Just some thoughts about Ticket Pick Ups at 7/11.

I wandered into a random one the other day, and talked to the dude working there.

You will need the Ticket Order Confirmation e-mail with your ticket number on it (about 15 digits). You can either print it out, before you go, or take your mobile device with it on there.

(For example my confirmation e-mail was sent to my i-phone e-mail, so I will take the phone and show them the e-mail.)

The staff enters your ticket information into the register and prints out the ticket(s) for you. They might get you to push a 'confirm' button on a screen. They will also give you a receipt to sign. And that's it.

Simply say 'Ticket Pick up' and show the e-mail and you'll be fine. Don't forget to smile.

The only small confusion I had with my dude at first was he thought I wanted to buy tickets at first.

I recommend you take some I.D. with you (just in case) and maybe have the credit card with you...again just in case.

Also maybe some small change in case there is a printing fee (maybe 300-400 Yen/ 3 or 4 bucks).

Most staff will be able to understand simple English spoken a little slowly and clearly.

The ticket confirmation e-mail also includes Japanese instructions for the Staff if they give you a WTF? look. but I don't think there will be any issues.

this part of the e-mail:

[STANDING FRONT/REAR, SS/S/A SEAT]
Tickets must be picked up at a Seven-Eleven store in Japan prior to the show, and will not be issued at the venue.
Tickets will be available for pick up from 20th November (Wed) from 10:00am.
When picking up your ticket(s), you will be required to show your e-mail purchase confirmation to store staff. Please ensure you print this in advance or are able to access it on your mobile device.
After the staff have confirmed the Ticket Number shown in your e-mail purchase, they will print your ticket(s).
image.png.bbbf178858d6eaeed9aa224e87288e60.png

Make picking up the tickets a priority when you get into Tokyo. Don't leave it to the last minute. 

Don't lose them, they cannot be re-issued.

I hope this is some help, it may be redundant as others may have already posted about it.

Keep on Rockin' and Rolling.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)

@razspazz Thank you!

I think it's worth it to put the information you shared into its own 'Saitama Ticket Pick-up' thread. There still might be questions fans have, but it'll provide a go-to spot.

When will you pick up your tickets? Of course I'm requesting the video footage with some cool background tunes. What do you think?

Ah, just saw the 'fine print' that pick up starts on November 20. Patience.

"Tickets will be available for pick up from 20th November (Wed) from 10:00am"

Edited by fragrant
  • Haha 1

I was hoping for two nights in Seoul, but since a second night hasn't been announced I'm starting to think about catching night 2 in Japan.  I know that presales have ended, but I'm wondering how ticket purchasing went on that site since I'm looking at the general sale in July.  Some people wrote that you needed a Japanese phone number and that there were issues with the payment.  Can anyone who has purchased tickets already share any tips on using the Japanese ticketing site?  Since it's a general sale I'm hoping to learn from others experiences so things go more smoothly for me.  Any advice would be great appreciated!  

And if anyone has two extra GA's for Japan night 2, let me know.  😀

Posted (edited)
23 hours ago, ballardmama said:

I was hoping for two nights in Seoul, but since a second night hasn't been announced I'm starting to think about catching night 2 in Japan......

Since it's a general sale I'm hoping to learn from others experiences so things go more smoothly for me.  Any advice would be great appreciated!  

And if anyone has two extra GA's for Japan night 2, let me know.  😀

Firstly, if you haven't already, make sure you read this (it's in English at the bottom),

https://www.u2japan2019.com/

I got a couple of GA's in the Red Hill presale. I was aiming to get GA's for both shows, but was a bit shocked by the price (double the price of Oz). So decided that one Japanese show was enough.

Here's a list I previously made up, just to give you an idea of prices.

GA's in Japan are 183/145 USD, compared to 137 USD in Singapore, & 130/120 USD in Seoul (& 91 USD in Oz).

RZ's in Japan are 555 USD, compared to 430 USD in Singapore, & 383 USD in Seoul (& 380 USD in Oz from memory).

