sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

So am I the only one thinking this show is getting scrapped? Given the window between OZ and Japan just got smaller seems like this one may not happen.

1 minute ago, sm2112 said:

So am I the only one thinking this show is getting scrapped? Given the window between OZ and Japan just got smaller seems like this one may not happen.

Please keep checking periodically the site for any updates about the Singapore show...

3 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

Please keep checking periodically the site for any updates about the Singapore show...

Actually I mis-typed, the window is still the same, just no new info. So are you implying it still will happen in that window of 11/27-12/4? 

Just now, sm2112 said:

Actually I mis-typed, the window is still the same, just no new info. So are you implying it still will happen in that window of 11/27-12/4? 

There is no indication on the contrary... but please keep checking the site for all the official updates about it...

Posted (edited)

Interesting that the Tour page now mentions Singapore, but no date has been announced.

"Dates announced for New Zealand, Australia, Japan and - for the first time - Singapore & South Korea. 
#U2TheJoshuaTreeTour2019"

I'm sure it won't be long.

Edited by ddarroch

There has been new info, or at least info to re confirm that Singapore is happening. 

In an email sent this morning 

"Here are the dates, cities and countries (date and venue information for Singapore coming soon)."

Don't panic. The same thing happened with Dublin and Belfast in 2018.

15 minutes ago, sukhjitkamal said:

There has been new info, or at least info to re confirm that Singapore is happening. 

In an email sent this morning 

"Here are the dates, cities and countries (date and venue information for Singapore coming soon)."

Don't panic. The same thing happened with Dublin and Belfast in 2018.

Where? I know when it is slated to but no confirmations or anything at this point that I have seen

U2.com have literally confirmed that they're playing Singapore. If there were any doubts, they wouldn't have announced it. The date is being announced this week. Just wait. 

52 minutes ago, sm2112 said:

Where? I know when it is slated to but no confirmations or anything at this point that I have seen

No other option but to be patient. It won't be immediately (meaning in this case, in the next few mins). Please keep checking the site and Zootopia - be sure that as soon as there is an update about this show it will be published.

I just saw Singapore listed on Live Nation Asia site for November 30 with fan club presale starting June 17 at 10 am local time. I hope it's true.

After grabbing my Auckland 2 ticket, went to email to look for the confirmation....and found an email from live nation.sg with details of Singapore on November 30! Red Hill presale on Monday.

Yep! Got an email from them a few minutes ago. Perhaps another leak, but looks pretty legit. SO EXCITED!!

Not a leak....real announcement on home page. 

• Like 1

Hi,

Singapore date has been announced, however it is not (yet) listed on the tour page while Presales for REDHILL group is supposed to start this coming Monday 10AM GMT+8. I assume this will be added by today or latest this weekend?

It will be added before the presale announced date and time. Please keep checking the site and Zootopia periodically...

Does anyone know what the ticketing site is for Singpore?  I would love to phone my credit card company today in the U.K.  today as a heads up I will (hopefully) be making a purchase.  As the presale is 02.00am on Monday morning I don’t know if they are open at a weekend to ring.

16 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

Does anyone know what the ticketing site is for Singpore?  I would love to phone my credit card company today in the U.K.  today as a heads up I will (hopefully) be making a purchase.  As the presale is 02.00am on Monday morning I don’t know if they are open at a weekend to ring.

https://www.sportshub.com.sg/U2-2019

• Like 1

Think I might have found it now - it looks like sportshubtix.sg.     That’s what I found on live nation page.  Interesting that the seating stadium plan, shows the stage right along the length of the pitch as opposed to the top end of the pitch. I’m guessing this is because the top end is shorter than other stadiums and won’t accommodate the fullscreen. This would make it really interesting as the depth of the GA field would be much shorter than in a normal stadium set up. Visibility would be much better for everyone opposite the stage in seats and for those at the back of the GA field if this is the case!

28E2522E-DA88-4EFC-A0EF-ECAD3C40FA04.png

Is anyone else having trouble creating an account with the local Singapore ticket sales site (https://www.sportshub.com.sg)?

You will need an account to participate in the pre-sale.  

When I hit the New User button, get the following error:

"BLANK ERROR - failed to call resolve site" - see below:

SIN CAPTURE.JPG

1 hour ago, B1is said:

Is anyone else having trouble creating an account with the local Singapore ticket sales site (https://www.sportshub.com.sg)?

You will need an account to participate in the pre-sale.  

When I hit the New User button, get the following error:

"BLANK ERROR - failed to call resolve site" - see below:

SIN CAPTURE.JPG

try with a different browser, please...

• Thanks 1

I got a different error, after submitting the sign-up form; the application page is not available.

So how to book then, via Live Nation or via Sportshubtix?

Also the u2.com/tours website doesn't show any buttons with a link to a booking website..

Posted (edited)
On 6/15/2019 at 12:10 AM, BrunoDog said:

Think I might have found it now - it looks like sportshubtix.sg.     That’s what I found on live nation page.  Interesting that the seating stadium plan, shows the stage right along the length of the pitch as opposed to the top end of the pitch. I’m guessing this is because the top end is shorter than other stadiums and won’t accommodate the fullscreen. This would make it really interesting as the depth of the GA field would be much shorter than in a normal stadium set up. Visibility would be much better for everyone opposite the stage in seats and for those at the back of the GA field if this is the case!

28E2522E-DA88-4EFC-A0EF-ECAD3C40FA04.png

No, it's not that orientation because of the field size. The field is actually large, fitting a rugby pitch easily, with quite a lot of extra room on the field.

I'd say that orientation was chosen to reduce the capacity of the venue. It has a capacity of 55,000. For a normal orientation, take the capacity of one end away, & add GA on a large field, & you still have a very large capacity. I guess they feel that they won't sell anywhere near this number of tickets.

With the orientation they've chosen the will be close to 30,000 seats, plus GA (which will probably be reduced a bit, as the view from the sides will be poor). This seems to be quite a common orientation for concerts held here. Although both Ed Sheeran & Coldplay used the higher capacity end-of-field stage orientation.

Careful anyone choosing seats. The seating plan doesn't accurately represent the size of the the stage, which will be much smaller than presented. The screen size is 61m, which will be under half the width of the field in this orientation. This is a more accurate mock-up. Note: this is a wide angle fish-eye view, objects won't appear to be so far away.

6a3dca6f4a99a4521fe0d53aec0a65bb.jpg

I'd say the CAT 2 seats on the sides will have a very poor view, due to the width of the field.As you say, the front-on seats will be very good. Not much more than 50m away, which is under half the distance that front-on seats would be in the normal stage orientation. For this reason the front of the lower tier is reserved for CAT 1, & the VIP party & Hot seats. I think the CAT 3 seats behind them offer the best value, & will have great views (other than any obstructions that may be created by the delay towers).

Edited by ddarroch

13 minutes ago, dennizz said:

I got a different error, after submitting the sign-up form; the application page is not available.

So how to book then, via Live Nation or via Sportshubtix?

Also the u2.com/tours website doesn't show any buttons with a link to a booking website..

Try to refresh the page. Buttons are on the Tours page now. 

• Thanks 1