Sign in to follow this  
sm2112

Singapore #U2thejoshuatreetour2019 [THREADS MERGED]

Posted (edited)

I used the hotel address, and it worked but I had to try 3 times to secure RZ tickets. 

Edited by flaming_c
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, luckytwn said:

I followed the advice of the mods...

Always wise :)

• Thanks 1

Hallelujah - thank you all and to ‘smell the flowers’. That was not without stress.  It’s now 4am here and no way can I get think about going back to bed now - I’m zinging  with adrenaline.  I entered the address of the hotel I had intended to book (but not booked yet).  Fortunately I had the details saved and they were easy to open and get the address. So really I haven’t even booked this hotel yet but I’ve put the address in anyway.  It didn’t seem to mind at all - it was almost like as soon as the country was put in as Singapore you could have put any old address in.  The bug was obviously in the fact that any non Singapore country wasn’t compatible with the ‘venue collection only’ drop down.  Now I had better go in and change my address back.... but I am worried in case it cancels my red zone tix....🤔

9 minutes ago, brendo1704 said:

Will try. But even when I spoke to sportshub they told me code was invalid. Thanks heaps fpr the suggestions.

Tried on cy wife's computer. It worked. Seems to be a mobile browser issue.  Wohooooo! Sorted. Thanks all for the suggestions.

• Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, BrunoDog said:

Hallelujah - thank you all and to ‘smell the flowers’. That was not without stress.  It’s now 4am here and no way can I get think about going back to bed now - I’m zinging  with adrenaline.  I entered the address of the hotel I had intended to book (but not booked yet).  Fortunately I had the details saved and they were easy to open and get the address. So really I haven’t even booked this hotel yet but I’ve put the address in anyway.  It didn’t seem to mind at all - it was almost like as soon as the country was put in as Singapore you could have put any old address in.  The bug was obviously in the fact that any non Singapore country wasn’t compatible with the ‘venue collection only’ drop down.  Now I had better go in and change my address back.... but I am worried in case it cancels my red zone tix....🤔

Well done. If at first you don't succeed... and all that. Trying to get the Singapore only address thing fixed, but this seems good workaround for now

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

@Max Tsukino did you get any feedback on why RZ can only be purchased on a Singapore address? Is it a glitch with sportshub, or are there other reasons? 

not yet...

no idea of what is the cause...

Same it's with Red Zone- couldn't get round the address issue. Went back in & bought print-at-home seats blk 113. So, happy, but could be more ecstatic!

Oh, the stress!!

Happy show everyone to those travelling from near & from very far!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Max Tsukino said:

not yet...

no idea of what is the cause...

As long as it's not U2 deciding they don't want the same faces at the railing yet again, I'm happy :-)

8 minutes ago, flaming_c said:

I used the hotel address, and it worked but I had to try 3 times to secure RZ tickets. 

4 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

@Max Tsukino did you get any feedback on why RZ can only be purchased on a Singapore address? Is it a glitch with sportshub, or are there other reasons? 

Have you now gone back in and changed the address back to your own address?  Just wondering whether I should do that now.... or just leave it

Just now, BrunoDog said:

Have you now gone back in and changed the address back to your own address?  Just wondering whether I should do that now.... or just leave it

I would leave it until we hear back about it.

Just now, BrunoDog said:

Would leave it for now, best not confuse the situation any further any sooner than necessary  

2 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

Be safe and leave it...

Ok thank you for your help. I will leave it there.   It appears on my confirmation but I’m guessing they aren’t going to actually write to me there....I mean who writes anymore!

Just now, BrunoDog said:

I left it...after all, it's the address where I'll stay during my stay in Singapore, so I'm not lying, right? I don't think you need to worry too much...it's just a mailing address, and RZ doesn't mail anything.

One thing I would like to ask the mods (but they're already working on that), is to clarify what the actual cause is. Sportshub's website is antique, so I assume it's a technical weirdness or a bad user interface designer. But I'm 100% happy when I know that there's no other reason, like RZ being a charity and visitors having to be locally registered. (This is just a weird hypothetical example that I made up!)

