Sign in to follow this  
redeye

PLEASE...play these songs in Sydney!

15 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Ive never heard 40 played live...

me neither.

27 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

Are the white bays unavailable, or sold out ?

they are probably being held for public sale?

Unavailable. Not all tickets go on sale during the presales. There's actually more sections available that I expected at the moment. This information is just from the Live Nation presale, I'm not sure whether extra areas were available in the Red Hill & Wires presales, I'd hope so.

Bays 13 & 14, & somewhere between 27-29 aren't being sold yet, as these may have restricted views from the sound/video booths. I have info for tickets sold in bays 15 & 313, but haven't updated the map yet.

• Brilliant 1

4 hours ago, xrayjets said:

Are the white bays unavailable, or sold out ?

I wanna go see these shows.   I'll wash dishes, scrub floors, do windows, clean toilets, mow the lawn and pull out all creeping charlie.   I can change your vehicle's oil, rotate tires; you name it.  When I'm done, I'll run and hide until the show. FYI.   It is awesome to sign in and see them standing against that red screen on the main page.  Thank God for live threads. 

18 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

I wanna go see these shows.   I'll wash dishes, scrub floors, do windows, clean toilets, mow the lawn and pull out all creeping charlie.   I can change your vehicle's oil, rotate tires; you name it.  When I'm done, I'll run and hide until the show. FYI.   It is awesome to sign in and see them standing against that red screen on the main page.  Thank God for live threads. 

Come on down mate, everyone (everyone !) is more than welcome 

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, xrayjets said:

Come on down mate, everyone (everyone !) is more than welcome 

Send the plane.  No need to go all the way to Milwaukee.  I'll take the bus to Chicago.    

I'd really like to hear them do Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now on this tour.  Edge's guitar on Sleep Like a Baby is a personal favorite.  

2 hours ago, Manohlive said:

Send the plane.  No need to go all the way to Milwaukee.  I'll take the bus to Chicago.    

I'd really like to hear them do Sleep Like A Baby Tonight and This Is Where You Can Reach Me Now on this tour.  Edge's guitar on Sleep Like a Baby is a personal favorite.  

SLABT is my favourite on I&E

On 6/7/2019 at 10:48 PM, ddarroch said:

Thanks very much kings. But which section 3? It won't be Bay 3, as it's blacked out, & don't think it's Brewongal 3 or Clive Churchill 2, as they look like Cat 3 sections.

So am I right in assuming that it's Bill O'Reilly Stand 3, labelled as 'ORLY 3'?

Yep ORLY3 👍

• Thanks 1

On 6/7/2019 at 8:58 PM, xrayjets said:

Ive never heard 40 played live...

In 1984 the crowd sang 4O from the SEC to Central Station. 👌 I think we’re in with a chance this tour. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kings said:

In 1984 the crowd sang 4O from the SEC to Central Station. 👌 I think we’re in with a chance this tour. 

you saw that gig?

• Like 1

I mentioned Bad into 13.  I would like to hear it, however, I have decided I would still prefer to hear the full 13.  How about Bad, the full version of 40 and 13.  it's too beautiful to be at the end of Bad unless they did the full version.  (for me) .  IE/EI is still where it's at for me with this band. 

1 hour ago, Manohlive said:

I mentioned Bad into 13.  I would like to hear it, however, I have decided I would still prefer to hear the full 13.  How about Bad, the full version of 40 and 13.  it's too beautiful to be at the end of Bad unless they did the full version.  (for me) .  IE/EI is still where it's at for me with this band. 

I don't know if 13 is going to fit in with TJT tour 🤔 TJT album takes up half the set list, is there room for 13?... I can't see it and for me I'd rather hear 'The Little Things That Give You Away' if we are going with something from E&I.

and from I&E I'd like to hear Cedarwood Road, just a rocking song. :Achtung_Baby_02: anything that makes Edge stand out without the delay thing going on is great.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, BigBunny said:

I don't know if 13 is going to fit in with TJT tour 🤔 TJT album takes up half the set list, is there room for 13?

This, and anything I've written in the thread, is mere conjecture: Yes, I can see 13 in the setlist.  For me, what is exciting about this tour, apart from them live, is that they hit it out of the ballpark with IE/EI.  When I saw TJT30 tour-the two sets were different.  They took the bow for The Joshua Tree.  It was great.  The second set somewhat made me forget it was an anniversary tour for TJT.  I don't even remember what they played, apart from them ending with I Will Follow.  It seemed weird.  Once I will follow became what it did with EI-it made sense it was the last song in Chicago. 