CAT1's in Japan are 359 USD, compared to 269 USD in Singapore, & 200 USD in Seoul (& 259 USD in Oz).

As to your main questions, the presale was extremely easy. There were two presales for the Red Hill group, & another two for Wires. This is because each group had an English & a Japanese presale, operated by different ticket vendors.

The English presales were run by Pia (the Japanese ones by EPlus). This is the case for the general sale too, so Pia is the ticket vendor you want to sign up to.

As I said, the presales were EXTREMELY easy. In English, & you didn't even have to sign up to Pia. Just enter the presale code, choose you tickets, enter payment details, wait for confirmation, done!

When I did originally look into this, it appeared that I'd have to register with Pia, which did look quite tough. Particularly as you had to use Kanji, which doesn't play nicely with English (it's actually impossible to translate a name written in English to Kanji). From memory, I think I did notice there were going to be problems with phone numbers & the lack of a Japanese phone number (& maybe a Japanese address). But I'm not exactly sure, so don't quote me on it.

But for the vendor presale (listed below) & probably for the general sale, you're likely going to have to sign up to Pia.

I'm not sure, but it may be possible to register using your hotel address. I'm not sure if it's a good idea or not, just throwing it out there. If you're going to do this, you could book a refundable hotel now, so you have that address & phone number. I'm also not sure if the registration & ticket purchasing process will play nicely with a foreign credit card.

Ticket collection is at 7-eleven (from November onwards), so hopefully the address isn't used for anything anyway.

Other than simplifying the process, the second reason I decided to sign up to u2.com & enter the Japanese presale was because the general sale looks like it will be a lottery. This is quite common is Japan & South Korea. You register your interest, say what type of tickets you want, enter your credit card details, then just wait. Quite some time later (around a month I guess), you'll be informed if you were successful in the lottery. If you were, your credit card will be charged, & you'll get a ticket confirmation (telling you how to pick up your tickets from 7-eleven).

But the main reason I signed up for the presales is because of the procedure that is used for entry into GA. Typically in NE Asia (I believe this is likely to happen in Seoul), there is no GA line. Entry into the GA floor is in the ORDER THAT TICKETS WERE PURCHASED (using the ticket number). So people who purchased GA tickets in the presale should be first into the arena, followed by people who purchased GA's in the general sale. You're unlikely to get a good rail spot buying GA's in the general sale. So just be aware of this, & that it's likely to be true for Seoul too.

Finally, be aware that there is a VENDOR PRESALE UNDERWAY NOW! This finishes very soon, on June 23 at 11:59pm. It's listed on the link I gave you above (which is an official link). This presale is a lottery, I presume the general sale commences when the results of this lottery are known.

So you may want to try & sign up to Pia, & enter the presale today.

It certainly looks like a long & complicated process. But I'm sure it'll be worth the effort in the end. Japan is such an unusual place, with such a unique culture. I'm sure visiting Japan & experiencing a U2 show there will be something you'll always remember.

Best of luck in the vendors presale today, & if it's not possible to enter or you're unsuccessful in the lottery, then good luck in the general sale.

Edited by ddarroch

Thanks for all of your time in responding to me!  It looks like the vendor presale ending today is only for Japanese residents. Am I reading this correctly? So since I’m from the states, it says there will be the general sale for me. 

I’m wishing that I had done he Japan presale but it wasn’t even on my radar. I guess I thought there’d be 2 nights in Seoul since U2 has never played there and it’s the last stop of the tour. Maybe a second night will come if it sells out, which I’m still hoping for. I have 2 Presale tickets left using my code, and I’d love to use them.  

I got RZ for Seoul 1 and I remember that the venue has people line up by their ticket purchase number, so I’m trying to keep that in mind for Japan. I’m going to try for the general sale but am wary of what tickets might be left at this point. I don’t have a need to be on the rail, just trying to get in the door.  In my dream world, someone from the fan club might have a spare GA or RZ ticket (or two) that I can buy. Crossing my fingers that the fan to fan thing might work out for me in the coming months. I’ve sold a few extra tickets that I’ve had over the years to fans so I’m hoping some good will might come my way this time. I’ve always sold my extras at face value, trying to keep in the spirit of the fan club. 

