sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

Thanks for all the support. Managed to get in eventually- Got GA. Would have preferred RZ.. they kept on coming and going.. but I could never get hold of them.. I think I managed once or twice.. but then it said cart had too many tickets. Could not find the cart on the website to delete the ones I did not want. All while fingers sweating

But to be honest am quite happy with this outcome too! Looking forward to the concert!

• Like 1

Just now, charlieinskip said:

Got my GA tickets after a very tense 20 minute wait in the queue (first time in a pre-sale as my cousin usually buys them!). Singapore here we come!

What an amazing thing for a  first post in Zootpia.  Congratulations.   

1 hour ago, mich40 said:

You may want to get the RZ and then call about the GA. I saw someone did that last night.

Tried calling and they said because code has been used they can't help. I explained that the website didn't allow RZ + other sections and was advised that its due to a different delivery method.

They said I have to wait until the main sale on Thursday :(

3 minutes ago, Rob_W said:

Tried calling and they said because code has been used they can't help. I explained that the website didn't allow RZ + other sections and was advised that its due to a different delivery method.

just to be certain: your presale code right now has only be used for 2 tickets? so, is it correct to say it has 2 tickets left on it?

Just now, Max Tsukino said:

just to be certain: your presale code right now has only be used for 2 tickets? so, is it correct to say it has 2 tickets left on it?

Thats correct I only purchased 2 RZ tickets and would like to purchase 2 GA.

25 minutes ago, Rob_W said:

Thats correct I only purchased 2 RZ tickets and would like to purchase 2 GA.

PMing you...

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Managed to get 4 GA tickets. Couldn't get Red Zone even within a couple of minutes of sale start time. 

Now need to figure out GA queuing strategy! 😉

Thanks to everyone for the tips and best of luck for getting tickets.

With  ̶O̶r̶W̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ You

• Brilliant 1

1 hour ago, heshanp said:

Successfully purchased a GA Ticket and was a very smooth process completed within 2 minutes... Now I can sleep peacefully... SINGAPORE HERE I COME!  :D

Very happy for you Sir! 😊 And you'll have a great time regardless of where you're standing. I have back troubles too, and usually prefer to find a bit of railing at the sound towers for support. If things get too crowded at the front (which they will) there's plenty of room to move (and dance) at the outer areas. 

Being at the front is of course great, but being at a U2 gig is amazing no matter where you are. I once ended up at the back, and still had Bono smiling at me personally, with 20000 people between us (later, my friends claimed he was looking at them, but I know better if course 😊). That's the degree of perfection of B's showmanship: he'll give each of the 40000 visitors in the room the feeling that it's just him and you.

So be ready to be overwhelmed. Blown off your socks. Get teary eyed. Meet new friends. Have the occasional spiritual experience. 

My advice: leave your phone in your pocket. Don't experience this concert through a lense, but through your senses. That's what will give you the best memories IMHO: the sounds, the smells, your emotions when you hear your favorite song. Those memories will last way longer than a movie that you might not even watch that much.

15 minutes ago, LordOfTheGrins said:

Couldn't get Red Zone even within a couple of minutes of sale start time

Many people end up disappointed with Red Zone.  Perhaps what now seems a disappointment will turn into something even better.  I've read GA for U2 equated to heaven. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Manohlive said:

Many people end up disappointed with Red Zone.  Perhaps what now seems a disappointment will turn into something even better.  I've read GA for U2 equated to heaven. 

I'm really amazed that RZ is selling so quickly. It's basically GA with a fence around it and a bit more room to breathe. It's what people usually go for as a last resort when GA is sold out. Or when they don't want to queue (like me this time). 

In Europe, I would go for GA over RZ anytime, without a doubt. 

Edited by Smell_the_flowers

Posted (edited)

I’ve seen U2 multiple times on every tour since Unforgettable Fire. I did RZ for several US shows in 2017 and it was fantastic. A great way to see the show. When I arrived for the first Rose Bowl show, I was number 60 for the RZ when there were thousands of people online for GA. I did one JT17 show in regular GA and it was fine but if you are willing to pay and can get them, the RZ is absolutely worth it in stadiums. IMO the RZ was nowhere near as good in the arenas on the IE/EI tours. They were too far away from the action and the best thing to do during those shows was move around as the band moved anyway. 