I3 is a beautiful song, in and of itself.  It's gorgeous, plus it speaks of going back into innocence. I badly want to hear it live again.  I think they can do whatever they want to do.  Perhaps they'll end the fist set with 13.  It's fun to wonder. I'm presuming they'll do Cedarwood Road.  I'm also especially excited to hear Pride for this tour.. All the crap we are facing in the world breathed new life into Pride for EI.  It was as magical in Europe as it was by me in America.   I want to hear, and hopefully see, Pride in a stadium setting with all you folks singing.  (Up Periscope)   

Edited by Manohlive

Posted (edited)

For me, what is exciting about this tour, apart from them live, is that they hit it out of the ballpark with IE/EI.  When I saw TJT30 tour-the two sets were different.  They took the bow for The Joshua Tree.  It was great.  The second set somewhat made me forget it was an anniversary tour for TJT.  I don't even remember what they played, apart from them ending with I Will Follow.  It seemed weird.  Once I will follow became what it did with EI-it made sense it was the last song in Chicago.  

Many people are predicting (& even hoping for) a similar structure to JT 2017, with an old school opening - JT (full) - hits/mix extended encore.

Like you, I'm hoping the second part of the show is more focused on the two recent albums. No time to really incorporate the innocence & experience theme, so just taking in the highlights of the IE/EI tours. Opening that part of the show with the Blackout (or the Love Is All We Have Left intro), to really change the mood after the JT set. Into Lights of Home / Red Flag Day. Possibly including parts of the Zoo Station-The Fly-Horses section, because it was so good. Maybe finishing the main set with Raised By Wolves-UTEOTW as that was also a highlight. Love Is Bigger or The Little Things closing the encore. Oh, & I hope we don't miss out on Acrobat, also a highlight, & the most requested song for the many years of its absence.

To do all this the old school opening is going to have to be shortened, or possibly removed.

Unlike Europe & the US the show will begin after sunset. This gives the band the option of going straight into Streets & the JT, as the screen will be lit up in all its glory. Others have said they really don't like this idea, as Streets really needs a build up (& is so good with the right segue).

Would be a pity to not have that great lead up into Streets, but hey we missed the entire song last tour. I'm kinda interested to see how it would go as an opener again, after so long, & think it may be worth the risk, as it will give IE/EI much more room to breath. If not a JT opening, I hope the old school opening is at least reduced to no more than 3 songs. Sure there's so many cracking tunes in there. But I'd prefer we get a longer second set with the recent songs, none of which have been played in this part of the world.

Edited by ddarroch
  • Upvote 1

Posted (edited)

Will do they a song from Pop?   

It would be so awesome if they did Please or Gone. 

Edited by x3driver
  • Like 3

48 minutes ago, x3driver said:

It would so awesome if they did Please or Gone. 

even if they did Discoteque it would be great. it's like they've forgotten how great that album really is. if they did MOFO or LNOE i may just jump the rail... wait I'm on tier 2 and I can't fly :POPIcon_01:

• Like 2

On 6/10/2019 at 4:11 PM, BigBunny said:

you saw that gig?

Yeah. I was in Year 12. 

• Like 1

Sydney concert sells out in minutes. Second concert announced. Woo hoo. U2 proving once again they are the biggest act in the world. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, kings said:

U2 proving once again they are the biggest act in the world. 

and that's just Bono's head :HMTMKMKM_Bono_02:

• Haha 1

NZ was crazy by the looks of it, sold out in minutes. Melbourne & Sydney not too far behind. Brisbane looks like a bit of a struggle, you can still pull up 8 x GA's on a field much smaller than the other venues. Only the cheaper CAT4 & 5 tickets have sold out. You can still pull up 8 x CAT 1, 2 or 3 tickets!

Perth will be the interesting one, as there's room for a second date, but rumours are a bit so, so whether it is planned.

2 hours ago, x3driver said:

It would be so awesome if they did Please or Gone. 

Give me Gone for a Michael Hutchence tribute on the 22nd please.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

NZ was crazy by the looks of it, sold out in minutes. Melbourne & Sydney not too far behind. Brisbane looks like a bit of a struggle, you can still pull up 8 x GA's on a field much smaller than the other venues. Only the cheaper CAT4 & 5 tickets have sold out. You can still pull up 8 x CAT 1, 2 or 3 tickets!

Perth will be the interesting one, as there's room for a second date, but rumours are a bit so, so whether it is planned.

Suncorp is an awesome venue as well. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

in Perth, there are tickets in the block that I got during the pre sale that are DOUBLE the price!! and they are only a few seats away from where I am at! 

U2OptusStadiumMap.jpg

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

Give me Gone for a Michael Hutchence tribute on the 22nd please.

They have to do a song for Hutch,  

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, BigBunny said:

in Perth, there are tickets in the block that I got during the pre sale that are DOUBLE the price!! and they are only a few seats away from where I am at! 

U2OptusStadiumMap.jpg

Nice one! That's why I made up a seat map for Sydney, just to give people an idea of what category ticket gets you where. Will also be interesting to see what prices will be like, if seats fail to sell. But thankfully that doesn't look like it's going to happen!

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1