Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

Recommended Posts

32 minutes ago, heshanp said:

oh right got it, thanks max :) 

We asked for details about this... once we get an answer will post it here...

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well done Singapore. Have to admit, I didn't expect a second show there, but it's very welcome news! 😁

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
42 minutes ago, Max Tsukino said:

We asked for details about this... once we get an answer will post it here...

I guess that if no-one can re-use their code, there's not much use for a presale 🤔 Oh well, sportshub moves in mysterious ways, who knows what will happen

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

I guess that if no-one can re-use their code, there's not much use for a presale 🤔 Oh well, sportshub moves in mysterious ways, who knows what will happen

For new signed up members who wish to get the tickets before the general sales. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

I guess that if no-one can re-use their code, there's not much use for a presale 🤔 Oh well, sportshub moves in mysterious ways, who knows what will happen

hmmm yeah... im wondering whether to wait for the general sale or buy another membership and get into the presale.... has anyone who was trying for GA missed, buying GA in the general sales this time? also im thinking whether to get GA once again for the 2nd show after a long day of standing on the first day :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, heshanp said:

hmmm yeah... im wondering whether to wait for the general sale or buy another membership and get into the presale...

Codes are only issued once per tour cycle as a general rule, and one membership per person is maximum allowed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, bigwave said:

Codes are only issued once per tour cycle as a general rule, and one membership per person is maximum allowed

Of course, he’s free to have someone else join and purchase tickets. 

Edited by luckytwn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Max Tsukino said:

We asked for details about this... once we get an answer will post it here...

You asked the venue itself? I asked them if we could use our code again, and they said to check with you guys.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, kevindylan said:

You asked the venue itself? I asked them if we could use our code again, and they said to check with you guys.

Clearly, Singapore Sports Hub has some kind of issue where if a code is used, it’s burned. We saw this the other day when people didn’t used their full allotment, yet they couldn’t get back in. That issue doesn’t exist with other ticketing outlets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, heshanp said:

im thinking whether to get GA once again for the 2nd show after a long day of standing on the first day

I'm from America and have only bought tickets within America..  Many times, I've been able to get a great seat for a show if I buy a single seat.  I usually get up front doing it.  My friends do as well.  Some times we are a few rows behind the other but we have great seats.  I like going to one U2 show alone when there are multiple nights.. It's a completely different experience when I watch the show alone.  IE Chicago first night I was alone.  EI Chicago second night I was alone.  Both were awesome with a unique perspective.  FYI  

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, luckytwn said:

Clearly, Singapore Sports Hub has some kind of issue where if a code is used, it’s burned. We saw this the other day when people didn’t used their full allotment, yet they couldn’t get back in. That issue doesn’t exist with other ticketing outlets. 

Did you try clearing your cache?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, brendo1704 said:

Did you try clearing your cache?

I didn’t have the issue but others reported it and it’s the most sensible explanation as to why this particular ticket outlet is the only one in years where you could not split your code as you wish. 

I’ve been doing U2 presales since the Propaganda days and since they went to the codes, people have been able to use them multiple times as long as they have not exceeded the maximum number allowed. That is also how this tour has been except for this one venue. 

Edited by luckytwn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, luckytwn said:

I didn’t have the issue but others reported it and it’s the most sensible explanation as to why this particular ticket outlet is the only one in years where you could not split your code as you wish. 

It does state that Singapore codes are one use time only (in FAQ and on ticket agency website landing page for the presales, and this has happened in recent times in a small number of other countries (different ticketing systems / laws & rules in each country dictate what that policy will be). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahhh... I will have to buy from the General sale then.... its sad, cuz i only bought 1 ticket for myself from the earlier pre-sale. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got another question though... heard that the venue doesn't allow queuing up overnight.. my arrival dates to singapore depends on this factor, in case there is queuing up allowed, im all game... but if they don't allow queuing up, and they only allow queuing up like 2 hours before the show, then to queue up 2 hours before, how do people queue up to queue up? :S I mean say 10000 people ready to queue up sharp at the time they are allowed to queue up, and how do they queue up at once without queuing up at the queue before? :D There will be human stampede to queue up itself before the show... am i correct?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just called Sportshub and confirmed that it is a 1 time use code.

I got 2 tix for the first show and then tried to use the code again to get another 2 tix for someone else but couldn't get in.  I called Sportshub and the rep said it is one time use only....so no additional pre-sale opportunities even if you didn't purchase all 4 tix allotted.  :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, eyshih42 said:

I just called Sportshub and confirmed that it is a 1 time use code.

I got 2 tix for the first show and then tried to use the code again to get another 2 tix for someone else but couldn't get in.  I called Sportshub and the rep said it is one time use only....so no additional pre-sale opportunities even if you didn't purchase all 4 tix allotted.  :(

Oh damn that sucks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, kevindylan said:

Mods, is it possible to fix this issue with the venue? 

Yes or potentially issue new codes for the fans that are affected (should be most of the members buying tickets for the first sgp show in the red hill and wires group)? Thanks Mods for trying in any case!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, clemmie_mandarin said:

Yes or potentially issue new codes for the fans that are affected (should be most of the members buying tickets for the first sgp show in the red hill and wires group)? Thanks Mods for trying in any case!

Issuing new codes is not an option. Sorry.

If there is an update about this, it will be posted... please keep checking the board.

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You can have 2 subscriptions  in the same household with the same address - my husband and I both have a subscription.  I’ve had mine for years and he has had his about 2 years I think.  We only got his for ticket purchase for the 2017 Joshua tree as my brother in law wanted tickets so it meant we could buy more (not sure why he didn’t get a subscription thinking about it but then he is a bit tight).  Obviously it is 2 completely separate subscriptions with each of our details etc.   It means we get two of the same subscriber gifts though...I have spares!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, luckytwn said:

Clearly, Singapore Sports Hub has some kind of issue where if a code is used, it’s burned. We saw this the other day when people didn’t used their full allotment, yet they couldn’t get back in. That issue doesn’t exist with other ticketing outlets. 

Just thinking out loud... they managed to reactivate the codes of those people who bought their tickets in the 'accidental' presale and had their purchase cancelled. 

Couldn't they do the same thing again?

  • Brilliant 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Just thinking out loud... they managed to reactivate the codes of those people who bought their tickets in the 'accidental' presale and had their purchase cancelled. 

Couldn't they do the same thing again?

The singa tour has been dramatic from the start.. first the tickets were accidently sold, then when we were told its unlikely a 2nd show will happen, came untrue, so expect a miracle few hours before the presale starts tommorrow a notice saying.. "Due to overwhelming response, the presales code can be used again for the 2nd show" :D :p 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Just thinking out loud... they managed to reactivate the codes of those people who bought their tickets in the 'accidental' presale and had their purchase cancelled. 

Couldn't they do the same thing again?

EXACTLY.  I know this isn't a simple solution, and poses a few technical challenges, but it's very disappointing that fan club presale members are getting hosed.  We literally have NO CHANCE to buy presale tickets to multiple shows in Singapore.  I've used 1/4 and would love to see the second show - especially given all the costs of flight & accommodation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Just thinking out loud... they managed to reactivate the codes of those people who bought their tickets in the 'accidental' presale and had their purchase cancelled. 

Couldn't they do the same thing again?

They were reinstated....those orders were also canceled. Totally different circumstances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...