shelley Beach. A safe beach, where you'll see lots of fish when snorkelling. I even saw a few (small) dusky whalers sharks there last week!

Some people have complained about the choice of the SCG as a venue. As it's a large field, with quite low sloping tiers. So it won't be great from the seats. But will be great for us on the field!

But the SCG is a great choice for tourists, if you want to stay close by. Close to the city, the harbour, the city beaches. It does have poor public transport, the nearest train station being Central Station, quite a walk away. This will be alleviated by the new Metro line, from Moore Park (SCG), through the city, to Circular Quay. Unfortunately this Metro line isn't due to open until December 2019. I'm praying that it opens a few weeks earlier, before our show!

Hey Ddarroch,

Thanks for all of your information, I really appreciate it.......

I’ve been lucky enough to visit Australia a couple of times, although many years ago now.........Sydney is such an amazing place, and I cant wait to get back there........in fact list time I was there was for the Vertigo Tour at the Olympic Park.

Looking forward to making some more amazing life memories. 

4 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Brilliant, see you there ! 

See you there Xrayjets 👍

• Upvote 1

Last time U2 were in Sydney they playing a magnificent version of Bad. Would be happy if they did that again. 

35 minutes ago, kings said:

Last time U2 were in Sydney they playing a magnificent version of Bad. Would be happy if they did that again. 

we didn't get BAD for 360, we got ALL I WANT IS YOU instead with a bit of Love Rescue Me.

I'll take Bad, All I Want Is You & Love Rescue Me please 🤣

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

I've been compiling a map displaying the different seat prices. It may come in useful to people during the general sale, or all the sales of the second Sydney show. If you want to help out can you PM me the details of any seats you've purchased. Just the price, section & row. Seat number isn't necessary. Cheers.

SCG Seat Pricing.jpg

Edited by ddarroch

12 hours ago, ddarroch said:

I'll take Bad, All I Want Is You & Love Rescue Me please 🤣

One after the other. Wouldn’t that be something. 

• Brilliant 1

12 hours ago, ddarroch said:

I've been compiling a map displaying the different seat prices. It may come in useful to people during the general sale, or all the sales of the second Sydney show. If you want to help out can you PM me the details of any seats you've purchased. Just the price, section & row. Seat number isn't necessary. Cheers.

SCG Seat Pricing.jpg

Cat 1 $367 Section 3 Row A

12 minutes ago, kings said:

dang, you went with the big bucks kings 👍 I barely can justify buying cat 2 for Perth :JT2017_Screen:

GooseAvatar.jpg

18 minutes ago, BigBunny said:

dang, you went with the big bucks kings 👍 I barely can justify buying cat 2 for Perth :JT2017_Screen:

GooseAvatar.jpg

It’s called Credit Card debt BB 🤑

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, kings said:

Bad was a part of the JT30 setlist.  It's my favorite song.  I'm not going to these shows but I'll be in the live threads.  I'd love to hear Bad flow into 13.  During EI, people mentioned 13 being the new 40.  Since EI, I've come to realize what they meant.  I'd love to hear both together. 

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, kings said:

It’s called Credit Card debt BB 🤑

I hate owing money. 

GrumpyCatAvatar.jpg

Edited by BigBunny

Ive never heard 40 played live...

Really hope they change it up with the rest of the setlist. Although I was lucky enough to see the IE and EI tours quite a few times, I'd be really glad to see them played alongside the JT. Maybe some innocence stuff before and experience after the JT main set.

I'm sure though they won't drop stuff like Beautiful Day, One, Vertigo or Elevation. 

Some of the AB stuff from the Experience tour could fit nicely either.

But whatever they do it'll still be a great show.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, kings said:

Thanks very much kings. But which section 3? It won't be Bay 3, as it's blacked out, & don't think it's Brewongal 3 or Clive Churchill 2, as they look like Cat 3 sections.

So am I right in assuming that it's Bill O'Reilly Stand 3, labelled as 'ORLY 3'?

Edited by ddarroch

6 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Ive never heard 40 played live...

When they play the full version live-it's those U2 chills which can't be explained.   I cried when they played Gloria and Bad and the full version of 40 in one show.  I made it until the last few How Long's? and tears came even though I fought them.  I hope you get to see it. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Manohlive said:

When they play the full version live-it's those U2 chills which can't be explained.   I cried when they played Gloria and Bad and the full version of 40 in one show.  I made it until the last few How Long's? and tears came even though I fought them.  I hope you get to see it. 

The last time I saw 40, I cried before it even started. Edge walked over to Adam’s side and I knew it was coming. 

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

On 6/7/2019 at 12:06 AM, ddarroch said:

SCG Seat Pricing.jpg

Are the white bays unavailable, or sold out ?