Again, thanks for your assistance and encouragement. If nothing else, I’m ecstatic to being in RZ in Seoul. I hope you have an amazing time in Japan! 

• Like 1

It looks like there will be a second round of vendor presales, for non-Japanese residents. Starting on July 1st. This is what u2songs.com had to say,

In Japan tickets are now finished in the Japanese presales at Ticket PIA and E-Plus, allowing Japan residents to apply for tickets in a lottery based presale. A second round of presales for non-Japanese based residents starts July 1 at noon Japan standard time, and will run until July 13 at 23:59. More information on these new presales will be available on U2japan2019.com. The general sale for Japan, if there are any tickets remaining after these presales, will start on Saturday July 20 at 10am.

31 minutes ago, ddarroch said:

It looks like there will be a second round of vendor presales, for non-Japanese residents. Starting on July 1st. This is what u2songs.com had to say,

In Japan tickets are now finished in the Japanese presales at Ticket PIA and E-Plus, allowing Japan residents to apply for tickets in a lottery based presale. A second round of presales for non-Japanese based residents starts July 1 at noon Japan standard time, and will run until July 13 at 23:59. More information on these new presales will be available on U2japan2019.com. The general sale for Japan, if there are any tickets remaining after these presales, will start on Saturday July 20 at 10am.

Thanks for the heads up about this! 

Mods or anyone else....will I need a Japanese address/phone number in order to sign up for this vendor presale on Pia? I’m in the US and am wondering if the Pia presale site will be in English and if there are any other work arounds I need to be aware of. I’ll get in touch with my credit card company to let them know so my credit card works. It seems the fan club presale was simple but I’m curious about the vendor presale. Many thanks for helping me figure this out. 

16 minutes ago, ballardmama said:

Mods or anyone else....will I need a Japanese address/phone number in order to sign up for this vendor presale on Pia? I’m in the US and am wondering if the Pia presale site will be in English and if there are any other work arounds I need to be aware of. I’ll get in touch with my credit card company to let them know so my credit card works. It seems the fan club presale was simple but I’m curious about the vendor presale. Many thanks for helping me figure this out. 

We don't know about the vendor presale... it's possible that some information will be available here ---> https://www.u2japan2019.com/

Posted (edited)
6 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Yeah it was very simple in the presale. In English, with no need to sign up to PIA. As a Live Nation Asia member, I practiced on a few other presales that were through PIA, just to get an idea. Didn't purchase tickets mind you, it was just for practice.

The Red Hill foreigners presale turned out to be even easier. Just hit the appropriate link on u2.com/tour, enter the code, choose the ticket type & quantity, enter the credit card details (just the number & CVC, not the billing address from memory), hit BUY, wait a minute for confirmation.

My girlfriend did have issues though. The Verified by Visa thing didn't work, as the SMS with the code was never received. See sent it twice, & nothing. I took over, & had tickets purchased in under two minutes.

She had actually called her bank  the day before the sales, & checked that her details in the verification system were correct. They said they were fine 😳

I also called my bank before the sales, & had the Mastercard SecureCode verification cancelled for 24 hours. I did this two times, for Brisbane, Sydney 1 & Japan 2 (which all occurred on the same day), then again for Sydney 2. This greatly speeds up the purchasing process, & removes one possible problem when purchasing tickets. Of course some people don't like the idea of removing that layer of security off your card, so it's not for everyone. I just keep a fairly good eye on my account online for the day.

Edited by ddarroch

It's certainly is weird that there'd be a second VENDOR presale, for foreigners. But there's no asterisk saying *JAPANESE PAGE, like the first vendor presale.

Weird that they'd have vendor presales for people that weren't members. But it seems to be impossible to become a member if you're a foreigner.