Just now, Smell_the_flowers said:

One thing I would like to ask the mods (but they're already working on that), is to clarify what the actual cause is. Sportshub's website is antique, so I assume it's a technical weirdness or a bad user interface designer. 

We have our best people on it... news when we have it

• Like 1
  • Brilliant 1

2 minutes ago, BrunoDog said:

Ok thank you for your help. I will leave it there.   It appears on my confirmation but I’m guessing they aren’t going to actually write to me there....I mean who writes anymore!

Where does it appear on your confirmation? It doesn't in mine.

Well, that was more stressful than it should be.... why these sites cannot just work i do not know...

However, i have two Red zone tickets, so happy days..

I live in the UAE and so have a PO Box as our address - i just changed the location to Singapore and it was accepted. I believe Singapore works with a PO box system too. Just put a 5 digit number as your PO box, location Singapore. and it seems to work...

Bought the tickets, and now have changed it back to my UAE address, which should be irrelevant anyway as they are collect at the venue!!

Looking forward to a trip to Singapore in November!

• Like 1

Wanted to highlight a question/concern to the Mods about the Singapore show:

I was one of the people that managed to purchase GA tickets about 30 hours early (on Sat 15 June - the ticket and the transaction were cancelled shortly thereafter).  But the potential issue I wanted to highlight is that on the GA ticket from 15 June (bought early & cancelled after) the Gate listed for entry is Gate 9.  However, the GA ticket bought during the Red Hills presale today (Sun), 16 June, lists Gate 15 for entry.  If National Stadium is planning on admitting GA ticket holders through multiple gates, this may raise concerns with any fan-managed numbered queue system.  Not sure if this is an issue that will be sorted out at the venue or if there is advance communication that can happen to minimize everyone's anxiety at the venue.

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

Posted (edited)

Got my tickets - kids coming too!

I have been a member of this community for years never once thinking I would be in a position to access presales.  Therefore I always told myself I would be more calm.  After ignoring advice from my wife and using my phone over her laptop, I am now getting the world's biggest "I told you so" as well as a few glares for shouting at my phone and a few moments of panic.  

This is probably old news to many of the experienced campaigners here but will share my learnings here anyway:

1.Much better booking through computer for anyone in the same position.

2. Always listen to your wife!

Thanks to the mods and others for your helpful advice.

Edited by brendo1704
  • Like 2

Just now, bigreddiver said:

I was one of the people that managed to purchase GA tickets about 30 hours early (on Sat 15 June - the ticket and the transaction were cancelled shortly thereafter).  But the potential issue I wanted to highlight is that on the GA ticket from 15 June (bought early & cancelled after) the Gate listed for entry is Gate 9.  However, the GA ticket bought during the Red Hills presale today (Sun), 16 June, lists Gate 15 for entry.  If National Stadium is planning on admitting GA ticket holders through multiple gates, this may raise concerns with any fan-managed numbered queue system.  Not sure if this is an issue that will be sorted out at the venue or if there is advance communication that can happen to minimize everyone's anxiety at the venue.

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

At this moment we don't know:
- How the procedure to enter the stadium will work and if it will be multiple gates
- If they will allow a fan-managed numbering system... we don't know if it's allowed to queue early as in other venues...

It's simply too early for that... better to wait until there is more information available.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bigreddiver said:

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

Singapore GA line... it has started already???!!! (Just kidding - something to note for nearer time tho, thanks for info)

• Like 2
  • Brilliant 1

1 minute ago, bigreddiver said:

GA_Gate_9.gif

GA_Gate_15.gif

You're seriously considering queueing in Singapore? :lol: Apart from the question whether they let you (you get fined for forgetting to flush after a number 2, and they check), it's 34 degrees and 90% humidity...

• Brilliant 1

7 minutes ago, Smell_the_flowers said:

Where does it appear on your confirmation? It doesn't in mine.

It appears in the top left hand corner under contact details. I’d better book the hotel now just in case.