Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

1 minute ago, gianconde said:

Got mine as well! Thanks!

Unfortunately, its showing that Red Zone tickets are unavailable already...

(RED) Zone is always the first section that becomes unavailable... remember it's a small section and these are usually the most coveted tickets...

GA is a good place to be... consider it, please...

5 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

(RED) Zone is always the first section that becomes unavailable... remember it's a small section and these are usually the most coveted tickets...

GA is a good place to be... consider it, please...

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a great show regardless of where you are. 

My friend was suggesting that it could be that the allotted tickets for the presales are all out, and more seats will be available once the general sales start on Thursday. I'm not willing ro risk that. 

5 minutes ago, gianconde said:

Yeah, I'm sure it'll be a great show regardless of where you are. 

My friend was suggesting that it could be that the allotted tickets for the presales are all out, and more seats will be available once the general sales start on Thursday. I'm not willing ro risk that. 

RedZone go fast in the presales and even faster in the public sale. I think you are wise for getting whichever you choose today. 

6 minutes ago, mich40 said:

RedZone go fast in the presales and even faster in the public sale. I think you are wise for getting whichever you choose today. 

I'm sure. So, we're getting the next best, General Standing. Cant wait!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Max Tsukino said:

Please check the TOUR page and/or your profile page. We have been informed the code not appearing issue is solved.

If for some reason it doesn't appear:

- Reload the page; or
- Log off from U2.com and log in back.

If it's the same, please let us know...

Thanks for the heads up! I managed to get my tickets!! 🤩🤩🤩

• Like 3
  • Brilliant 1

Ok newest update on Singa ticket presale.. GA sold out and very few tickets available on SEATs as of 2 hours back... if all sells out tomorrow that mean we have a chance for a 2nd show right? do they really keep few tickets for general sale?

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, heshanp said:

if all sells out tomorrow that mean we have a chance for a 2nd show right?

Possible but not necessarily...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, heshanp said:

Ok newest update on Singa ticket presale.. GA sold out and very few tickets available on SEATs as of 2 hours back... if all sells out tomorrow that mean we have a chance for a 2nd show right? do they really keep few tickets for general sale?

Wow, i’m surprised by how many people signed up for membership to get the tickets. Then again, i wonder how many tickets were reserved for the presales.

2 minutes ago, kevindylan said:

Wow, i’m surprised by how many people signed up for membership to get the tickets. Then again, i wonder how many tickets were reserved for the presales.

I know.. but for sure 95% of americans and europians would have bought from pre-sales... not many asians would bother to go for pre-sales, even though I DID and a very few asians who are die hard fans would have done :D however, in the general sale im pretty sure 100% of them would be asians who will be purchasing.. 

I think there were more Asians/locals buying in the Wires presale. Expecting a lot of people from the region to come down for this show. 

4 minutes ago, kevindylan said:

I think there were more Asians/locals buying in the Wires presale. Expecting a lot of people from the region to come down for this show. 

yes, people from thailand, phili, indonesia, india all are targetting singapore cuz singapore is via-less entry for south east asians.. and less expensive than Japan.. as far as I know there are only 2 sri lankans attending the show apart from myself. 

• Brilliant 1

Posted (edited)

Just deciding whether I have enough leave to go or not. On the GA tickets, can someone tell me whether there are two different sections. Does not look like it from the seating plan? Just don't want to buy late in the presale and then be stuck at the back. Thanks v much

Edited by Cazza

3 hours ago, Cazza said:

Just deciding whether I have enough leave to go or not. On the GA tickets, can someone tell me whether there are two different sections. Does not look like it from the seating plan? Just don't want to buy late in the presale and then be stuck at the back. Thanks v much

I’m sure it would have shown it on the seating plan if that were the case. The only time I recall there being two sections for GA on the Joshua tree tour 2017 was in Dublin and it was labelled pitch one and pitch two on the seating plan.  I  can’t imagine at all with this set up (the stage along the side) that there would be two sections for GA.  it would show it I am convinced.  There  weren’t 2 sections on any other venue as far as I remember.  Don’t know why there was for Dublin.

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
On 6/18/2019 at 12:42 AM, heshanp said:

Here's the FB link for the fan meetup group for those who are attending the Singapore Show :)

Nice, Heshan.

Your enthusiasm is infectious.

This was the original group that existed since 2007, and we hope everyone can be long-term members and engage one another positively - even beyond Joshua Tree 2019. 🤘😄
www.facebook.com/groups/u2singapore

Cheers, everyone!

Edited by Bono_OrchardRd

15 minutes ago, Bono_OrchardRd said:

Nice, Heshan.

Your enthusiasm is infectious.

This was the original group that existed since 2007, and we hope everyone can be long-term members and engage one another positively - even beyond Joshua Tree 2019. 😄🤘
www.facebook.com/groups/u2singapore

Cheers, everyone!