You might want to reach out the this FB group for Japanese U2 fans. Whether it's just for some additional information, or maybe a Japanese person can help you sign up to PIA, using their phone number, & sending you the registration code (or whatever is required).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/734176080332328?ref=bookmarks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ddarroch said:

It's certainly is weird that there'd be a second VENDOR presale, for foreigners. But there's no asterisk saying *JAPANESE PAGE, like the first vendor presale.

Weird that they'd have vendor presales for people that weren't members. But it seems to be impossible to become a member if you're a foreigner.

You might want to reach out the this FB group for Japanese U2 fans. Whether it's just for some additional information, or maybe a Japanese person can help you sign up to PIA, using their phone number, & sending you the registration code (or whatever is required).

https://m.facebook.com/groups/734176080332328?ref=bookmarks

Could you share what exactly is a vendor presale? Like who is a part of this? From what you’re saying, I’m not likely to be able to take part in this. Just trying to make sense of my options. Thanks for the idea of the FB group. 

If I end up making it to the show, I’m going to need to buy you a drink to say thanks for all of your help. 😊

2 hours ago, ballardmama said:

Could you share what exactly is a vendor presale? Like who is a part of this? From what you’re saying, I’m not likely to be able to take part in this. Just trying to make sense of my options. Thanks for the idea of the FB group. 

If I end up making it to the show, I’m going to need to buy you a drink to say thanks for all of your help. 😊

Go to the site www.u2japan2019.com and there change to the english version , is on the top left of the page , And there you can have an idea of what to expect. In this page for sure in the next days will be information regarding the pre-sale for non- japanese persons.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For non - japanese persons I mean for persons outside of Japan.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/26/2019 at 11:54 AM, ballardmama said:

Sorry ballardmama, this post slipped my mind & I forgot to answer.

I didn't really know who would be able to participate in the vendor presale anyway. But we have answers now, as the vendor presale is up & running!

The TICKET VENDOR PRESALE-2 is open to everyone.

No need to enter a Japanese phone number, no need to enter an address. The process is quite simple.

NOTE: this is a LOTTERY. Entries are open until July 13 (23:59). You are not guaranteed tickets. So DON'T make any travel plans until you have confirmation that you were successful in the lottery (on July 17).

Visit https://www.u2japan2019.com/

For the English presale hit the 'Apply' button for the TICKET PIA * ENGLISH PAGE, towards the bottom of the page.

Choose either Red Zone or seats & GA, & 'Proceed'.

You'll be bombarded with information on the next page, once you've read it, choose 'Next'.

Another page with lots of (fee) information. One you've read it, check the term & conditions box, so the 'Agree' button appears.

The registration page, a couple of things here.

For the phone number, each field can only contain 4 digits. So the first field will probably need to include you country code & your area code. But it MUST only be numerals, NO plus sign, NO spaces. So join the country code & the area code together. Eg. Sun Valley (208), USA (1) becomes 1208.

The password must be alphanumeric characters, NOT special characters like $ or @.

Choose 'Desired Performance(s)', & select the appropriate date. Click the 'Type of Seat Select' button.

As I said, this is a lottery. You can choose up to 5 options. Each option can be a different ticket type, on a different date. These options are prioritised.

So start with the ticket type you want the most, & the date you'd prefer as Priority 1. Select the ticket type & click the 'the amount of tickets' button. Select the quantity & click 'Confirmation' button.

If you would like to try for a different date or a different ticket type in the lottery click 'Adding desired' button, & repeat the process.

Note, you will only be charged for the highest priority tickets that were successful in the lottery. So if you're happy to go for either date, try them both. The same goes for ticket type, GA front, GA rear, expensive seats, cheap seats. Try whatever you'll be happy to receive. You can have between 1 & 5 priorities.

Once you've completed your priorities, click "Settlement Method" button.

Enter your credit card details & click the 'Ticket Issuance of Tickets' button.

Note: collection of tickets are at 7-eleven stores. This is common for Japanese concerts.

Best of luck!

Edited by ddarroch
  • Like 1