Edited by luckytwn

I was not advocating for or against the Red Zone.  It was not my intent to get off topic.  I'm hoping lordofthegrins has a king's view for the show and it's all good.  Nothing more. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Very happy for you Sir! 😊 And you'll have a great time regardless of where you're standing. I have back troubles too, and usually prefer to find a bit of railing at the sound towers for support. If things get too crowded at the front (which they will) there's plenty of room to move (and dance) at the outer areas. 

Being at the front is of course great, but being at a U2 gig is amazing no matter where you are. I once ended up at the back, and still had Bono smiling at me personally, with 20000 people between us (later, my friends claimed he was looking at them, but I know better if course 😊). That's the degree of perfection of B's showmanship: he'll give each of the 40000 visitors in the room the feeling that it's just him and you.

So be ready to be overwhelmed. Blown off your socks. Get teary eyed. Meet new friends. Have the occasional spiritual experience. 

My advice: leave your phone in your pocket. Don't experience this concert through a lense, but through your senses. That's what will give you the best memories IMHO: the sounds, the smells, your emotions when you hear your favorite song. Those memories will last way longer than a movie that you might not even watch that much.

Thank you and thanks for the tips too :) This might be the first and the last chance I might see my favourite band live (but i really hope in 2 years time id get to come to america or europe to see when they play), so this show really means to be a lot.. yes i gave it a thought and hoping to keep my phone in my pocket :) Im sure I''ll shed a tear :D hope they play "Until the end of the world" even though it wasnt in their 2017 setlist.  I hope to get a spot near the end of the walking area in the stage (where bono walks from the mail stage) where i can clearly see the screen. Not sure if the end square area of the walking stage in Singapore venue will be enough for them to play the acoustics like they do in every other tour yeah? 

Hi All

I have purchased 2 tickets earlier today using my access code. Now I wanted to buy 2 more the system does not allow me to do so. Help!!!!

• Like 1

Also wanted to use my other two slots to buy tix for my other friends.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, Rob_W said:

Maybe try clearing the cache on your browser? I was told my code was invalid after a mobile browser issue. Clewring cache may help or use a different device?

Edited by brendo1704
Add more info

How long does it take to receive the pre-sale code? I'm still waiting for my code. 

3 hours ago, Tulips02 said:

Hi All

I have purchased 2 tickets earlier today using my access code. Now I wanted to buy 2 more the system does not allow me to do so. Help!!!!

2 hours ago, maureenesque said:

Also wanted to use my other two slots to buy tix for my other friends.

Thanks a lot in advance.

Right above where you put in your code, it says that the code is only valid for one use. This is not what we are used to with the other ticketing systems, but unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. 

2F150D12-05E5-4A08-AE9D-CB5F2CC0096A.jpeg

23 minutes ago, andysohwk said:

How long does it take to receive the pre-sale code? I'm still waiting for my code. 

if you are eligible for a code, it's on the TOURS page and also in your profile (https://www.u2.com/profile)...

19 minutes ago, andysohwk said:

Try logging out and back in. 

my pre-sale code does not appear anywhere either :( 

not on the tour page or my profile page. I've tried logging out and logging in a couple of times

2 minutes ago, nicolenaidu said:

my pre-sale code does not appear anywhere either :(

not on the tour page or my profile page. I've tried logging out and logging in a couple of times

contact immediately the U2.com customer support service (phone on the HELP page)... better by phone. have in hand all the emails you got when you resubscribed, so you can prove you are eligible for a presale code.

22 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

if you are eligible for a code, it's on the TOURS page and also in your profile (https://www.u2.com/profile)...

Don't see it listed on either the tour or profile page?.

21 minutes ago, mich40 said:

Try logging out and back in. 

Tried. Can't see the code.

2 minutes ago, andysohwk said:

Don't see it listed on either the tour or profile page?.

Tried. Can't see the code.

call customer support service immediately, please...

thanks, I tried to call the number but it's not going through at all :(  I just sent them an email as well.. Will try to call them again later.