Of course :) not only yours there are many other asian U2 groups... for this tour for each city there were groups created for fan meetups for those who are attending that relevant city. Eg: for sydney, brisbane, auckland there were seperate groups created by fans for meetup purposes, which is why i  created that singapore group with the help of more people. Not to outrank other groups or anything, please dont get the wrong impression :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BrunoDog said:

I’m sure it would have shown it on the seating plan if that were the case. The only time I recall there being two sections for GA on the Joshua tree tour 2017 was in Dublin and it was labelled pitch one and pitch two on the seating plan.  I  can’t imagine at all with this set up (the stage along the side) that there would be two sections for GA.  it would show it I am convinced.  There  weren’t 2 sections on any other venue as far as I remember.  Don’t know why there was for Dublin.

Thanks. That is what I think too. I saw there was 2 GA sections in the Seoul arena. 

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, heshanp said:

Of course :) not only yours there are many other asian U2 groups... for this tour for each city there were groups created for fan meetups for those who are attending that relevant city. Eg: for sydney, brisbane, auckland there were seperate groups created by fans for meetup purposes, which is why i  created that singapore group with the help of more people. Not to outrank other groups or anything, please dont get the wrong impression :) 

Alrighty, Heshan. (This is gonna be the one & only post on this. I tried to txt you on FB, please check. Let's get back to talking about the boys spending rare time in Asia - and for some of us zootopians, figuring out how to have fun catching them doing so. LOL)

Wasn't expecting an explanation about ranks and stuff, but if you feel justified and happy, no worries.

The rest of us have been on FB since way back (perhaps even before you became a fellow U2 fan), so we know what groups exist. Yes, new "destination FB groups" were created (for other cities)... moreover you yourself was part of this group and everyone was already talking about the Singapore show. (And btw, what does the FB group banner pic say, buddy? It was someone else who updated the pic even before the announcement.)

Is it really necessary to isolate the rest from the rare buzz, and also from the related discussions of having U2 in Singapore (with yet another group for the same city), some of whom might not get to go to the SG show due to personal circumstances.

Oh well, whatever turns you on. 🤷‍♂️
Let's look forward to a great close to 2019 this Nov / Dec, everyone. ✌

(Heshan, please see my sincere txt / dm to you in FB.)

"Walk on, walk on
What you ..."

MOD EDIT: This is a discussion better suited to be done in private. If you want to continue it, please do it in PM. Thanks.

Edited by Max Tsukino
follow up notice

Roger that, Max.

At least you and Mich have the power to merge threads. FB is a whole different animal. (Moreover, one can simply request to be a mod / admin for a better community - but by not doing so...)

Why should a community (and rare lively discussion) be split when there isn't a need for it to be. SG is already a teensy weensy little market, with not enough U2 fans.

I used to be a user of the original zootopia almost 2 decades ago. (Are those ancient threads part of the archives? Lol) and I'm delighted to see kevindylan and others have been lurking around here for such a long time too.

Anyways, I do hope everyone gets their hands on the ticket they want - subscribers & non-subscribers included! Keep the buzz going!

On 6/18/2019 at 9:25 AM, LordOfTheGrins said:

Managed to get 4 GA tickets. Couldn't get Red Zone even within a couple of minutes of sale start time. 

Now need to figure out GA queuing strategy! 😉

Thanks to everyone for the tips and best of luck for getting tickets.

With  ̶O̶r̶W̶i̶t̶h̶o̶u̶t̶ You

Well the screenshot that was floating around about the 2nd show in Singapore came true !!

Can we use our presale code if we didn’t buy four tickets for the first show or did they block it after we used it Monday? I recall seeing something about not being able to use it again. 

1 hour ago, Erin Go Bragh-less said:

Can we use our presale code if we didn’t buy four tickets for the first show or did they block it after we used it Monday? I recall seeing something about not being able to use it again. 

From the FAQ:

Singapore
Presale access codes are valid for one-time use only.

It appears that the issue was attempting to get tickets in separate transactions (ie: buying 1 GA ticket first and minutes/hours later trying for a (RED) Zone later)...

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

From the FAQ:

It appears that the issue was attempting to get tickets in separate transactions (ie: buying 1 GA ticket first and minutes/hours later trying for a (RED) Zone later)...

so which means we can buy the tix for the remaining quantity, from tomorrow's presale as well with the existing subscription, correct? 

1 hour ago, LordOfTheGrins said:

Well the screenshot that was floating around about the 2nd show in Singapore came true !!

Onya Singapore 👍

1 minute ago, heshanp said:

so which means we can buy the tix for the remaining quantity, from tomorrow's presale as well with the existing subscription, correct? 

the FAQ indicates that presale access codes are valid for one-time use only...

4 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

the FAQ indicates that presale access codes are valid for one-time use only...

oh right got it, thanks max :)